What's the deal with the Wii?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Jun 10, 2010.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the Wii version going to be like the stuff we've seen so far or will it be totaly different? The whole changing the name to "Cybertron Adventures" has me worried that Nintendo is going to pull a Ghostbusters here on us, Is this just paranoia or are they really going to change the game?

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

1 of the game stop managers told me that it was labeled at Cybertron adventures but no reason as to why. I asked him was it due to the word WAR and he said no not that hes been told.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    This is a good question. The complete lack of anything other then the name change is why I didn't even consider the Wii version, at least not for some time until real reviews and info comes out.

Slightly off tangent, this doesn't seem to be just a "Nintendo" thing, as it's still War for Cybertron and a damn fine game on the DS. You can find info on the net, including a good interview with the head of the DS project on YouTube and if you've got a good TRU by you, you can demo the game there. The DS game isn't a smaller port, but it is the same story, more or less. It's also the system I'm getting WFC on.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nintendo has nothing to do with this, and they had nothing to do with Ghostbusters. You can't blame them for how third parties decide to make games.

But as nothing has been shown of the Wii version this close to release, it's safe to assume that ACTIVISION (not nintendo) has made something terrible, and is hiding it from us so they can get some blind purchases.

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate the world.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I loved it when I played it last Saturday. Getting both DS versions and the PS3 version. Happy Father's day to me lol.

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Believe me man, I'm scared of what it will turn out to be too. I'm afraid due to the new name, that it will be entirely different, and more of a "kiddified" game like Revenge of the Fallen was. :( 

And yeah, the fact that there are no reviews or even any updates/announcements makes me think that this game will make it's money off of blind purchases.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tieger's not even involved with the Wii version. It's a whole different studio, IIRC. It'll probably be as lousy as ROTF Wii was compared to the other versions.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

That second part is what bothered me the most. To elaborate on my earlier post, we had screenshots of the DS game within two weeks of when the premium systems had screenshots, we've had developer interviews, the official game website talks about the DS, there are articles, exclusive character lists, and info about the multiplayer. Then to top it off, TRU has the demo for people to try hands on and find out how cool it is in person.

Other then it's "Cybertron Adventures", there has been word zero about the Wii game. No screenshots, nothing about the story or playtype, no character or exclusive character lists, absolutely nothing. Heck, I don't think we've even seen the proper picture of the cover!

As others have mentioned, there must be something seriously wrong with the game and why I've labeled it as avoid at all costs. I'm getting both campaigns for the DS for my birthday, but I doubt I'll ever get the Wii version, even after its been out for a while and there are reviews and whatnot.

10. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I was planning on buying the Wii version to start with, but after the name change and after all of this time there's been nothing released about it, I'm just going to get the PC version.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think they're trying to play it safe by not releasing any Wii info.

The game will no doubt not be as good as the main one (PS3/360/PC), because the Wii has less hardware capabilities, and is probably developed by another company (not High Moon) - which can result in the game not being as smooth and connected to the main one..

I think Activision would rather hype people with the main game and hope some Wii owners will buy the Wii version thinking it will be just as good, rather than 'devalue' the hype of the main game by also showing off the lesser Wii game.

Of course, this game could be that one magical game that breaks the spell of craptacultar 'lesser systems' tie-ins (If a game is made for 360/PS3 the Wii/PS2 mostly always gets the shaft..:p ) and be totally awesome.

My guess is it will be a similar game, but without online multiplayer, smaller and emptier levels which don't look as good (hardware hinders not only graphics but also the amount of stuff that can be shown on screen..), probably with added motion sensor controls.

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure the main difference will be "swing the wiimote to swing Prime's ax!!" because that's sooooooooo much more fun than pressing a button. It's revolutionary! <_<

I love Nintendo, and I'm currently having a blast with SMBG2, but that fun is in no way related to the motion sensor controls. Jerking your wrist ever couple of seconds to make Mario spin isn't really "fun", and is far more distracting than just pressing a button.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I agree with you. As cool as shooting your gun in Metroid Prime 3 was, if a game is fun it doesn't matter what kind of input device you're holding. In other words: I find playing a shooter on my Xbox with controller just a big an experience as playing a shooter on the Wii with remote.

Once you get 'into the zone' you forget what you're holding anyway.

14. Mutantx

Mutantx Well-Known Member

Since this is out now at Sears stores- I hope someone buys it so we can find out if its good or not. If it sucks , you can always return in to Sears right?