What's the general feeling about Optimal Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hutchprime, Dec 28, 2008.

1. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Good toy?

What's he worth?

Easy or hard to find in good condition?

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I just recently acquired one. I love it. The car/hovercraft mode are worthless but, the beast/bot modes are good. I haven't messed with it too much due to the fear of chipping/scratching the chrome. Oh, and the screw to the battery compartment is stripped so I can't remove it. I found mine on evilbay for $46 complete. Watch out, if you go for used make sure they have all the parts: gun, 4 missles, 6 blast shields. Took me a bit of searching to find one complete.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Possibly one of the most difficult TF's I've ever owned....until I got MP Megatron and Alt. Grimlock, anyway.

I REALLY LOVE the figure. It's big, it's poseable, it's armed to the teeth, and it looks awesome. However, I only transform it from bot and beast mode. Plane and "tank" mode are too hard, and the end result just looks like a monkey kneeling.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Great toy. My favorite in the entire BW line. But as the Tetris Lord said, it is indeed very difficult to transform. I keep mine in bot mode.

Sorry, I am unable to answer your other questions.

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i like the mold...but prefer the repaint of primal prime more myself...the colors of optimal optimus look too gaudy and flashy to me...he looks like a carnival ride....

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I love my Optimal Optimus. I too keep mine in robot mode.

My wife actually bought it for me for Christmas one year, she got it at TRU. It may have been the first TF she picked out for me without me actually being with her.

She's great!

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    They need to remake the repaint of Primal Prime for Universe.

8. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

One of the best figures from the Beast Wars line.....I found a MISB one on ebay on May, had to battle for him actually, but at the end I got him, this is my 2nd one, had to get rid of my entire collection back on 2002.

9. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Primal Prime is harder to find however. And more expensive, sadly. Haven't been able to find one myself at a good price. If he was easier to obtain? Primal Prime would have it hands down.

OpOp however, is still an awesome toy. Great toy. One of the best ever. Definitely in the top 3 of the BW toys (TM2 Megatron is another, IMO).

If you can find it at a good price, OP, then you MUST buy it. It's so awesome.

10. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    -Bad colors
    -Lame and dangerous gimmick
    -2 weak alt modes out of 4
    -Ridiculously easy (can we say almost non-existent?) transformation for a toy of that size

11. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of enjoyed him as a child. Almost picked up one that had everything minus the missiles for 20 dollars in my local comic shop, but decided to pass. I always enjoyed the poseability of the arms.

12. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Definately a nice figure, but he can be a pain to find complete. I was lucky enough to get mine at a local flea market for $10 and its complete, but I would say $40-50 price range is suitable to finding him complete online.

Only thing that makes him difficult to transform is that his joints can be very stiff and heavy, plus his triggers for his armor plates are notoriously sensitive after wear (from both aging and play) and will often pop off if moved suddenly.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

One of my favorite transformers. I highly recommend him.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like the big ape, but his size class has been done better in recent years.

15. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Good concept, weak execution. I might pay $10-20 for a second-hand one with all the shields.

16. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I have him gaurding the top of my PC so you know he holds a high regaurd in my book. Not sure what to pay since I've had it since it came out but $40 sounds fair.

http://[​IMG]

17. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got mine from my ex-wife as a Christmas present (while we were still together) back when it was released, and it's been one of my favorite figures ever since. It has the sensitive arm shields, but they aren't anything to complain about.
    I actually like the car mode, but I understand the negativity about the alt modes.

All in all, if I didn't have it already, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love his huge hands and feet. Very impressive figure, but because of the very impressiveness (= big and heavy) I don't handle him much :tongue: 

Got mine for AU$45 or so shipped, complete missing the rifle. My sensei so kindly gave me the missing weapon, but I know that was an extreme luck.