What's so rare about Leobreaker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 1031Prime, Nov 5, 2006.

1. 1031Prime

1031Prime Dreamer

I randomly checked item prices on ebay and leobreaker appears to be pretty pricy lately. Is there any reason for this? Is he really that rare?

Interestingly it's just the original color version that I'm observing this, whereas the nemesis breaker repaint (which I find cooler) does not seem to be that "hot".

1031Prime

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i dont think he's rare at all..
    i was at both my local walmart and Target( where i got my Classics Megatron and Optimus Prime) and they had alot of Leobreakers too.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd guess it has something to do with the fact he's out of production as well as the really cool Botcon comic showing that mold being G1 Razorclaw. Those two factors combined will easily drive his demand up for kitbashing alone.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may be one of those 'ohmigawdthelineisoverigottacompleteitnow' things. In time it will probably come down.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's everywhere here. Always placed in front as if they can't get rid of him :lol 

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I guess maybe he's demanding a high price tag because nobody got him at the time and now people are realising they need him to finish their collections.
    Or it might be because he combines with Optimus. The Optimus combiners always seem to run for a little more.

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I experienced the same thing recently while trying to find a Leobreaker for a friend. I got him from an online store for, like, $24. I haven't seen him in stores around here for a while. And yeah, like godsenddeath said, I think the high ebay prices are all part of the end of the line jitters.

8. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

He's MIA here. Only Nemesisbreaker. If he is here, he's hiding really well.

I recently got Galaxy Force Optimus, now I want thing that combine to him too!

Thought about just getting Nemesisbreaker anyways, because the black looks good together... but I want to be true to my inner Cybertronian.