What's the going rate for a Car Rbots Fortress Maximus and Reissue Predaking?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Synical, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I checked about a year or so back and loose/complete FM's had spiked up to going on ebay for $300 or so. As far as Reissue Predaking goes, I have no idea.

I have a loose/complete FM in mint condition with the box. It's the Japanese version, not the Korean. All that's up on ebay right now are a few auctions of nutbags asking for ridiculous amounts, and PK seems to be the same deal. My PK is also loose/complete, stickers applied (painstakingly) with box.

I was just wondering what to expect if I had to sell these, since they have to be the most valuable Transformers I own.

I wouldn't want to sell either one, but hey, times are tough, I may have an emergency at some point.

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I recently sold an MIB Brave Max on these boards for around $300. It was the Korean version, but had the reproduction guns with it (for what those are worth). I think the buyer was happy with the price, and I was too.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure how much they go for however I would love to get my hand on that PK if u do deside to sell. Man, I do so love me some tax returns.

4. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

A MIB Predaking re-issue tend to go for around $300.

A MIB Brave Max is more like $500.

Your mileage may vary.

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i bought a predaking off the boards about 1.5 months ago for $225 shipped...

I have a car robots fortress maximus aka Brave maximus listed for sale for $400 shipped and have not had one offer for it....so there ya go....

6. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

Is re-issue Preds really going for that much already?
    Did they not make many or something? That's a big price hike.

7. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Two years ago, I bought an opened, MIB Predaking reissue for $165...but the prices are starting to really creep upwards on eBay and TFieds.

$300 is not really the starting point, more of an average of what I have seen people asking for theirs. Even at $300, the diecast reissue is soooo very worth it. I know I love mine.

8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its been a few years since they were available and there was never a huge volume changing hands at any one time due to collectors holding on to them and the fact they are still probably one of the most desirable of the all the reissues. I recall they sold out pretty quickly.

Also consider getting hold of a G1 original Predaking in mint condition is not that easy, unlike say Metroplex. Equally there has not been a bootleg of comparable / close quality.