What's going on with that ghostbusters sequel

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I remeber hearing something about a ghostbusters animated sequal with apperntly bill murry to return can someone tell me whats the good word about it?

2. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Why would he not want to be seen? That's an odd request.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think physically, all 4 guys could still play ghostbusters albeit geriatric version if they wanted to.

egon was last seen in as good as it gets.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I think an animated feature would work well, if they follow the DC And Marvel model. Or atleast DCs since Death of Superman seems aimed more for a mature audience while Marvel animated films seem more family friendly. It could work very well and they could just go hog wild with demons and ghosts.

6. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

This will probably take a few more years to iron out and get into production since rumours have been around for some time.

There are a few fan made movies out there that look decent for the budgets if you really need a Ghostbuster fix.

7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    i dont know if they should do another Ghostbusters. I dont think it would do as good! Anyone remember the series it was amazing!!! They need a 80's cartoon channel in the world

8. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, he was in Knocked Up playing an old Hippie Stoner. :) 

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I remember hearing rumors about Ghostbusters 3 when I was 13 years old. I'm 30 now. It's just not going to happen. And I'm okay with that. The first one was awesome. The second, not so much. A third, 25 or maybe more years after the fact, I can't imagine being anything other than an abomination.

10. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/02/03/ghostbusters-3-confirmed/

“Ghostbusters 3 lives today. A year ago it didn’t.”

“I wrote a script called Hell Bent, Ghostbusters go to hell basically. The premise is that it’s Manhellton. There’s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And if you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We’ve succeeded doing that and we go to the hell side.

Downtown, Folley Square - where the cops are, they’re all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump like character - Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it.

It won’t happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won’t come on to the live action but he will voice his part, as a CGI animated project.

With CGI, and animation, the way these cartoons are done, we can do everything I wrote in that script for a lot less money.”

11. TILALLR1

Personally, I would rather see a live action reboot of Ghostbusters, with new younger ghostbusters beening taught the tricks of the trade by the veterans. But oh well there goes that idea.

12. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

So you want an Extreme Ghostbusters movie?

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah that sounds like a good idea
    Oh I rather it be 2-d animation but thats me
    Yah a '80s cartoon station whould be flippin sweet but I have the slightest feeling your getting mixed up with the movie and the cartoon btw I'm sure frank welker will return

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    not a bad idea. I would like to see something like that too. ^^

15. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    That sounds even worse than I imagined. Good Lord. "Lou Siffler"? "Manhellton"? Is he SERIOUS? This is almost as f'ed up as that rumored Jurassic Park 4 script about dinosaurs being trained by the military to use assault rifles and fight wars, only this one is apparently real if Dan Aykroyd is talking about it.

Then again, Dan Aykroyd is pretty close to being certifiably insane anyway, but still.

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd like this also, but to give that ghostbusters feel I'd have the new guys also be new SNL veterans. That way it'd kinda have that keep it in the family feeling.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just do a GB live action tv series already.

18. TILALLR1

Yes I agree with this idea as well. Originally I think they approached Will Smith and Chris Farely and new Ghostbusters. But then Chris Farely died and that went to crap. After that they were going to get Ben Stiller. But then Will Smith did the hit Men in Black, which kind of was like a Ghostbuster spoof in opinion. So that was that. I saw bring in a couple of the orginal Ghostbusters like in Ghostbusters Extreme to train new recruits with the same 4 group dynamic of the original Ghostbuters.

Here is some names I suggest today;

Dr. Egon Spengler - Character replacement by Will Ferrell
    Dr. Peter Venkman - Character replacement by Ben Stiller or Ryan Reynolds
    Dr. Raymond Stantz - Character replacement by Jack Black
    Ernie Hudson - Character replacement by Will Smith or Martin Lawrence

I would also have liked to see the original cast in the movie die somehow. Also, keep the comical ellements and make it as epic as the first film. End of the World type stuff.

19. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Epic? Really? I think what made the first movie great was how mundane is was. It was just a bunch of fairly unremarkable dudes with an insanely dry sense of humor. It didn't really become "end of the world type stuff" until the last 15 or 20 minutes. An epic Ghostbusters movie wouldn't be true to the franchise in my opinion. That's just not what it's about. It was a comedy first and an action movie second.

20. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Slightly edited to reduce errors and suck. Not to knock your choices, I'm very down with a lot of them, but Will Farrell is a pox upon Hollywood. Any part he gets has to be written as "the lovable idiotic bumbling oaf" or else his movies fail. An Egon Spengler he does not make. Wilson ain't too great an actor either, but at least he can do something other than "moron", and with Spengler, you need someone who can at least look like he has an IQ.

Ryan Reynolds is one of those hit or miss kinds of guys, but he can do deadpan-slapstick as good as anyone as Venkman. I support.

Though I'm not a fan of Jack Black (same reason as Farrell), he would be a good Ray Stantz. He looks the part, and whether I like to admit it or not, I think he'd be good for the role.

Will Smith would be great. While Martin Lawrence might fit more Hudson's look for Winston, Will brings better acting, more comedy and a lot of profit from fans.

Again, just my thoughts on it.