What's the big deal with RTS Wreck-Gar? Questions :)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, May 19, 2011.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Now I really don't like any of the newer type TF's like ........ Well, anything but G1, but the RTS Wreck-Gar looks decent. It's the one TF that actually made me look closer at the other lines.

1-- Why is he so sought after? Is it rarity and/or people just like it because it looks cool?
    2-- I've noticed diff. color variations also, how many are there and what are the names?
    3-- What is the avg. going price for each loose and boxed of the variations?

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought Wreck-Gar (who was also my first Transformers toy in like 10 years) because he had a mustache.

I'm not joking, that was seriously the sole reason I bought him.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    2 words : army building

people are making armies of Junkions

4. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Basically, he never really showed up at any stores, and he is part of the classicverse, one of the best looking tf's hasbro came out with in a while

5. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    First of all, Wreck-Gar is just damn awesome, which is why so many people want him. Because of problems with the RTS line, he's hard to find in stores. He also has the ability to mount other Wreck-Gar figures in robot and alt modes. Some people mod him to make him look like Junkions for army building and they go for $12 in retail.

6. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

good luck finding him at retail

7. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Hard to find really? He was shelf warming down here for the better part of 2 months along with G2 Prime...
    I like the figure but like the OP I don't really see the fuss about him, one is enough for me. Maybe two so he can "ride himself". :cool: 

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Id agree. He's just f-ing cool! I really like him....

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

this. ive got 1 mounted wreck-gar. thats enough for me.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

tj max? ross? eyes open fellas...

11. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

1-- Part of what makes him hard to find is that people are buying multiples of him for several different reasons. He can ride the motorcycle version of himself, so that gets people to buy at least two. He's very conducive to troop building, as that gets people to buy a few. Maiden Japan made some really cool add-on pieces and heads, in different colors, so that gets people to buy a whole bunch of them. On top of this, the wave seems to have a smaller distribution, so the lack of availability plus the high demand equals scarcity.

2-- There are 3 different releases currently available. The Hasbro version has the mostly brown, orange, and yellow deco. The United version (Japan) has red added to it, and doesn't have flames on the chest. Then there is the e-hobby exclusive Scrapheap which is mostly Brown and grey, with a little bit of red, and has a new head mold. The Hasbro instructions show another head, which may be a new Junkion later down the line.

3-- A Hasbro one goes goes for around $15-$25 sealed. Don't know about the United one - they started at about $30 sealed, but may be more now. The Scrapheap sells for $120 boxed (comes with 2 other figures) and around $65 loose.

Hope this helps,

Silvershot

12. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

QUOTE: 3-- What is the avg. going price for each loose and boxed of the variations?

The United version has shiny paint and is the best IMO if price is no object, can be had for approx $50-$60 MOSC if you can find one

The RTS version lacks most of the paint aps, but is otherwise the exact same toy, much more plentiful from what I can tell, but almost just as expensive these days, can be had for $20-$35

The Junkion Scrapheap has a remolded head and is the most expensive of the 3, and is great for army building b/c he already has a unique head (no custom parts needed). Unfortunately, he commands somewhere around $65-$80 these days....

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    1.) He's cool as hell. He's one of those Classics updates to the G1 figure where you see it, and just want to fist pump. And the fact that they can sit on each other while one's in robot mode and the other is in alt. just cried for troop building, and makes it that much of a better homage.

2.) There's United, which is the only other color version of Wreck-Gar, and then there's Scraphead, which is Wreck-Gar's body mold, but a completely different headsculpt, some body alterations, and coloring, which is because he's a completely different character, but still a junkyon, and awesome to have as well, since they were together in the show.

3.) Check the B/S/T forum. Just search Wreck-Gar.

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :D  I found two of him today....at a grocery store of all places. I think I'm keeping at least one (after having found a few for other board members here)......he is rather hard to find (at least in my area).

15. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    1-- Wreck Gar is an excellent figure with excellent articulation. He was part of the cast in the movie, and season three, of the G1 show... so everyone wants one. And most people want at least two, because Wreckgar has a feature where he can ride himself. (A tab in his crotch plugs into holes in his seat. So anyone who has two Wreck Gars has an epic way of displaying him).
    But the thing is, he was released pretty scarcely. It was hard to find at retail, and he sold out online all the time. And the reason people rage when they see a person with dozens of wreckgars is because they can't find one for themself.
    2-- Reveal the Shield, and United are the two Wreckgars. Each has a different color scheme. Theres also the ehobby exclusive "scrapmetal" or something...
    3-- Not really sure.

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Yea, this and Rite Aid are your only hopes of snagging one at retail, albeit at a premium.

17. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Kid Kountry toys had 2 today and is the only store here I've seen them at. I got them both, bringing me to seven for myself and 10 bought total. Kids like him too. :D 

18. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

1) i just like him ever since my 1st one. the toy handles like a voyager class in my eyes. everything is neatly tucked away. the head you can reverse so in alt mode you don't see it at all. i have 11 wreck-gars these were all bought at TRU and WM. they use to pegwarm here but i think i got most of it and other peeps finally gotten rid of em. i think i saw maybe 50 of them total. if i find one i'll grab it if i can.
    2) RTS and United. united is the less accurate one i find.
    3) 9.99$ was the least i paid. some were 25% off and some at full retail here. 15.99$ cad.

i wouldn't pay more than retail for these. if you really want one bad maybe 20 bucks max.

19. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I bougt RTS Wreck Gar because I've never had a Wreck-Gar mold in my collection and I've wanted one since the 86 TF movie. Plus he is several time better overall than the origina for what I can see except for his lack of weaponry.

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had no intention in picking one up got one anyways and I have no regret what so ever. It's a fun toy and a great homage to his G1 counterpart.

If you can get your hands on one I highly suggest you get it. If you don't like it, there is many here that would gladly take it off of your hands.