whats next from generations/RTS line...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trex5000, Apr 4, 2011.

1. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    just wondering if anyone heard of whats coming next in generations..or RTS? i know Prime toys are coming out, but i think it was confirmed they would be a seperate ident, like animated....any other news out there regarding it?

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Wrong forum, this will get moved. Anyway RTS is done. Prime is coming as it's own line in October. The Generations listings for Starscream and Arcee were the Prime figures. So who knows.

3. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    oh my bad i meant to put this into toys...could someone with the magic powers move this over thanks

4. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    RTS isn't done yet. Demolition Rumble still has to be released. And then the obvious repaint. But they could be released as Generations figure, I suppose...

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Hasbro plans for Generations to continue through the DOTM line with those repaints/remolds teased with the instructions of previous Generations figures. RTS will be canned after the movie toys come out, I'll assume.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking when Hasbro decided to make Prime it's own line sooner it robbed Generations of 2-3 waves. RTS is the NEST alliance of the yellow box movie line.

Oh it's done alright. Rumble is the second wave of scouts. And that's it, 2 waves at every size class There is no rumblings of anything else. That obvious repaint is not happening right now.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Repaints and retools. We had quite a few new molds, time to reuse them.

8. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

So is this official that generations is done.

9. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Obviously, things can change, but it was my understanding that Hasbro was planning on keeping Generations going regardless of movie or Prime toys. We will probably get re-confirmation of this at Botcon.

10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

What ever happened to that "Big Daddy" repaint of Scout Hubcap? I've seen MOSC pics somewhere floating around, so is it coming out with the DOTM toys?

11. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:

Walmart listings of Prime toys in Generations shows plans have changed. Since nothing after Warpath has shown and no pre-orders are out, I assume there will be at least a short 'hiatus' of new product for Generations. However there are the planned repaints/remolds like Reflector, Black Shadow and more Junkions that I'm sure will be sold in some manner at some time eventually... but exactly when, in what packaging and under what name remains to be seen.

That one and the Bodyblock repaint of Breacher "should" be in wave 2 scouts of RTS along with Rumble. But since there's been no further news on them, and no place has put up pre-orders and time's running out before the mid-May launch of DOTM... I'd assume they're "cancelled"/put on hold, perhaps destined for a release in different packaging under a different line or shunted off to Big Lots/TJ Maxx/etc. or something.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon will answer this question I'm sure you'll have to wait until then.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the answer will come before then if all these lines get clearanced before DOTM launches

14. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sigh:thumbdown  if it does come to that it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I never did find the walmart universe ultras, I tried every ross,tj max, and marshalls in my area with no luck.