What's the cut off?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaPrime33, Oct 13, 2007.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Some dude next door to me is remodeling his house and I can him hammering away inside. It's fucking 12:30am! Shouldn't there be a cut off time where people can't make any fucking racket past a certain hour? WHo knows how long this is going to go on for!

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

If its after midnight, you can probably call the police and report a disturbance. Might want to local into city noise ordnances first.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, most municipalities have noise ordinances. In Atlanta, I think it's a noise that's audible more than 50 ft away for more than 15 minutes after 11 PM on weekends, or something like that.

But instead of being an asshole and calling the police right away, why don't you just go over there and politely ask him to stop, on account of it being the middle of the night?

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Most cities have a cutoff time of 10PM for noise complaint related issues. He should be more considerate and STOP around that time.

If you want, grab some of that Gorilla Glue like in one commercial, walk in wearing your robe and bed head. Grab his hammer and GLUE it to his ceilings or somewhere.

Or, to be more civil, just call him if you know his phone number or find out what it is and call it at that time. If he has a wife I'm sure she'd LOVE to hear from you. If that doesn't work try talking to him first in a civil manner. Like, oh, at the time he is doing it first. If he is an asshole THEN politely leave and call the cops while he is still making the noise, or wait until the next night. If he bitches at you just tell him you gave him a chance.

Also, it will help you out to keep a log of the times and DATES of each incident should (heaven forbid) this incident go to civil or criminal court.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Counteract his racket with:

1. Rossini's William Tell Overture (2nd half) blasted from your audio speakers at max volume.

2. Blast some crazy Death Metal shit over his way. May I suggest the DethAlbum.http://www.dethalbum.com/

3. Send him the noise of incredibly loud hot crazy lovemaking. Make sure to knock some stuff over and that you both are real loud.

4. Use a miniature Civil War desk cannon that fires BB pellets. Suggested to use this with option #1.

5. Go over to his house and give him a wrath of shit. *Most likely option*

6. Launch fireworks over his house. Make sure to use the "loud bang" ones.

7. Hammer away -at his house.

8. Call his wife (if you can) and if she is not home with him, tell her that two people are really making a racket next door, and it sound like their having a real good time (if you know what I mean).

9. What ^My03Tundra said regarding the Gorilla Glue.

10. Ignore it and try to get some shuteye.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait til tomorrow nigh- or really early in the morning- and get the urge to do some rather loud home improvements yourself.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Dress up a mannequin as a Mormon and stand it in front of his door and ring the bell. He will be quiet hoping they go away and you will get some sleep.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Unless he is already one...

Call at 9AM when he is likely asleep and ask real LOUDLY "You wanna take a survery?!?"