Whats the best Optimus Primal figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astro-Furby, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby N7 Destroyer

I have finally started watching Beast Wars (i know, i know...im late to the party) and im really enjoying it so i want to get a show accurate OP figure, ive been looking on ebay and found some Takara ones that seem to have the correct colouring on beast mode, but then i found what looks like an extra large DX version (twice the size apparently)...can anyone shed any light on this? is it just an upscaled version or is it a new mold?

Or are there any others i should consider for best show accuracy?

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The Toys R Us 2 Pack with remolded heads are extremely CG accurate.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

best optimus primal figure? do beastwars 2 and neo count? :lol 

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Others will probably disagree, but I would point you towards this guy: Convoy (2007) - Cybertron - www.tfu.info

He's a small figure, deluxe-sized, but as cartoon-accurate as they get. Not nearly as gimmicky as the standard leader-size OP.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The 10th anniversary remold of the original gorilla toy. It's a great figure with a lot of cool gimmicks and, with the remolding, is really show accurate.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Robot Masters version was my Optimus Primal. It spanked any other version.

I also really like the deluxe Cybertron repaint of the 10th anniversary figure. But I call him Ape-Link.

7. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know I'm probably the only one who will say this, but I actually like the original Transmetal Optimus Primal the most. Yep, the blue monkey. I just think he's the most fun.

8. Cyko-Destructo

Cyko-Destructo Rock-Lord

my fav is transmetals optimus primal

9. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Best one in my opinion is the 10th Anniversary one with the show-accurate head and no mutant mask.

I also love Optimal Optimus if you count that. :) 

10. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

Get Transmetals Primal he's a great figure, show accurate and he has a surfing monkey mode.

11. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

s

I personally like the Cybertron Deluxe primal the brown one not the blue/silver one that was packaged with the Axalon, he is not show accurrate, but is a great figure for Optimus.

12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Optimal Optimus.

Oh yes.

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I have to agree with Transmetal 1 Primal. When he came back like a metal gorilla and had a surf board, I loved it. He might have been the BWs figure I playe with most besides the original Gorilla and Cheetor. 10th Anniversary and the original Gorilla mold are awesome too.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

Optimal Optimus for me.

15. 420bot

420bot ******

I liked Primal Prime better b/c I wish he'd have been like that in the show with those colors.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

With the exception of the original Ultra Optimus Primal (maybe Bat Primal too), it's quite hard to go wrong with any version of him. Primal is one of the few BW characters that was done right the first time nearly every time.

Personal props to the Transmetal or the 10th anniversary Ultra.

17. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby N7 Destroyer

hmm, lots of opinion, but does anyone have this larger DX Primal? that looks show accurate to me, but is it any good?

18. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Have to totally agree with this. To me he is the ultimate representation of season 1 Optimus Primal!

The larger DX figure uses the original BW mold. The same mold was released and remolded for the 10th anniversary two-pack as a more show accurate representation.
    If you want show accurate and want that particular mold, the two-pack Primal is the way to go. The DX figure features a pretty show accurate shiny paint job but doesn't have the remolded face and chest. Here's a comparison: [​IMG]

To answer your question. I don't own that particular version but I do have the original Primal. He is a cool toy but is hindered by his chest-punching gimmick a bit. He does have cool flip-up missile launcher and a hidded flail. I'd say it's a pretty good mold, but if you can get only one figure get the smaller Telemocha Convoy!

19. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    ^ This. I have this one, and he is simply awesome!

Like you, I got into BW late. I wanted to get the most accurate Season 1 version of Optimus Primal, and the one both these guys mentioned is the absolute best (in my opinion): Japanese Telemocha TM-01 Optimus Primal/Beast Convoy.

He's show-accurate in both bot & beast modes, and has a lot of nice gimmicks: the flight pack & cannons (which come out of his back), swords (also stored/hidden in his back), hidden wrist cannons, and cool little hydraulics in his feet. Comes nicely packaged with a DVD (but Japan region coding) of some BW episodes. He's small (deluxe-sized), but definitely worth it. You can see it here: Convoy (Optimus Primal) - Beast Wars (10th Anniversary) - Toy Gallery - Photos 1 - 25.

The Ultra-class DX version you mentioned is pretty cool too; similar gimmicks, even fancier. BUT, I like the smaller-sized one because Maximals & Predacons are supposed to be far smaller than Autobots & Decepticons (see end of Season 2). And also, if you want a matching Megatron too, get the corresponding deluxe-sized Telemocha Megatron (TM-02): Megatron - Beast Wars (10th Anniversary) - Toy Gallery - Photos 1 - 25. He's the most show-accurate BW Megs that I've seen & actually has a sculpted left hand (under his removable tail weapon). Other Megs (including the ultra-sized one) usually come with no left hand, only a non-removable tail-claw weapon.

20. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite is Optimal Optimus but if your looking for the original Optimus Primal then get the 10th anniversary version from the two pack. There also some nice repaints & BW/BM Convoys you may be interested in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]