What's next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    This has bothered me for some time now, I'm 23 and been into TFs for a long time. I'm happy collecting TFs, especially since they did the Classics style figs and all. But a while ago I started thinking "what's next?" and "where does this go?"

I don't quite get why I'm asking myself this, maybe it's just nature of man to question order. I just don't see what'll happen next, will I eventually quit collecting? Will I keep on collecting until the day I die? Will I be a 70 year old man collecting the latest Transformers while taking my grand kids out for ice cream?

I don't know where this will go or why it bothers me so much. Has this thought ever occurred to any of you collectors?

I don't know where it's taking me but I'm hoping it'll somehow bring me closer to my kids, when I have them. Maybe they'll inherit my collection. Who knows?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only thing I really question is what cool surprises await us in this wonderful world of Autobots vs. Decepticons :) 

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You're gonna have kids? Lame. They take away precious money that could be spent on delicious plastic crack.

4. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    nope...I look at this way..when i get tired of it (tranformers collecting) then i will stop collecting them...there is too much BS and drama in the normal day for me to worry about when i will stop collecting...I have taken breaks from time to time...but have never done a mass liquidation that tons of folks here have done...

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I may not collect forever but in the end any given person will do what they do until they don't so there is no real reason to fret the small stuff. I can see why it would be a big question though since it's an extension of "whats going to happen to me later in life?" which is a question most everyone asks themselves at least once.

I for one am looking forward to the awkward conversation with family freinds as to why I have a bigger toy room than my children (whenever I end up having any >.>) I can picture it now...

Neighbor talking to me- "So what do you do in your free time?"
    kid interrupting - "Daddy plays with lots of toys but he keeps them in a special room behind glass and we only get to looks at the ones he says is "rare"".
    me- :redface2: 

(I should mention that I would still buy my kids plenty of whatever toy it is they're interested in.)

6. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I'll probably collect until a) I die, b) financial reasons inhibit my spending, c) I lose interest, or d) Hasbro stops making Transformers (god forbid).

7. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    when i get bored with a hobby, i just stop, that's it. that's what happened with my diecast car collection. sold most of them. with my tf collection though, i'm having much more fun, so i guess it would be more long-term than my other previous hobbies.

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Good answers. Feeling a lot better.

My plan is to give them to my kids, when I have them. Maybe collect the occasional fig along with them. Though I'd love to have my kids with their own collections and me still with mine.

9. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    my kids have got a deal of my collection over the years. i hope i am 90 and jamming out on a g1 game taking my glaucoma meds in the retirement home:dunce 

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Do you eat your toys or something?