What's Hasbro's problem???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I finally got to see comparison pics of the Death Star,Primus & Unicron.

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19258&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=

What do you think about that? Unicron & the Death Star are both Supreme class & both are $49.99. Darth Vader is as tall as Unicron's hips. How does it make you feel to see Hasbro packing a small figure in a large box with 50% dead space & charging the same price as figure twice as big? For years the deluxe class has stayed the same, the figures are pretty much the same size & they're always $9.99. If Hasbro can keep the deluxe class stable at the same size & same price, What the hell are they pulling with the larger figures?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Isn't this really more of a Star Wars collector's problem?

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's a Star Wars Transformer, so I guess it's our problem, too.

If you look, I think it was KA that posted it along side Leader Megs and Vader is larger than that... If you don't like the price, wait for it to go on clearance. It WILL go on clearance.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that it's because it probably took more enginearing to acomplish. Also, it's just a toy, life will continue to go on. The only one out of those three that I'm actually disapointed in is Primus. I was hoping that he would be the same size as Unicron. This way they could more easily be seen as "twin brothers" (my favorite description of the 2 of them). Like I said, in the end, it doesn't really matter, as they are just toys, and nothing more.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm with you, the problem is that it is a cool figure, and both TF's collectors and Star Wars collectors will create a high demand, and much of them will pay the price, as high as it is. DV should be leader, not supreme.

Also think of the extras: the tie fighters, the stromtroopers and the small Vader. They don't come for free

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    HTS still has them. Use the code 25FALL for 25% off and free shipping.

Less than leader price, AND you get a free Princess Leia figure ($9.99 according to HTS website)

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with Hasbro and/or HasbroToyShop.com. Even if I was, at this point I'd be embarassed to admit it.

7. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Licensing. Star Wars. Licensing.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe SWTFs are ~$15 for a figure of similar size, with arguably worse plastic, QC and lower complexity compared to a standard Deluxe TF (IMO), so I'd wager there's something inherent to the SWTF line bringing their price up compared to standard TF figures. If I had to guess, probably some of that increased expense comes from the extra money Hasbro needs to shell out for the Star Wars license. Factor in that, all the accessories Vader comes with (cape, sword, gun, pilots, vehicles), the inexplicably huge box and the general size of the toy (he's actually up to Unicron's chest, I'd say) and that would explain much of the price increase.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess the cost of the Star Wars license might be best illustrated by looking at the two or more dollar price difference between a single Star Wars action figure and an equal-or-better (in simple action figure terms) G.I.Joe single figure

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    *In Ivan Drago's spokesman voice:

"It is simple, whatever Lucas licensing costs hits, it destroys!*

Or in this case, increases the price. The licensing price is the same reason the basic Star Wars figures went up in price in recent years, especially this year. Since Hasbro owns the Transformers franchise, they can charge less. However they do not own Star Wars, only a license, so they have to pay license fees to Lucas.

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I noticed that as the Planet bots began to look rounder and more like planets, they seem to be smaller bots. Unicron as the first one is my basis. Second came Primus and as he was rounser and more planet-like in shape, his was a smaller Robot mode than Unicron's. Now Vader hits the stage and his Death Star mode is a near perfect sphere, and again, the Robot is smaller.

Therefor, the next planet bot needs to be a bigger planet.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, the SW figures are pretty expensive for me...that's why I have totally stopped collecting them - I rather spend the cash on other stuff.

13. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

3 words. come. to. europe.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hey,It's not rea;;y my Problem,I really don't collect SWTF,I have one and it's tIE Fighter worst figure ever made.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was hoping it would be a little bigger so the little titanium Star Destroyers would look cool around it. Ah well. Maybe some one will make a huge ass knockoff of him.

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    That's the only SWTF I am remotely interested in. Maybe after Christmas

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure it'll also be the big Black Friday item like the Falcon was last year, so it'll be out there for cheap without having to wait till clearance, which won't be till after xmas.

At least the planet modes are pretty close in side though.

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm just upset because the large Transformers seem to be history. I know most TF collectors like the deluxe size the best but I like the Fort Max size the best. My biggest wish is to get a TF as big or bigger than Fort Max just one more time. But I know that will never happen so I had to settle for the supreme class. They screwed me by making Primus too small & now this is just a kick in the nuts. And since Primus, the supreme class seems to be history too. None for Classics, animated or the new classics/universe. Looks like TF fans that like the larger figures are just plain out of luck now.:( 

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a large bot again either, at least one or two. Still, I think it would end up costing a nice chunk of cash at any store. Darth Vader here is set at $50 and that really isn't too bad considering he is larger then $40 toys, and carrys the SW brand.

20. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In reply to the title:

"What's Hasbro's problem??? "

They are shameless money hungry jerks :D