Customs: What's on your "to do" list?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Aug 7, 2007.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have two such customs at the moment and they are cherished items amongst my collection. My personal theory is that if I see something that I love but know I cant come close to, I ask the original designer if they will make me one. If not, I think about if I can do it and if not I go to an 'expert'. There are alot around, and the ones I have dealt with I trust impecably, I wont pay for second rate work and there is damn good reasons I have gone back to them! I like doing my own repainting, but only my Sixshot would I consider really good. I like the others, but not on the level of these others that people do. I love my repaints, & anyone who wants to help me design a Alt Blurr is welcome. Already have Hotrod, Ultra Magnus, Springer and Arcee on way, and a good bloke is making me an awesome Galvatron. Not many movie '87 bots left to do. Just Blurr and Kup, but therer aren't any alt modes suitable for Kup. The GT in sky blue and orange with mirage reprolabels could make a cool Blurr I think with the right head ........ Hey Sculpt_bot, got a Blurr??????

JL

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ah man, where to start. There's still things from the Beast War days I need to finish up, or 'correct'

-Cobra Stikfa trooper bots. kind of like that movie I Robot, but cobra robo troopers.

-A bunch of Reprolabeling! (mainly the General Lee minicon and Classics Starscream)

- Need to paint one of the cannons on my Scattorshot Megatron so they'll match

-Finishing up on Real Gears Viewfinder(Reflector) , made from Spy Shot6

- Have 2 movie Megtrons I need to paint. The FAB version is halfway there, still biting my nails on the Leader version. Afraid to start on it just yet

- Need an Alpha Trion and the 7 main seekers from the Classics jets. About to do Dirge

- I want to make a Liokaiser like Wheeljaxx made so bad!!

- Make a Mastergrade Gundam Prime

- Make the crashed Arc site. Probably from fused together GI Joe bases. Need it to combine up with Fort Max , Metroplex & Omega Supreme.

- Finish G1 Seaspray from Cybertron Shortround

*uhhh, ehh, will edit later*

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ah man, where to start. There's still things from the Beast War days I need to finish up, or 'correct'

-Cobra Stikfa trooper bots. kind of like that movie I Robot, but cobra robo troopers.

-A bunch of Reprolabeling! (mainly the General Lee minicon and Classics Starscream)

- Need to paint one of the cannons on my Scattorshot Megatron so they'll match

-Finishing up on Real Gears Viewfinder(Reflector) , made from Spy Shot6

- Have 2 movie Megtrons I need to paint. The FAB version is halfway there, still biting my nails on the Leader version. Afraid to start on it just yet

- Need an Alpha Trion and the 7 main seekers from the Classics jets. About to do Dirge

- I want to make a Liokaiser like Wheeljaxx made so bad!!

- Make a Mastergrade Gundam Prime

- Make the crashed Arc site. Probably from fused together GI Joe bases. Need it to combine up with Fort Max , Metroplex & Omega Supreme.

- Finish G1 Seaspray from Cybertron Shortround

*uhhh, ehh, will edit later*

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a lot. I have ADD, so I'm onto like two more before I finish one. Here goes-
    Classics Ironhide and Ratchet (NOT just a Tow-Line repaint, very excited about how these are turning out)
    Classics Blitzwing (From Starscream and Movie Brawl)
    Classics Constructicons (which reminds me, anyone got a Cyb. Landfill they wanna sell/trade? PM me)
    Classics Soundwave (From Titanium Soundwave)
    Classics Blaster (Same, just with different head)
    Classics Swoop (from E. Swoop)
    Classics Inferno (from E. Inferno)
    Combaticons (Strongarm [Swindle], Onslaught [E. Barricade], Blast-off [Classics Astrotrain], Brawl [movie brawl w/ diff. head])
    Classics Perceptor (keeping the recipe a secret 'til it's done, NOT a signal-flare repaint)
    Springer-Bulkhead w/ Alt. Tracks head
    Classics Anime-style Optimus (Oversized RM Optimus knockoff)
    Classics Reflector-(PAIN IN THE ASS. Using a REflector knockoff that I am repainting/modifying for poseability. Trying to mak ethem as too-accurate as I can)

---->I think that's enough. These are all actually like 50% done, just as I said, I have ADD and take forever to actually FINISH, so that's why I post nothing.
    -D

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a lot. I have ADD, so I'm onto like two more before I finish one. Here goes-
    Classics Ironhide and Ratchet (NOT just a Tow-Line repaint, very excited about how these are turning out)
    Classics Blitzwing (From Starscream and Movie Brawl)
    Classics Constructicons (which reminds me, anyone got a Cyb. Landfill they wanna sell/trade? PM me)
    Classics Soundwave (From Titanium Soundwave)
    Classics Blaster (Same, just with different head)
    Classics Swoop (from E. Swoop)
    Classics Inferno (from E. Inferno)
    Combaticons (Strongarm [Swindle], Onslaught [E. Barricade], Blast-off [Classics Astrotrain], Brawl [movie brawl w/ diff. head])
    Classics Perceptor (keeping the recipe a secret 'til it's done, NOT a signal-flare repaint)
    Springer-Bulkhead w/ Alt. Tracks head
    Classics Anime-style Optimus (Oversized RM Optimus knockoff)
    Classics Reflector-(PAIN IN THE ASS. Using a REflector knockoff that I am repainting/modifying for poseability. Trying to mak ethem as too-accurate as I can)

---->I think that's enough. These are all actually like 50% done, just as I said, I have ADD and take forever to actually FINISH, so that's why I post nothing.
    -D

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You would be my hero if you did this, as it would be a huge help with my main project.

- Battle Damaged Alt Windcharger

And a minor one:-
    - Finish off mods to Legends Movie BB.

Repairs/Restoration:-
    - G1 Trypticon needs Repairs and restoration, mostly, repair left side green bar.
    - BT Prowl needs a head and spoiler repairs. (Bought as a junker, may just bin)
    - G1 Jetfire, complete junker unrepairable, using parts to restore another junker.
    - G1 Shrapnel, needs a new yellow leg piece on the right side.

Repaints:-
    - Cybertron Sideways into G1 Ratbat

Repaint, sculpting, etc:-
    - KO RM Starscream into a wrecked seeker diorama base.

I got a fair bit to do.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You would be my hero if you did this, as it would be a huge help with my main project.

- Battle Damaged Alt Windcharger

And a minor one:-
    - Finish off mods to Legends Movie BB.

Repairs/Restoration:-
    - G1 Trypticon needs Repairs and restoration, mostly, repair left side green bar.
    - BT Prowl needs a head and spoiler repairs. (Bought as a junker, may just bin)
    - G1 Jetfire, complete junker unrepairable, using parts to restore another junker.
    - G1 Shrapnel, needs a new yellow leg piece on the right side.

Repaints:-
    - Cybertron Sideways into G1 Ratbat

Repaint, sculpting, etc:-
    - KO RM Starscream into a wrecked seeker diorama base.

I got a fair bit to do.

8. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Just getting started on customs myself, but the plan so far:

-Classics Stunticons
    -Classics Darkwing (to match Botcon Dreadwind)
    -Classics Ruckus (from the upcoming Sector 7 dune buggy vehicle type)
    -Classics Beachcomber (same)
    -Classics Crankcase (unsure of mold, this one's on backburner)
    -Classics Blast Off (trying to track down molds for the others)

-Alternators Trailbreaker
    -Alternators Hoist
    -Alternators Ratchet
    -Alternators Ironhide
    -Binaltech Nightbeat

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the upcoming S7 buggy mold would be PERFECT for Ruckus...it even has two cannons just like the old toy.

Now the only problem is, I don't think a flesh colored Decepticon would look all that great these days, perhaps using a silver or ashen grey as an alternative?? Something to match the deep purple, neon green and black colors that comprise the remainder of the old figure... Ah, it'll be nice to have one of my old favorites back in action again.

Oh, and Classics Liokaiser too, heh. :D 

-Pit-

9. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Just getting started on customs myself, but the plan so far:

-Classics Stunticons
    -Classics Darkwing (to match Botcon Dreadwind)
    -Classics Ruckus (from the upcoming Sector 7 dune buggy vehicle type)
    -Classics Beachcomber (same)
    -Classics Crankcase (unsure of mold, this one's on backburner)
    -Classics Blast Off (trying to track down molds for the others)

-Alternators Trailbreaker
    -Alternators Hoist
    -Alternators Ratchet
    -Alternators Ironhide
    -Binaltech Nightbeat

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the upcoming S7 buggy mold would be PERFECT for Ruckus...it even has two cannons just like the old toy.

Now the only problem is, I don't think a flesh colored Decepticon would look all that great these days, perhaps using a silver or ashen grey as an alternative?? Something to match the deep purple, neon green and black colors that comprise the remainder of the old figure... Ah, it'll be nice to have one of my old favorites back in action again.

Oh, and Classics Liokaiser too, heh. :D 

-Pit-

10. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well lets see

Reshell Sideswipe into a hemi cuda- 90% completed

Repainting yellowed G1 Jetfire into Evil Jetfire- 10%

Creating an Action Master figure out of one of the baddest asses in TF history- 30%
    Kitbashing a G1 Nightbeat into a new character - 20%

Repainting a G1 Pointblank into a new character- 10%

and a very secret kitbash of one of my fav's that deserves an update -30%

Now I'm off to get things done!

11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well lets see

Reshell Sideswipe into a hemi cuda- 90% completed

Repainting yellowed G1 Jetfire into Evil Jetfire- 10%

Creating an Action Master figure out of one of the baddest asses in TF history- 30%
    Kitbashing a G1 Nightbeat into a new character - 20%

Repainting a G1 Pointblank into a new character- 10%

and a very secret kitbash of one of my fav's that deserves an update -30%

Now I'm off to get things done!

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that my Reprolabelled 'street' Silverstreak has just rolled out of the Plant, Classics Thundercracker will be next to undergo treatment, though he might get bumped if I continue having difficulties finding a Starscream. I'm considering a Classics Joyride (repaint of Mirage). I'm toying with the idea of a kitbash but I need something to inspire me.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that my Reprolabelled 'street' Silverstreak has just rolled out of the Plant, Classics Thundercracker will be next to undergo treatment, though he might get bumped if I continue having difficulties finding a Starscream. I'm considering a Classics Joyride (repaint of Mirage). I'm toying with the idea of a kitbash but I need something to inspire me.

14. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Most of them are in the idea stage, but I've got a few in the pre-production as well:

TF related -

Gonna make an alt scale Ironhide out of a Hummer model kit I grabbed, seemed the right kind of vehicle for him. Still cobbling his parts together, but he'll be transforming G1 cartoon accurate.

Want to make an MP Bumblebee like this one, although my plans are a little different.

Re-shell an alt Ricochet into a G1 Jazz.

Paint the rollbar I got a few weeks back into a Hound, and cobble together some custom weapons and shit - still need a hound head though.

Still wanna get a couple of the movie figures and fix them up too, but having trouble finding them lately, and when I could have gotten them last month when they were all over, I just didn't. Me am fail.

And the big one on the backburner, I want to make a cartoon accurate Devastator, which may or may not transform, with 1/24 scale vehicles as the base. This one is gonna take a while I can tell though, finding all the vehicles for it, so far haven't had the best of luck/not willing to pay 30 dollars for an effin model of a tractor, yeah?

Non-TF related I want to build/sculpt an Iron Giant figure with all kinds of detail, gonna do a 1/6th scale Grifter custom figure, AND going to try and sculpt a Monarch figure sometime before the end of the year too.

15. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Most of them are in the idea stage, but I've got a few in the pre-production as well:

TF related -

Gonna make an alt scale Ironhide out of a Hummer model kit I grabbed, seemed the right kind of vehicle for him. Still cobbling his parts together, but he'll be transforming G1 cartoon accurate.

Want to make an MP Bumblebee like this one, although my plans are a little different.

Re-shell an alt Ricochet into a G1 Jazz.

Paint the rollbar I got a few weeks back into a Hound, and cobble together some custom weapons and shit - still need a hound head though.

Still wanna get a couple of the movie figures and fix them up too, but having trouble finding them lately, and when I could have gotten them last month when they were all over, I just didn't. Me am fail.

And the big one on the backburner, I want to make a cartoon accurate Devastator, which may or may not transform, with 1/24 scale vehicles as the base. This one is gonna take a while I can tell though, finding all the vehicles for it, so far haven't had the best of luck/not willing to pay 30 dollars for an effin model of a tractor, yeah?

Non-TF related I want to build/sculpt an Iron Giant figure with all kinds of detail, gonna do a 1/6th scale Grifter custom figure, AND going to try and sculpt a Monarch figure sometime before the end of the year too.

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    My project list just went up to 16 yesterday. This is getting rediculous. Every time I plan a project out, it branches into like 3 more. And every time I look at old G1 photos of toys and the cartoon, I get another idea.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    My project list just went up to 16 yesterday. This is getting rediculous. Every time I plan a project out, it branches into like 3 more. And every time I look at old G1 photos of toys and the cartoon, I get another idea.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The funny thing is that my list recently went down by three. I've decided to scrap the Insecticon kitbashes that I was going to do, and just get the Animated ones. I currently have 4 projects going on-

-Classics Overlord- from Energon Galvatron.
    -Classics Alpha Trion- from Cybertron Vector Prime (this one might change).
    -Classics Betta Maxx- from Cybertron Safeguard (this also might change)
    -Classics Sigma- currently plan to use Classics Sunstreaker, but, this could change.

I've still got to get some sort of booth made to take pictures of the kitbashes that I've already completed (Classics versions of Shockwave, Tracks, Perceptor, and Bludgeon).

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The funny thing is that my list recently went down by three. I've decided to scrap the Insecticon kitbashes that I was going to do, and just get the Animated ones. I currently have 4 projects going on-

-Classics Overlord- from Energon Galvatron.
    -Classics Alpha Trion- from Cybertron Vector Prime (this one might change).
    -Classics Betta Maxx- from Cybertron Safeguard (this also might change)
    -Classics Sigma- currently plan to use Classics Sunstreaker, but, this could change.

I've still got to get some sort of booth made to take pictures of the kitbashes that I've already completed (Classics versions of Shockwave, Tracks, Perceptor, and Bludgeon).

20. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I have been making heads for MP lady-bots for a couple years in secret. I have not been happy with any of them yet. Elita and Airazor look the best so far. But I want to make them all. I just started building the chest plate and arms for Arcee using other transformers transformations as patterns.