What's it worth? MIB ununsed G1 Overlord

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by linthart, Feb 8, 2009.

1. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi guys,

So i'm after a little bit of a price check on my G1 MIB unused Takara Masterforce Overlord.

It's currently sitting in storage so no photo's unfortunately but should my cash situation continue to be as horrid as it is, heaven forbid who knows where it might end up if you catch my drift. Let's not jump to conclusions though as it is a prize piece of mine.

The box itself is a 7-8. a great front and back but one of the sides above a corner has been better days.

It has never been removed from the box.
    Not even the styro cross bar has been removed once.
    The styro is in dead perfect condition.

The sticker sheet, manual ect it dead flat and never from the baggie.

Missiles on the tree etc.
    Basically its very pretty and i hope to god i never have to sell it but its better than having to let go of my Maximus trio.

Ebay prices are all over the shop from scalpers with items in a similar condition being offered at almost $1000. Mind you they've been sitting there for a very long time so its time to be a little more realistic.

Cheers

Lint

2. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just looked him up,hes a Takara Masterforce design that Hasbro Europe reissued in 91. I think it would depend on which country he's from and what country you sold him in. ie: if hes the Australian version and you sold him here he wouldn't fetch much as TFs from the 90s are not valued highly, but if hes Japanies and you sold him in America, where hes never been sold you would get top dollar. I've never looked into him so I couldn't give you a $ amount.

3. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah excuse me for not being more specific, he is the original Japanese version. Takara D-307 from 1988.

But yes he would be coming from Australia but he was originally imported by me from japan directly.

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I'd say he's worth about $500-$600.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^ ha! paladine's avatar; how ironic to the discussion.

6. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say fitting more than ironic. 500 - 600 seems pretty good. i think i was hoping to hear just a little more than that but i guess its only worth what people are willing to pay

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I've seen MIB Japanese Overlords going for 300-400. Loose/complete, 200-300.

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Naw that's pretty lowball if you ask me. Paladine said what I would say, hell if you wanted too and were patient enough I'd imagine you could probably even get $700-800 if its as mint and unused as you say it is.

9. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now that's what i wanted to hear :D  think i'll have to try and get to it so i can take some photo's later in the week for some more accurate opinions

10. Paladine

If you feel like becoming my instant hero, you can open up the unused sticker sheet and take a high resolution (300 DPI or higher) scan of it for me :drool: 

11. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd actually be more than happy to if it wasn't teeter tottering on if i should sell or not. i figure it would degrade its value that tiny bit if i pulled it out.

what can you do with it? can you reproduce it? wouldn't the cut lines be a nightmate?

12. Paladine

I bought a MIB Overlord, but the sticker sheet was missing. It's darn near impossible to find a set, so I keep searching for somebody who does have one, like yourself!

My goal would be to reproduce a set of stickers, yes. It shouldn't be too hard given a good, high quality scan.

13. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But wouldn't it just be easier to get one from reprolabels for OMG they don't have him.
    i now officially understand.

14. Paladine

Exactly :thumb 

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I paid more then 500-600 for unused MIB Overlord,
    But I really really wanted him like that so I maybe I overpaid but to me he was well worth it.

16. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah aprim buddy how're sales?
    i get worried everytime i see you with a sale thread that you're killing off too many gems of your very impressive collection. I'm keeping you Gand max safe i assure you ;-)

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Last year, I could have bought a complete MIB Overlord in tip top shape for $255 plus shipping. And I've seen another one in the same condition for $290 not that long ago. It can be done, you just need to be patient and unwilling to throw your money out the window to jump on the first one you see just because you want it now. But yes, an unsuspecting buyer might be willing to spend 700-800 on one.

18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still have some Gems, the Grand is the Only thing I really regret selling :(  give it back.

19. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I've seen $300-$400 couple times

And I remember one member bought a mib one for like $200-$300, however the overlord was yellowed.

20. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    evidently the very reason i'm inquiring about overlords price, so i don't have to sell grand. my credit card is still trying to teach me a lesson.

Hey i know i've asked you this a million times before but i didn't get a response to my last one but did you ever find cogs laser? i cant even get a repro one after all this time. tried so many times.

back to topic now :)