What's Going To Become Of Airachnid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It's almost certain Soundwave recorded every last second of Airachnid's betrayal in the last Season 1 episode. And he most certainly will play the recording to Megatron. Megatron's not going to be too happy with Airachnid. So what will he do with her? Will he punish her? Will he even go as far as beating her to a pulp like he did with Starscream? Or will he play nice for once in an effort to convince Orion Pax of his "benevolence"? I don't know if he wants to viciously assault his troops if he's trying to win Orion over to his side.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm having a feeling that later in Season 2 she'll make planes to leave the Decpticons and try to get even with Arcee and the Darbys. Than after that for a while she could get killed. That's my hunch anyway.

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    My thoughts exactly.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Predacon army with Shockwave.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Hopefully she kicks the bucket and soon. We can file her under "good concept, poor execution" with Unicron.

6. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

Does anybody remember seeing her after the SW confrontation?

7. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

She needs to just scram, get lost, die.

8. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. She wasn't in the crowd that greeted Megatron when he came back with Orion.

I think that Airachnid will stick around while Orion is on the D-con's side. If Optimus is on their side, Arcee may come to them (her) to get him back.

I think she'll attempt to leave the D-cons after Optimus goes back to the Autobots. But I wonder if she'll try to hijack a ship to leave the galaxy or hide out on Earth?

9. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    If Starscream got away with assassination attempt and countless transgressions I don't think Megs won't even bother to reprimand Airachnid personally for such petty thing (Soundwave already showed her her place). She didn't even disobey Megatron directly.

I would't mind if she took Starscream's role as Megatron's chewtoy and try to regain her independence. Like Kaijuguy said she will probably continue obsessing about Arcee and Jack. Considering Arcee's attitude towards her changed, Airachnid's death can be played differently than just for revenge.
    I believe she will die; despite being a very cool dark action girl she's the only character whose death would have the very little(or any) impact on the viewer(unless she'll get some massive character development).

10. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

That's what I am trying to remember, that scene, was all the other cons there?

I can see Megatron and SW sitting at the bar in the Nemisis's lounge and watching the video of her smackdown by Sw, lol....

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Well, no, he beat Starscream within an inch of his life. And if Megatron's tone was to be taken into account, his survival was not really intended. And he only allowed Starscream to live because he became loyal again. Airachnid, I don't believe, even has the capacity for true loyalty.

12. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    You're right (well I'm not really sure if Starscream has any capacity for true loyalty either, even though he seemed very sincere in the beginning of 'Partners').

I meant that he got away alive despite his treason (thought it's true that Megatron did say that he's going to execute Starscream). But in the end Megatron let him live twice, for some reason. Airachinid's 'betrayal' was nothing compared to Screamer's crimes. I believe that Magatron has yet to get tired of Airachnid like he was of Starscream.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You wanna try telling them how they are poorly executed in front of their faces?:lol  I've heard they don't take criticisms lightly.:lol 

My sentiments exactly!:thumb 

True. She's smart in this regard because she knows what Megatron is fully capible of doing.

I believe she'll die eventully too. And good point about her death being played differently. While Arcee's feelings towards Airachnid hasn't really changed yet it's very possible that Airachind will become so obssed with getting even that it drives her insane lossing her common sense and cunning as a result. Arcee may be scared by this because she may relieze that if Arcee contunied on with her revenge obseesion she'll be in an even worse state. This sounds cheesy yes but that could be one of the possibltys of Arcee's eventual moving on from her bitterness and vengeful urges. Airachnid could also try to kill Arcee but ends up killing herself by acceindant.

Anyways those are my thoughts.:) 

14. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I´m not sure Airachnid still cares about Jack, or even Arcee. Not that she would let them get away, given an opportunity of payback, but I think she has more important issues in mind, like her position inside the Decepticons, or even her survival.
    But an episode with Airachnid offering her help to the autobots to rescue Orion (as revenge for lossing her position as second in command) in exchange of some Mcguffins like the Polarity Gauntlet would be great.

15. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Soundwave will bitch-slap her to death

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I like Airachnid, so I'm kinda hoping she doesn't die.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Right. She cares more for her survival and position but I wouldn't be suprised if she wants to have some scores settled wiht Arcee and the Darbys somehow.

Airachnid offering to help the Autobots get Optimus back would indeed make a very intrguing episode!:)  But Arcee would have to restrain herself though so she wouldn't blow any more chances for her team,but she might calm herself since she was pretty remorseful about what happend in Partners not to mention a chance to get Optimus back. She's eager for backpay for now but she cares more for her teammates and leader even more.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knock Out & Breakdown flanking Soundwave, as well as a squad of Vehicon fliers:

[​IMG]

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much Airachnid would love to get rid of Arcee, Jack, and the Autobots, she's just worried about her hide now.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Soundwave blackmails her into staying in line. I mean she is a huge bitch and deserves to die but her getting humiliated would be even better than dying!