What's impressive in your collection?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Brandon, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm sure this has happened to other people here and its been happening a lot to me lately, when friends and otherwise come by and see your collection on display, and they see something that totally impresses them or think that it's wicked cool. For me, it seems people seem most impressed with two items, my Cybertron Optimus Prime, they always think he's one the coolest things I own and people all seem to have the same reaction, "Whoa, that's awesome!". The same also goes for my ML Angel which I have displayed on a wall so he looks like he's flying.

So what items in your collection do people find the most interesting or cool? :rock 

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

3 items at my collection:

G1 Omega upreme
    G1 Jetfire
    G1 Shockwave

3. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My friends like this one:

[​IMG]

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    MP Optimus Prime w/ trailer.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well the G1 vintage Tfs are cool , but the 18 inche movie figs get their share attention to and the same with the Kotobukiya SW figs. Although the fig that most ppl recognice are my Nazgul Witch King statue from Sideshow..is there anyone that dosent know what a Nazgul are these days ;) 

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The fact that I manage to keep adding to it with ever-dwindling finances and terrible saturation rates.

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

My friends seem to enjoy my Armada Unicron the most.

Nobody ever comments on specific figures or displays in my collection, but if I turn my back for one second with a friend in the room, Unicron is now giving me the finger...

*sigh*

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

PVC Panties, lots and lots of PVC Panties.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dust.

Loads of it.

I defy you all to beat my dust collection.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The only toy I have heard people really comment on is my G1 Predaking. Even my uncle who hates this kinda of stuff admitted it was cool.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    CMs Genesic Gaogaigar
    "The shelf", an area of my room where I stood a whole bunch of my original TFs. Citybots, mostly. I think the relative central location and the fact all the big guys tower over the rest of the smaller ones I stood around them helps.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Most people aren't impressed by any one thing, but by the sheer volume of stuff. The spare bedroom is overflowing with 20 different lines of stuff, dominated by SW, TFs and GIJoe. They wonder how the hell I managed to accumulate/afford all this crap while putting myself through school and paying the bills. And...I don't really have an answer.

If there's one thing of late that everybody wants to mess with though, it's the Vader FX lightsaber. If there's a person under 35, collector or not, who isn't impressed by those, they have no soul.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since the theme of this thread seems to be "What's impressive to other people, i.e., non-collectors", I'd have to say the portion of my collection that I have at work. I have 20th OP and all the Alts on my desk at work. (It's a big desk.) In addition, I have several Energon toys, re-ish Soundwave, Shackwave, and a smattering of non-TF toys on a bookshelf. Most people who see it for the first time say, "Wow, you have a huge collection," assuming that they're seeing the whole thing. I then tell them they're seeing much less than 10%. :D 

Also, well over half the folks in their 20s to 40s are just sure that the Alts and 20th OP (and in some cases the Energon figs, too) are "the original ones". :rolleyes: 

And most are surprised to learn that TFs are still being produced. :( 

As far as what would be impressive to other TF collectors, it would probably be things like TF:E Magnus (unless the collector is from the UK) or my complete, oh-so-close-to-mint Diaclone Stingray. :thumbs2: 

14. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I'd say my vintage MIB(SB)/MOSC G1 collection. It's not any one in particular, but all of them as a whole. After that, attention falls onto my ALTs and BTs.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    With my collection it's usually the sheer volume. Though I have a lot of Hot Wheel collector friends that draw themselves straight to all the Spychangers :lol 

16. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I think with me it's also the sheer volume. ALthough people do like my Batman/Superman Animated diarama with Wayne Manor and most of the Villians released in both lines. Also, what most people really go nuts over, is the life size Daffy Duck I have at the base of my stairs. It was a display piece at the old Warner Brother's Studio Store.

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    What impresses others about my collection is my wall in the computer room. Shelves with toys like crazy. Individual pieces that catch the non-collectors eye are my Korean Brave Max, and the bookend Armada Optimus Primes in both colors. What catches the collector's eye are the BWII Megatron, X-9 Ravage, Takara Reissues, and Tripredicus.

18. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think most people are first amazed by the size, then head straight for the US G1, cause that's what they remember. Pretty much the reaction is the same, most people grab the one they remember most as a kid and say "Wow, I had this as a kid" and have a good story or memory to talk about regarding that figure. I actually think that is impressive.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

The MLs I have. The 2 Sentinels especially get a lot of lovin'

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They all go after MP Prime and go "Whoah".
    Then show em the G1's and they're like "Holy Sh!t"

They just kind of look across everything else with the occasional "Dude, what's this?"

Then they usually leave the room playing with an FX Lightsaber showing it to whoevers in the next room who's playing on my other 60" toy with the video game consoles hooked up too it hehe

So far, the 360 is like a magnet.Even have people over that I normally dont hang out with are all over it.