What's it worth? Energon Black Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Demonss, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a black energon unicron that I'm considering selling (because I snagged an orange one and frankly don't have room for 2, actually this is the 3rd I've got now since I have one sitting around for a custom, not devastator..).

When I bought him he was not complete.
    I had to buy the wings, the connectors, 6 missiles, and the side skirts (he only came with one).

He did come with his chest missile and his mincons.

The thing is due to the availability of him, I picked up the orange unicron accessories..

So he's complete, but his 6x missiles, planet rings rings (and all connector parts associated with them), and the two side skirts are all from the orange release.
    Spare I've got one side skirt.

Is it worth considering selling? Or since he's not a TRULY a COMPLETE emocron, should I just keep it as the value will take a dive too much?

How badly

2. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Finding Black Unicron on Ebay isn't that common really.

3. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yeah I've noticed that.
    I just don't want the fact that he's missing the actual black unicron parts to put him at the level of the orange unicrons with missing accessories selling for like $10 or less. :) 

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    What did you pay to put him together?

5. Demonss

News Credits:
    Couldn't 100% tell you anymore to be honest.
    It's been a while..
    If I had to guess I probably spent about $20-25ish for all the parts? Maybe less I can't remember.

I've got no clue what I paid for the body portion with dead end.. But I remember it looking like a good deal at the time..
    Of course I was less aware of the cost of accessories back when I bought him.. :p 

That being said, I'm not terribly concerned about what I'd get for him now vs what I paid (as the price paid was a year or two ago and forgotten now). I'm just more interested to see what a good estimate for his value in the condition listed would be to determine if I would like to list him as such here on TFW or gamble on ebay, or if I'd just rather keep him for his price. :) 

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really regret not buying out TRU's supply of black and regular Unicrons when they had them at the front door in a clearance bin for $5 all those years ago. They STILL sat there for a couple weeks...

7. Demonss

News Credits:
    That was my thought too back when the orange ones were clearanced like that..

In fact.. I remember looking at the unicron toy when I first saw it and not really liking it for whatever reason..

Now I think he's pretty great!
    I thought he was pretty great by the time my local TRU decided to put the ones they had remaining on the shelf (about a year ago) but forgot they ever clearanced them.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

edit. Sell it for parts if they dont match.

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so youre trying to sell a black unicron with some orange unicron parts?

10 bucks if that. sounds like for parts mostly.

if ppl want a black unicron they would just look for a complete one.

10. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yeah see that's what's sitting in the back of my head..
    He's a complete unicron, just not with all the exact matching parts..
    So it'd be more worth my while to just leave him in my collection and enjoy him as is.

Also I know I could do better than 10 parts as the orange unicron parts alone could fetch $20+ based on what I see online.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I have no regrets. I bought 4 of them on clearance, although I only have one left now. Got some good trades out of them. And I would have bought more of them if I'd had the money at the time. Just how often do you find a $50 toy of a TF iconic character for $5?

I also noticed from one of the ones I didn't buy that someone had returned a repackaged Armada Unicron in the box. I thought, sheesh...what a waste of effort when they're so cheap on clearance you can buy one for pocket change.

12. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

You could get the paints out and make your own version of Unicron. Customs really go up in value. You'd just need pataience and SOME skill. You don't have be a pro.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's the stupid part. If you try to sell what you have since it's not complete you might get $10-$20 for it. But, if you just put up the minicon Dead End for sale you might get $10-$20. He's the earth after all. Maybe more if you hit upon a minicon collector although that's probably died down.

14. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I collect legends and minicons Thank You very much. But... I'm too young to do Ebay

15. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holey Smoley! Maybe you might be able to get more then $20 if complete MISB ones are going for $90.

Black Unicron w/Dead End Transformers Energon Sealed - eBay (item 220750661892 end time Mar-13-11 19:24:05 PDT)

Unicron MISB Energon Transformers FREE SHIP - eBay (item 140524330169 end time Mar-17-11 20:22:24 PDT)

Transformers Armada Unicron Parts Lot - Buy One or All! - eBay (item 310303262298 end time Mar-19-11 17:44:15 PDT)

There a difference between collecting minicons and being a minicon collectors. The difference being about $40/minicon.

16. ttmreaper

ttmreaper grim(lock)reaper

please help i have an armada unicron the orange version and he is missing parts if any one know were i can get them please tell me thanks

17. Demonss

News Credits:
    eBay or the junkion exchange are good places to start.