What's the best comment you have recieved about your figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Neo-Bombshell, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well after so long threads about people making fun about our collecting, what about talkign about some times when people says something cool or became impressed about your collecting? Maybe some people who changed his/her opinion.

Well, I'll start.

I remember when my girlfriend (now my wife) used to make strange faces when I bought figures with her ocassionally. One day I got a very nice BM Deluxe Jetstorm and I kept it in his blister while we were walking by a park.

Suddendly I noticed that she was looking at Jetstorm curiously. She said: "This looks really cool, can you open it?" I did it and and we transformed the figure. "I can't believe this jet became this robot. This figure is so freaking cool!"

That was her first time beeing interested in one TF of my collection. Nowadays she's a great Laserwave and Superlink fan!

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    The best was actually someone who couldn't say anything when they saw my collection. Dude stood there for about 5 minutes just looking.

I asked if he was alright and the response was great: 'You mind if I, um, just keep staring for a while?'

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Best comment was my Wife's Uncle:

"What are you, a f*cking 8 year old".

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

"That's a cool Starscream figure" about my MP Starscream from my Dad, when he's not telling me my room looks like a little boy's room.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Some people just walk in and stare, lost ask how much it is worth (to which I answer 'I don't now, never really cared about the value).

My favorite was from a long time family friend that said that it was incredible to see the work that I have done with it. This meant a lot because my parents never liked the idea of me collecting toys and this person put it into perspective for them. There were worse things that I could be doing with my money...

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

"Hey... I had that guy as a kid!!! What was his name.... man, I LOVED that thing! Can I see it?" :) 

7. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

Everytime my sis and cousins come by they always say how cool and amazing my room looks! It's ur typical half figures opened and all posed in cool positions and the other half still in package. But along with a giant G1 TF poster and a giant movie Prime "3D" board bust.....my room IS pretty sick looking! My sis is actually brags about it to her friends. One of her (hot) friends think my MP Prime is "lyke soooo hot!!" Even at my desk at work. ppl once in a while talk to me about how cool MP SS (Walmart exclusive) is, pretending to steal it. (Yes i keep one at work, but is locked up in my drawer every night. He's just too cool to have only one!! lol) But my manager makes fun of me asking why do i still collect dolls? hahaha!

8. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I received my best comment from a stranger when I wasn't even there to hear it.

I was at work while my wife had the day off, IIRC, she was showing a representative from Guardian Alarm(or some alarm company anyway.) around the home for an estimate on a new alarm system.
    When he saw my collection she said he just froze for a second and then said, "Wow!" He was very excited and asked if he could look around the room a bit, telling my wife that he'd loved TF's as a kid.
    Then upon reaching my display of Optimus Prime figures he exclaimed, "I had no idea there were so many Primes!"
    My wife thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to tell me about it, she had to call me at work and relay the experience.

The second best would have to be from my Father-in-law. He's always frowned upon my collecting "toys". But one day on the way to the in-laws house, I picked up an Alternators Optimus Prime and opened it while we were visiting.
    After watching me transform it a few times he asked to see it and upon examining the figure exclaimed,
    "I can't believe the engineering that must go into these things!"
    Ever since then whenever he comes over he asks to see what new figures I've picked up.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    "What'll you do if you ever have to move...?"

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    "Action figure collections make me horny."

And then I woke up. :( 

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

"Where'd you get that?"

-The second time I went to see the movie on July 3rd, I had my Optimus Voice Changer with me this time, and some guy (around 35-40 years I'd say) asked me where I got it. 35-40 years old, his wife sitting next to him, and no kids. :sly2: 

I currently believe Transfandom (or any Fandom at that matter) is for anyone.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD!

JESUS!

Total Silence (Shock & Awe)

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've gotten the 5 minutes of silence response...

It's eerie. You don't know if you should just leave them alone, or call for help.

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    not much, until i get a decent display room they're in my wardrobe. clothes ftl.

16. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

GO BURN IN A LAKE!!!

mind you it was a drunking asshole who randomly yell out to me

HA so i relpyed go drown in fire!!!
    he was quite after that :D 

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had a few buds get silent, eyes open in amazement, "holy crap" etc.

Recently, the FIOS tech was like, "Dude, this is awesome...it's...a museum"

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had two guys drop to thier knees and proclaimed that they were not worthy to me. :lol 

19. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:

Hey man, I got exactly the same quote from a teacher on the former school I worked. I sometimes brought a figure of my collectin for my desk. This old math teacher always used to make fun at me, but one day he saw me transforming Superlink Shockfleet/Energon Mirage and he said the same. he was really impressed.

I remember when once I was downloading some pics of my collection on a computer of my new school and I was doing that while talking with some of my students during the break.

Someone said: "So you have pics of your figures, let's see..."

Suddenly I heard a loud "HOLY SH******T!" Behind of me... there were about 6 guys around me, everybody with their mouths open wide...He he he it was so fun, they were really shocked... they thought I had just 10 or 12 figures.

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think my favorite was a 6 year-old kid who lives in the neighborhood who worked up the courage to talk to me at a local bookstore to shyly say, "I like your collection." He'd only gotten a small peak from what he could see through the doorway, but it made me smile.