What's so bad about "Robot Heaven" anyway?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Oct 30, 2011.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean it's not like we havent seen an afterlife for Transformers before.
    So why all the hate for the "Robot Heaven" scene from ROTF?

2. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Because it was shoved in the film in a really tacky way just to move the plot along. If the actual Cybertronian mythos was actually explained in the films then it probably would have jelled better overall but as it stands its just stupid

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I dunno, I was cool with it.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Seriously? I don't have a problem with it. But a lot of things in the movies you normally have problems with. :lol 

5. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    I think it is cool

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Actually I like the idea of the Robot Heaven. It really can delve into the Mythos more! But I didn't like of how it got shoe-horned in ROTF.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it took all the 'real world realism' that TF1 tried to establish and suddenly made the series all mystical in nature & tone. Basically they 'cartoonified' it. As Michael Bay stated before and after ROTF, he wanted to create a world that was believable if giant mechanical being like this landed on Earth and tried to blend into our world. Then ROTF comes along and we find out life & death is all based on other-worldly destiny and whatnot. Once you open that flood gate, anything suddenly becomes possible. But I''l give Bay credit for going on public record several times by admitting their biggest mistake with ROTF was exactly that: making the series mystical in tone. Thankfully he got back to basics with DOTM and dropped that aspect of things.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That's because it didn't take a shit over any concepts in TF lore that I hold near and dear. There's a prior precedent for a TF afterlife, you see (the Well of All Sparks), and 'Robot Heaven' paralleled it fairly nicely.

TF1 featured a magic cube that could mass shift. Things were mystical from the very start.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Honestly - I thought it was contrived and silly.

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It wasn't as weird as the Harry Potter scene, that was kind of weird. I considered "robot heaven" to be more of a vision anyway.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The look was a bit weird. I'm sure the explanation is that it manifested itself based on Sam's concept of heaven, but given how we were told the Transformers had to look weird because they were aliens you'd expect something alien looking for robot heaven.

Doesn't really help that we get robot heaven in a film that playing the back from the dead card too often. Tough enough to get by with we bring back one character from the dead but Revenge of the Fallen brings back three main characters. Since they didn't stop to explain Decepticon clones some people might have even got confused to think Blackout was back.

Plus it kind of felt like something out of nowhere like the rail gun to fix some problem the story had gotten itself into. We can't kill the star of this film so lets not only bring him back from the dead but he gets the answers he needed from robot heaven.

12. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the scene and really had no problem with it. If anything it was a bit short.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sorry but the Robot Heaven scene was dumb. In the novelization, it made it clear that that Sam was just having a vision tapping into the Matrix. In the movie, it appeared that he died (HORRAY!) and went to Robot Heaven.

I don't have any issues with the concept itself. The mythology is a big aspect of what attracts me to the Transformers franchise. But Robot Heaven is for...ROBOTS, not some stammering idiot who just spent an hour running around the desert with his sex doll and a sock full of failure.

14. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    QFT.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with the concept, but the presentation of said concept failed on every level.

16. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, it doesn't necessarily have to be considered a robot heaven. It could be that since they sacrificed themselves to seal away the matrix of leadership, and their sparks combined. It could be that the spirit of their energon is still within the matrix. So, when sam died when he was holding the matrix, he was able to hear their voices...I dont know. Hard to explain how my mind processes it. Some of you might be like WHAAAT? but...can anyone get where im getting from?

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I guess nothing, really. It's nice to know that humans might get in.

But look around tho- not my idea of Paradise. But hey- if its something robots try to get to in life, then who am I to judge?

18. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    My dad was actually interested in that scene. He was asking me about the 7 primes and stuff :)  he's not into transformers as much as i am, but he thinks their cool movies. =D

19. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

I didn't have a problem with it...

In fact, I never really thought of it as 'heaven'. I just kinda thought of it as the original Primes appearing before Sam when he died.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The reason why I don't accept that Sam went into the Matrix was... that there was no Matrix. It was all just dust- blowing around. Disintegrated. Scattered.