what's the best way to sell your comics?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ckhtiger, May 21, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've got about 200 comics from the mid 90's that I realized I just really don't need anymore. I was wondering what the best way is to sell them--ebay or try to find someone on message boards? the other thing is if I do sell them on ebay, should I try to sell them individually, as a lot by title, or as one huge lot? I don't know if there's any demand but here's the basics of what I have, and yes, I know, I was an image fanboy back then:

Bone: 1-6tpb, 7-55 individual comics (entire run)
    Cyberforce: 1-8
    Deathblow: entire run
    Grendel Tales: entire run
    The Maxx: 1-20 or so
    Pitt: entire run
    Spawn:1-38
    The Spectre v3: entire run
    Prophet: entire run
    Team 7: entire run
    Usagi Yojimbo v2 color: entire run
    Usagi Yojimbo v3 b+w: 1-60
    XForce: 1-25
    Cable:1-6
    Wetworks: entire run
    WildCats: not quite sure, but at least the first 15
    Scud the Disposable Assasin: 1-11
    La Cosa Nostroid: entire run
    Angela: entire run
    Space Usagi: entire run
    Violator: entire run

2. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I've been thinking about thinning out my comic collection. I have a lot of stuff that I'll never read again and don't have any real desire to hold onto. I would probably make lots based on title or character. Selling them as individual issues would probably be too much hassel for too little money as I doubt the standard lone issue would go for much. Maybe for large runs dividing them into lots of 10 issues or so would be good.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was trying to get rid of some of mine on Ebay. But looking at what I have and what its going for, its not as much as I thought it would be. Stuff that I thought would sell for a decent amount, going for less than the price to list it. Or not selling at all. Just not worth it to me. If you figure something out, let me know, I've got lots of stuff to get rid of.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

nope, I found the same thing--it's just not worth it. most of the stuff doesn't sell, and if it did, I'm sorry, but I'm not getting rid of a hundred comics for ten or twenty bucks, even if I do have scans of them.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless it's a Golden Age or very important Silver Age comic, you'll be lucky to sell them for the cost of the bag and board. Just hang on to them or give them to some deserving kid.

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

See if any of your local comic shops or used book stores would consider buying them from you. If they don't offer you cash, they might at least offer you trade value so that you can swap some of the stuff you don't want anymore for some of the stuff you do want now.