What's so special about Josh Nizzi's work?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    This isn't supposed to be a thread dissing his work - I love his work. But I was wondering because doesn't he draw from models? If that's so then can't anyone else technically do what he does? So I'm just asking what's special about his work? Is it just his skill because his drawings do looks very nice.

2. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

I think what makes his style special is that he seems to kind of know what Bay is looking for and knows how to draw to those likings. I also think he has a very good idea of what would look good once it's rendered.

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    anybody can draw concept art but only his art captured the attention of Michael Bay and that is why it is shown on sites like this so much. Because only his work matters.

The style really captures the essence of what Bay's TF universe is like

I've seen other concept artist's work but only Josh Nizzi's is the most consistent

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I feel his character designs are more fitting with what I feel the complex movie Transformers should feel like - some of the other artists' character designs are just too 'out there', and don't feel right anymore.

But concept art like this is often a collaborative effort, so I can't be sure just how much of the input is from Josh himself, if he did it all himself or if he finished an idea somebody else started. So I don't want to pretend the other artists are not god amongst men. :lol