What's the best way to unload recent tfs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lonely_Cosmos, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Lonely_Cosmos

Lonely_Cosmos Member

I have heaps of stuff from the Armada era and newer and I am sick of lugging them around in tubs when I move.. what is the best way to unload them and to possibly get some of the clams back that I spent on them?

I don't suppose that anything from 2002-newer is worth anything, right?

Most figs are mint/loose/complete...

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

You could use the Junkion Exchange forums. Also, you could definitely get a decent amount of money from anything Armada-present. Depending on the condition of the item in question, as well as it's popularity, you stand a decent chance of getting more than you originally paid for it.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Nah trying to sell loose newer stuff you'll make pennies compared to what you paid. You might get $5 for a loose $30 retail figure if you're lucky. You might get $50 for a lot that cost you a couple hundred.

One fig that is worth something is cybertron Leobreaker, I sold mine on ebay with box and instructions for $70 US.

4. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Really? I like to browse the Junkion Exchange, and I'd swear that I've seen a lot of Armada/Energon stuff go for only a few bucks cheaper than the retail price, and on some occasions more. Maybe I'm jut delusional :) 

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

By all means you certainly could be right that at certain times they do go that high. But the turnover rate at such prices might be very low/slow, i.e. post 20 figs and sell 2 of them in a month or two, thus taking a long time to sell them off. There are also however many cases where hundreds of (retail, misb) dollars worth of BW to present stuff sells for very little, that's how I've gotten all my post-G1/pre-cybertron stuff, getting a good few sweet lots for $20-40.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Just remember if all else fails Fireworks are fun!!!

7. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

BLOW EM TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol  jk

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    You're on crack man. :)  You can easily get $5-10 for deluxes depending on which ones, $15 for the ones with electronics, and so on.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Depends on the figures. Some guys like Cybertron Leobreaker, Energon Beachcomber, and Energon Ultra Magnus are worth quite a bit. Most will sell for very little. If you really want to get rid of them, I'd try the trash can.

10. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'd suggest doing some quick research on Ebay by checking completed listings and seeing what things have sold for. I've been looking for some loose AEC era TFs, and I've found that sales prices tend to be low, but shipping is inflated enough that I think the seller's are getting pretty decent values.

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Dude, don't listen to people that are encouraging you to blow them up or throw them away. It'd be better to sell them online to someone that wants them (kitbashers are always looking for figures to repaint/remold/reshell or take apart for parts) even if you take a loss. If you don't want to take the time & effort to sell individually, sell as lots. If all else fails, donate to charity.