What's is your most over-rated TF toy in your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jul 11, 2009.

1. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    ani voy prime, i think the activators robot mode looks 5 times better its just the vehicle mode thats bad

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    ROTF Ransack. Shit pops apart if I look at it. Sweet alt mode though.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Classics Devastator.

AHHH I wanna punch it in its face!

4. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Optimus Prime. It's a VERY good toy, but it isn't the OMGBESTTOYEVERHOLYSHIT that people have been saying it is.

07 Bumblebee is meh too.

5. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Supreme Class Cybertron Starscream
    Supreme Class Animted Optimus Prime

So far, the two of these "Supreme" figures I've found to be lacking. Starscream mostly, but both are pretty much over-priced, Super-sized Voyager Class figures w/ electronic lights & sound effects... (OK, Prime's got his spinning transformation gimmick, so that redeems him a little bit)

6. Skyswipe

Skyswipe Favorite store on Citadel

Erm...I guess it's animated Lockdown for me. I'm not fond of his robot mode, his legs are rather flimsy yet everyone says the robot mode is the best of deluxes. I like the Vehicle mode though, it's frigging awesome.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing. MP Megatron is probably one of the most involved pieces of TF engineering I've ever encountered. Sure he's a little skinny and such, but to get that detailed of a robot to TF into a pistol is astounding, imo.

As far as over-rated TFs, I only really buy TFs that I really like, so there's really not much that I'd say is over-rated in my collection.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Animated Voyager Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    classics seeker mold. seriously why do so many love that mold? I think its very meh. I mean I still want the Classics 2.0 Screamer for G1 sake and id buy a Dirge in a heart beat but the mold is still meh.

wut?

10. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In My Collection
    ============
    -Armada Optimus Prime: BRICK!!! Ok the trailer I can understand being a brick with a semi poseable Optimus Prime. But I should have suspected a even bigger BRICK from a brick in super mode being the legs came form the trailer.

-RID Ultra Magnus: The reason it truly existed was to form with Optimus Prime. It's skinny skeletal frame just left more to be desired in a figure. I don't think I hardly ever had him in it's own robot or alt mode. I just had him already to go to form Super Optimus.

-Energon Hotshot: Small Brick with little to no poseability. The combining gimmick really fubar-ed this line but especially this fig.

Ones people have touched on
    ======================
    -Ani Blitzwing: Yeah he is great as a standing representation but really flawed in the area of the shoulder cannons not being able to fold over the shoulder. And the loose plane mode.

-Masterpiece Prime: Like said before great bot mode and alt mode but the weight and weak support makes it a inner battle to fully love this fig. You can't really pose him beyond stand straight up and down. And he cannot grip his rifle correctly. That is a G1 aspect they could have kept out of the MP design. :tongue: 

-Universe Galvatron: Purposely gave it away to a kid I knew wouldn't take care of it. Good Riddance.

11. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

G2 Laser Prime. Yes, he's mega-articulated for G1/2. But he falls on his ass all the time, cause he's back-heavy, and his all-grey chest and "OPTIMUS PRIME!!" deco are made of suck.

(However, one repaint and some repro stickers later, I can say I only hate Laser Prime half as much!)

12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated Shockwave. Sure, it's great, but I don't feel that it's as great as everyone else says that he is, which is funny because I spent months looking for him.

13. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe Unicron
    TFTM 07 Starscream mold all of them (Thundercracker, Ramjet, Skywarp, G1 deco SS)
    can't touch it with out all the missiles flying everywhere.
    Ultimate BB love the figure but it's meh!

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree that mold is overrated. When I picked him up, I was not really impressed. Its a passable toy but nothing to shout about.

Same here. I think it was just the movie hype about the toy.

Good grief. I so totally forgot about him which means for me its a toss-up between Predaking and him. I'm still trying to erase him from my memory! LOL!

Yeah, I took out my Oredaking a few days back and I tried fiddling with him and if he wasn't the biggest combiner, I would pass on him. Big, cumbersome. Pffttt...most overrated G1 TF for me - in terms of vintage and reissue. Thank goodness I got rid of my spare set.

The Unicron mode is indeed a massive disappointment. Robot mode feels flimsy with the er, wings and not. If he didn't play a big role in the original movie, I would have passed up on him.

I can understand some of the grips of the Universe toys. My only grip with them is some of them lack weapons! For example, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Hound have no handgun! What the?!

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Henkei Hotshot. I don't get the hype over that one. I just picked it up cause I needed a fix, and thought it might grow on me. After watching a few episodes of Armada, I can see the "fan favorite" aspect, but he's just kinda "ok" to me.

16. MF Hectoor

MF Hectoor Member

encore starscream, but never had him so it's still cool

17. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have to say Animated Shockwave, I bought it on impulse and although I don't regret it at all ( I actually like it quite a bit) I just think people give him a little too much credit.

18. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Concept Camaro BB from the first movie, or Animated Shockwave. Both cool, but not as cool as they were made out to be.

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

MP Megatron.
    I appreciate the work that went into upgrading the G1 design but the whole thing feels far too flimsy in places and it isn't exactly stable in robot mode due to the oversized fusion cannon.

20. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    THESE are overrated? I see nothing but hate for these figs