what's the liklihood of a mgs4 revision?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    having recently gotten a ps3, I've been holding off on buying metal gear solid 4, having been burned on the ps2 by buying the mgs games when they came out, only to have a second version released a bit later (substance, subsistence). have there been any rumors of an updated mgs4, or has it been determined that this was kojima's big send off to snake, and that it came out as he wanted?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    There has been no words about a revision/update so I think this time you'll all clear :) 

Its a masterpiece of a game just make sure you have the time to put into it as it is very, very time consuming but very much worth it, in my opinion.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Considering the relatively cheap prices, it's worth to blow $20 bucks on now even if they release a newer version later. Though I do agree with about feeling burned with the last two editions.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, and that's the thing--I don't have time to play them. so I'm just concerned that if I get it now, will an update come out before I actually get around to playing the one I would have bought. sounds like I'm good, though. thanks!

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

not sure what they can add this time, snakes a bit too old to skateboard imo. though i did like the version of the theme that played in the skateboarding.

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I say slim to none. There was that copyright for a name that fit into the substance and subsistence (existance?), but that was long ago. There's also a couple of games in the works by the mg teams. We usually don't know about the next game until after the updates. They usually launch alongside or in place of the greatest hits release too.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have all the special editions.

My MGS4 is still sealed, including the collector's art book, Metal Gear Saga Vol.2 DVD, and the collector's strategy guide.

I haven't opened it because I don't own a PS3 yet, but also because IF they do make an ultra-special MGS4 edition, then I'll probably buy that and sell the one I already have.

I've been so busy as it is that I haven't even opened any of the games I've bought since 2008. Been playing the N64 games during free time because I can at least get further in them even in small 5-10 minute play sessions.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    ^^ I feel your pain. I've just been finishing up some last-gen greats that I purchased knowing they were good (okami, ninja gaiden black, god of war 2) and was just sitting down the other day to see what all the fuss about bioshock was ;) 

9. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have around 85+ Gameboy Advance games I've yet to open. I haven't even opened up my Graphite back-lit GBA SP!

I think I'm pretty much well set for having new games to play. I'm in no rush to jump into next-gen yet.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, I got the ps3 because I just couldn't pass up on that sale that dell had for $250. and so I just put up a bid on mgs4, I'm going to make the total cost that I'll be willing to spend be $8. we'll see how long it takes me to get it for that!

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bid on eBay?

I saw this auction: MGS4 collectors edition w/ pre-order disc BRAND NEW - eBay (item 200432499674 end time Feb-01-10 19:14:07 PST)

New, cheap, except it doesn't have the art book or the strategy guide, but you could always get those later. Heck, I still see the collector's edition guide in stores.

12. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah I think you're safe to get MGS4 at this point. The original release was back in summer 08 and the game has already been "greatest hit"ed. If there was going to another version we'd have heard something about it by now. I think Kojima has moved forward.

I had the same question when I got my PS3 in November but I had to get MG (it was the first game bought for my PS3) and it was worth it to play it. The game is fantastic.

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope he's moved forward. I want ZOE-3 dammit!

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    ugh, not after zoe 2. I got that about a year ago because of all the hype. it's one of only two games I've ever sold without finishing. I came to the conclusion that it really was frustrating because of a lack of good control.

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then how about a next-gen remake of the original Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid?

16. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Even if they did a new version chances are that dlc would be available