What's the deal with the new Cyberverse prime Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Negronicus, May 16, 2012.

1. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The black redeco of the DOTM Soundwave? Looks almost like an attempt at making a sort of Soundblaster version of the movie character.....which sounds awesome. Makes me wish they'd release a deluxe repaint or Human Alliance repaint.....

2. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    I guess we'll see if they do repaint it if all these movie figs are suppose to be coming out. fingers crossed

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    by the way if you look at the packaging u top theres is nothing that says PRIME! you know how the vehicon package says "TRANSFORMERS PRIME" the soundwave package says"TRANSFORMERS" only!

they havent made a sondwave figure yet that is the same as the one in the show yet! but they will or they mostly dont do it cause it is way to thin!!!!

4. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Correct. There is no "Prime" Cyberverse Soundwave yet.

5. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There may or may not be a release of a black Soundblaster repaint of DOTM Deluxe Soundwave mold in the movie trilogy All Stars line. (Ditto with a white G1-headed Wheeljack redeco of DOTM Deluxe Que.) Only catch would be is they'd be Asia exclusives only (if they ever get released at all).

And nope, no sign of an official TFP Reaper alt mode Soundwave figure in Cyberverse form just yet.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The one released looks great as a leader for the Cyberverse Vehicons, so at least there's that.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really like the Cyberverse "Prime" Soundwave. I use him as my Soundblaster for sure.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Idle speculation:
    Perhaps, since they went from New DotM Molds --> New FE Molds --> New RiD Molds in such a short time with so many US cancellations they needed to cut back a little by using repaints.

Or perhaps the Legion figures were all set for the "Trilogy" line, which got axed, and got put in with RiD since Legion figures are a easier to sneak into other lines.

Or perhaps they just really wanted to get DotM Soundwave and Mirage out there in some form.

Hopefully we get a proper Cyberverse Prime Soundwave (and the "Asia-exclusive" DotM figures).

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I was going to swear cyberverse Soundwave and Mirage ("Dino") were in TFP packaging but I noticed there actually isn't any mention of Prime on the front of the card (even though the artwork is there) :lol  :eek: 

[​IMG]

10. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    It is the same thing with the evac!

no pics at this time!