What's the best non ebay auction site?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Jul 28, 2012.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Ok, I've had it with ebay. I hung on as long as I could but now they've gone too far. I recently sold the MOTU Classics Snake Man At Arms on ebay. The buyer paid and the money is on my paypal. I had withdrawn it to my account this week. Today I noticed a withdrawal for the same amount from my checking account back to paypal. Paypal is apparently holding my money hostage until I ship the item, they've had time to check to see if it's as described and then probably screw me over by saying it's not (I fully expect that to happen, this just sounds way to fishy).

Well, needless to say I'm not going to sell things on an auction site that's going to allow my buyers to hold me hostage like that. So, the question is: What's the next largest auction site that's not ebay? I'd love to start buying and selling elsewhere, but I just don't know where to start. I'd like to do so somewhere where my items can get similar exposure as they would on ebay. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    SG Ebay

seriously though, i don't think there is one. those penny auction sites don't sell TFs or anything collectible. just electronics, cars and other shtuff

3. transtrekkie

:lol 
    That's what we have now that I'm trying to get away from.

4. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Does Amazon count?

5. transtrekkie

I dunno, can you sell stuff on Amazon like you can on ebay? Cause if so, yes that would totally count.

6. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

try Kijiji?

7. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I've used ebid successfully for Transformers, buying and selling.

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've bought a few things off of ioffer.com. I've seen a lot of G1 KOs on there too.

9. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you just started selling on eBay? If so that's one reason why they hold your funds. If you've been selling for a while, I'd call Paypal, and ask why you now have holds on your funds.

10. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Yeah it only has to do with whether or not you took a long (6 months or more) break from selling, or you just started selling. They don't do it a lot man.

Dude, I can assure, there is no safer method of internet payments than PayPal. And there is no better site than ebay, don't listen to "exceptions" to the rule on this one. I've tried just about all of them, nothing compares. With paypal, you can literally fight it out over every battle as a seller, and 99% of the time come out on top.

Don't sweat it dude, they're just trying to make sure YOU aren't a scammer. Because trust me, there are a sh*tload of people trying to scam ebay/paypal.

11. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    ioffer, it's pretty gd

12. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

ebay has turned into a piece of garbage, you can't even contact most sellers and ask them about what they're selling anymore. I'm trying to buy a loose spyglass from G1 reflector, and no one has pictures of the back, and I can't even contact the people to see if they'll take a picture of the back for me, or whatever.

13. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

click his user name, it'll show his feedback, and his avatar, under his avatar it'll have contact member, and then it acts like the regular contact member. I know it's really rejected how they set it up, but it's supposed to stop spam, and all that nice stuff.