Whats the next theme song tie to Movie 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kensou, Oct 18, 2010.

1. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

By Linkin Park or other group?
    Does anyone have the relevant information?
    Hope new theme song improved than New Divide.~

2. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I think the new song will be by Linkin Park, and New Divide ROCKED :D :D :D :D  Still love that song! :rock 

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I really hope Linkin park is attached, they just released a new album but they could write a new song, they should complete the trilogy.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should get reliant-k.......but Linkin park is good too

5. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Linkin Park is a plus, but the bigger need is Steve Jablonsky. This franchise dies without his music in my opinion. He has created an "identity" for these movies. When people hear the score from either film...they know where it's from. I would take Steve over Park if I had my choice.

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might disagree with that. While I like what Jablonsky has composed, I don't think he has created an identity for these movies. His music is very good, but I would not say he has made themes as iconic as, say, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer. If I was to hum/whistle one of their compositions, you would immediately place it with the film. If I was to walk up to a random person on the street and hum, say, Optimus's theme from ROTF (the end of Forest Battle and when he is getting Jetfire's parts during I Claim Your Sun), people would say its very nice, but I don't think they would identify it as Transformers.

Like I said, I like Jablonsky's work, but I just don't think it is quite iconic enough to say people could identify the themes from Transformers out of context.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I think they should get Motorhead or Slayer.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I haven't liked Linkin Park since I was 18 years of age, and that interest was very brief (and somewhat regretable). I'm really more of an enthusiast for movie scores. Hell, I thought Jablonsky's take on New Divide was much better than what it was initially based on.

"Random person on the street" might not be able to connect the dots on scores by Williams, Elfman, Shore, or Zimmer, either, much less know who they are. That being said, the most recognizable out of that group is probably Elfman.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't think Linkin Parks songs where that good, but I think they should do the theme for the third movie though.

I wish their sound was more like their old songs, they were much better.

10. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Even though I absolutely despise LP, might as well have them do the "theme" for TF3 for tradition's sake.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see Jablonsky attempt at an arrangement of the transformers theme.

Call me nostalgic but shouldn't the theme be attached to the movie at some point? besides, orchesteral versions of the theme have turned out to be epic.

12. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Of course they might not. I never said that there is a 100% certainty and I certainly don't think many will identify the composers. It's the properties I'm talking about. If you hummed the opening theme for Star Wars to someone, there is a much better chance that they will say "Oh, that's Star Wars" than if you hummed, say, "Autobots" or "Arrival to Earth" for someone. I'm sure there are some random people who will identify those themes, but not as many as who will identify Star Wars.

And really, you think more people would recognize Danny Elfman or John Williams? REALLY? ...O...K

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Did you mean 'over Williams'?

And I just realized something...I mistook Williams as the composer of the Bourne trilogy and Italian Job scores. That's actually John Powell, not Williams. Therefore, my reply to you is worthless.

14. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

What I've Done and New Divide are two of my personal favorite songs. I think the next song Linkin Park should do for Transformers 3 is...wait for it...

THE TRANSFORMERS THEME

And no, I don't want them singing the lyrics to LION's version, I want them to sing their own version (just having a Transformers theme, period, is enough fan wank already).

I will be honest and say I LOVE the version in War for Cybertron more than I do any other version...which isn't saying much, considering the theme song has practically been the same since Day One, with the exceptions of Beast Wars/Machines and RiD (hell, RiD was a smorgasbord for taking different turns with the entire franchise). WFC's version is a nice update that keeps the whole theme of the Transformers ("more than meets the eye" and "robots in disguise"), but it still has its own uniqueness to differ from previous versions.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i would like l.p. to return. the catalyst would been neat song but metal of honor got it.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I'm getting scared of Linkin Park atm...their new stuff is really not boding well with me. I mean, New Divide was great... But, stuff like "Waiting for the end"...

17. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I would like Linkin Park to do the theme for this movie again. I loved What I've Done and New Divide, in fact New Divide is my favorite song. Though I'd want them to write a new song for the movie, and not use one off their album. I didn't really like a lot of the songs on there besides The Catalyst and Waiting For the End.

18. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    But I think you are taking an unfair sampling comparing your listed composers and Jablonsky. Consider the fact that John Williams alone has been around for nearly HALF a CENTURY, your general population will have been saturated with potential times for exposure. Star Wars has been around since 1977. Transformers, 2007. That's thirty years worth of listening opportunities.

Now, ultimately, themes and scores are directly tied to not only a movie's success, but also whether or not they become cultural phenomenons. Are Transformers game changers in film and film industry? No. Was Star Wars? Yes. Being that Star Wars earned the status it received, the themes that go with them will be widely recognized.

But I think you may be underestimating the staying power of "Arrival to Earth". I really believe, given more time for TF saturation into Pop Culture, this will become a classic theme. Bigger and more recognizable than Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, or The Simpsons? No. BUT, I do believe these scores have helped push Transformers out into the front of the "not cultural classics but leaders of this group" group. Jablonsky gave these movies identity. Whether that identity is as big as the monster films you have mentioned, time will tell, but unlikely. But it doesn't take away from the fact that these themes are becoming more and more recognizable in pop culture via commercials, trailers, games, etc.

19. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Whoops, you're right. I meant over. :p 

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Jablonsky and Justin Bever!! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol