What's the most insane thing you ever did for your TF collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MC Rap Throne, Feb 28, 2009.

1. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I've skipped Armada/Energon/Cybertron and only bought an eventual MP or random toy in the past 3 or 4 years. But thanks to Classics/Henkei and movie toys, I'm back into collecting TFs.

The first crazy thing I did was stealing money from my parents to but TFs when I was a kid. There was this woman who used to travel all the way to Paraguay to bring the goods. When she told me she would bring TFs for me, I made that terrible mistake. I got owned though - she brought some random weird robots that didn't transform. When my parents found out, I got the beating of my life, so I've learned my lesson.

The second crazy thing was in 98, when I went to Japan to work as a 'dekasegi' (literally meaning 'making money out of home'). It was the Beast Wars era, so I went to a department store and bought a Wolfang. Four years later, I had over 200 boxed TFs in two huge boxes on their way to Brazil.

The third thing I'm doing right now - I've ordered over 20 Henkei toys and placed pre-orders for MP Grimlock, two Combaticons giftsets and the Ganbo seekers (Thrust and Dirge).

So... how much do YOU love these things? :D 

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    we made the decision to get the house that we did based on my collection size. the third floor is one big room--30x15--of all my toys.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw the film and enjoyed it, so for shits and giggles I picked up the Soundwave TRU reissue the following winter, Ultimate Bumblebee after Christmas and the Prime, Megatron and Starscream Revoltechs not long after that. I started debating buying reissues of certain characters late last summer, spurred by my learning of the 25th Anniversary Prime being made...then started talking myself into the Movie and Classics figures...then Animated caught my eye...then I picked up the reissues and other figures I wasn't enthralled with at first but then grew on me...don't forget the Masterpieces...

Basically, my collection went from a measly five to over 140 in the span of 5 months. I've never counted how much exactly I spent in that short amount of time. All I know is, it was a lot.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I sold an entire set of gen1 and Star Wars to buy a BMW when I was 20 that I blew the head on twice and then scrapped

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    ate ramen noodles for a month and other cheap eats to gather the extra money together to get a Brave Max a few years ago when i was unemployed ....GOTTA HAVE THAT PLASTIC CRACK!!

6. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Winner Winner chicken dinner:thumbs2: 

7. OdeeanRDeathshead

OdeeanRDeathshead Infiltrator

I only ate cans of tuna two meals a day for most of the time I was collecting energon. That show had so many toys and I had chosen that line to be the one that I would complete (totally) in play figure and misb.

Also once I gave up smoking for a couple of months to buy a massive star wars book, The Star Wars Chronicles. (I have since quit for good three years ago).

8. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I spent $250 plus shipping for Headmaster Rodney, a figure the size of my thumb.

9. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my taxes the day before Wizard World Chicago '07. I was only going one day and I said I was going to buy one huge thing. I found a in package armada Unicron and thought that was my item.

Decided to look around some more and came across the Matrix of Leadership statue for $180 . I came away for the con lighting my brightest hour even more!!

Another time was unintentional. It was during the BW era and my bro got transmetal Dinobot which I also planned on getting. I was sick in bed and my current Girlfriend at time ask if I needed anything from the store. I gave her a $20 and told her to get me the white dinosaur because she was terrible when it came to something she had no interest in. She came back with TigerHawk and she paid the rest of what my twenty didn't cover. I still love her for that.:lolol 

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I took my Armada Unicron to work, left him in my truck all night long, and when the night was over I waited until everyone had left so that I could take pics of him on a stripper pole (all in the name of pwnage of course)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*yup yup, still pwnin' on you beyotch!*

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I bought a 35mm print of "GoBots: Battle of the Rocklords" without having a projector for it yet.

12. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Paying $180 for a Black Convoy during the craziness price hunting a few years ago.

Thought...

I still love it!

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is awesome...and slightly bizarre! I wonder if a friend of mine hs brought her My Little Pony collection to her work then...

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Done nothing insane for my TF collection. Not yet.

15. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WOW! I totally misread the title of this thread: It's FOR not WITH. Makes alot more sense now :dunce 

I Feel Dumb Now

16. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:

Hahahaha XD you almost killed me with those pics [​IMG] , I almost bite my tonge trying not to laught hardly or my dad would had thinked I became insane. XD

Now I'm not goin to see at Unicron with the same eyes again, so that's what he does when he is not eating planets ;) ​

17. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    prostitution.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    So since the price hike, did your BJ price go from $7.77 to $12.88?

19. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol  It never hurt so bad to laugh as it does now!!!!!

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol