What's the best TF gift you've recieved?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Thought I'd share this cause it was such a cool story...
    My sister is 12 years older than me. We've always been cool, but it wasn't until we both were adults that we talked much.

So she swings past today. She was telling us about her recent trip to Texas. she was explaining how it's nice down there. Then she tells me she got me a present. Lo and behold she whips out a Masterpiece Starscream. Somehow she remembered that when I was a little kid I liked him the best, and she got me one. I almost cried, honestly I was completely surprized and blown away. I felt like I was 5 again, that rush of getting a new toy... It's so much better when it's a surprize, instead of the exhausting process of searching for that new TF you want.

As if he wouldn't already have been, Masterpiece Starscream is especially my favorite TF now.

What's your favorite TF you received?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Recieved? 20th Prime. It was like the end of February at the time. I had seen a bunch at Walmart, but due to the time, did not have any money. I ended up asking... Next thing I know... There's 20th Prime.

I also got Alt Tracks the same way, but it was November.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

20th Prime for me also...in fact that was only the TF gift I received since I was a kid.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A big fat load of nothing.

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    While I was in college, I remember first hearing about a new Transformers series called Transformers: Armada during a commercial on Cartoon Network.

I was somewhat excited, as it seemed that Transformers were finally returning to earth/vehicle-based alternate modes (somehow I never heard or saw Robots in Disguise...never even saw it advertised, and never paid attention to toys in stores)

My girlfriend noticed my excitement, and I explained what happened to all my Transformers when I was younger, and how they were put in a box marked "FREE", found by my cousin, and eventually sold to pay for his fancy new car...(along with his own collection of course)

I also told her how awesome Optimus Prime was, and what he meant to me back in the day, and how his death was like the most memorable moment when I was a kid...and somehow she remembered, and bought deluxe Armada Optimus Prime for me for Christmas (we were college students so we couldn't afford much).

To this day, it's my number one most important toy...even though the value isn't that much, and it is displayed in a very prominent place in my collection display. I have since purchased every variation of the mold as well.

This will hopefully explain my attachment to the Armada storyline and characters, and why almost every kitbash I make is Armada-related. Armada and my girlfriend brought me back into the fandom.

Of course, with a girl that special, I asked her to marry me recently!

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Hmm... either DVD Prime or Ultimate Bumblebee, maybe Leader Brawl

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Its a tie between Metroplex on Easter and Omega Supreme for christmas (86?).

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Christmas 1985 I got the Superion giftset (which admittedly I kid-campaigned HARD for once I learned it existed) which was, at the time, the coolest thing in the entire history of the universe

9. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I got a RID Prime for Christmas the year it was on tv from my parents (That was my 1st RID figure and it got me back into collecting... He's a truck again!).

Also, this year, my girl got me a Leader Brawl for my B-day!

Both, bad ass figures!

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If we're counting childhood gifts, then I'd say either G1 Prime or the Stunticons win.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    G1 Fortress Maximus, unbroken and complete save for his large rifle that I had to get elsewhere. Got it for my birthday this year from my dad who's co-worker had to get rid of his old figures that were being stored at his parents house. When his parents moved out, they had to go somewhere, so I got them. I got a ton of others with it, near complete Skyhammer, Metroplex, Quickswitch, but come on... Who gets a near-complete Maximus for free?

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

That is a very cool story!

Congrats! :thumb 

It's really tough for me to choose just one since almost everyone I know is so supportive of my hobby!

Here are the gifts that come to mind:

Energon Unicron-My brother didn't have a lot of cash and he found it on clearance at Wal-Mart. A really cool Christmas present!

Universe Depthcharge-Another gift from my brother for a different Christmas.

Cybertron Starscream, Classics Astrotrain, Classics Hot Rod, TFTM Jazz, TFTM 70's Bumblebee, TFTM Barricade, Zip Zaps Prime, Zip Zaps Bumblebee, Zip Zaps Barricade, SWTF Darth Vader-All gifts from my GF for various reasons (or no particular reasons) over the last three years! I consider myself to be the luckiest guy on the planet! :D 

13. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Resident TRU Emplyee

When I was about ohhh 8 or 10 I had gotten back into Transformers big time. This was around late 90's ( i was born in 1990 and wasn't fortunate enough to be a child of the 80's) And so I wanted all the original toys. One Christmas my parents got me a whole lot of g1 toys off ebay. That was prolly my fondest TF gift. My second is probably when my parents got me a mint G2 prime.

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't gotten a TF as a gift gift (i.e. "I'ma buy this for myself as a gift" stuff doesn't count) in 20 years. That would have been HM Scorponok for Christmas '87. But I'd rate the Jetfire I got for my birthday the year before as the best ever. Still have him, complete, whitey white, and nice and cozy in a replacement box/foam that I got a couple of years ago.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    As a kid, Optimus for Christmas and & Jetfire for my birthday.

More recently:

My wife is a fan herself, so she has gotten me things for occasions.

Most memorable one was during the whole Alt Nemesis Prime fiasco. Some of you may know of my black Prime collection...anyways, she saw how dissapointed I was after taking the day off work to order one, when the HTS site crashed more or less, and I didn't know if my order went through. (it never did)

She got me a package from SDCC that had a the Transformers 7.4.7 movie shirt, Alt Nemmy and two magnets, (Autobot & Decepticon with 7.4.7 on them)

I will never forget that moment. All the anger I had from not getting him was washed away in an instant. It was pure bliss.

If you are lucky enough to have a signifigant other who supports your hobby/addiction, let her know how much she means to you, as often as possible.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Exish-wife did a little "special dance" to the original theme song in nothing but the movie Underoos. The Optimus Prime ones, to be specific.

Then...well, it's a PG-13 board. Suffice to say, it was awesome and I saved the other pairs for the next girl I can talk into doing it.

17. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Wow! Nice to hear all these good stories.

Scourge, you ain't lying. It's nice to have a girl who supports your addiction to childrens toys (I'm still looking)!!! :D 

18. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    We have a winner!!!

19. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a child growing up I always wanted to get a hold of a G1 Megatron. I never had one, and my Decepticons were always without a leader. Over time other generations came around and other Megatrons were available to me, and I even got my hands on a G1 Galvatron (who's toy really dissapointed me) but I never got my G1 Megatron.
    My wife, who was just my girlfriend at the time, who I had only been dating for a couple of months went with me to a comic book store one day, and there was a big Dreamwave Megatron poster on the front door. I had no idea TF was coming back as a comic so I got all excited and told her about how I never got my hands on a G1 Megatron and how I always wanted one since I was a kid.
    A couple weeks later I go over to her house, she hands me a G1 Megatron in his original box. Not only was that the best Transformer gift ever, it was the best gift in general ever.

20. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I would have to say it was Classics Megatrong seeing as I was just very happy to finaly own a Megatron with a gun form. The best TF I ever got was 20th Aniversary Prime but my mom let me go pick it up off the shelf at Toys R US and payed for it with me right next to her and stuff since I did so well that quater in school so I don't think that classifiyes as gift.