What's goin on with Hasbro Convoy MP-10?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bestbuddy09, Aug 28, 2012.

1. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

It was goin to come out in July (they said) but now it's almost the end of August and it's still not out? Like I see dealers in china selling them in the 2nd week of july but they are still not here.

+ the price was goin to be $100.00 but the dealers are selling them for $210.00 and people are buying them what I REALLY don't get because Takara MP-10 was $250.00+ shipping and everyone was cry about price? But $40.00 less then it's a good deal hmmm....?:crazy:  LoL

2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The dealers are selling them for $210 right now because he hasn't been officially released yet, and apparently people are willing to pay the inflated price.

And AFAIK, aside from the murmurs of him being released in Fall there hasn't even been a definite release date set, and now MP Thundercracker is apparently out before him.

3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^Muahhaha. I agreed, :D 

Where is Hasbro Prime in the U.S? I think it's going back to the shop until all of those smokestack are trimmed down, muahahha :D 

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    How many of these dealers are American? Overseas prices are higher.

5. bestbuddy09

Yeah I was thinking that to about the Thundercracker because MP-10 got the ok to go before him but then Thundercracker is in stores first (some places right now). I this don't get that and I hope the hole transformers generations rumble thing doesn't happen again but now with MP-10. But I really whated to see what other people thing about this.

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I was assuming that all of the sellers who have the US version for sale were outside the US.

I don't think you need to worry about that. MP-10 is a pretty significant release, and for the cost it probably takes to produce* I doubt it would be cancelled at the last minute.

*I'm just guessing here. I honestly have no idea.

7. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Yeah I don't think we need to worry too much about MP-10 being cancelled in favor of MOAR BEES or anything. I am just concerned that he is gonna drop at a time when my wallet can't sustain the hit...like the same time as MP Soundwave and Sideswipe and the first figs from Your Anus.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have wondered...what if Thundercracker got bumped up because TRU would rather sell an MP Optimus a little closer to the holiday season, meaning one of the "big name" characters gets a premium release on the shelves that much closer to Black Friday and Christmas shopping time rather than a somewhat lesser known character?

9. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    this is what ive been thinking as well

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Between this and FE, transformers are going to sell really well during the holidays.

11. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't know that TC was OK'd first before OP. Hasbro has been keeping things "under wraps" much better lately than in the past. Just because we were TOLD that MP OP was going to be released before we were told about TC means nothing.

Yeah, it's possible. My only problem with this is that the MP TRU exclusives sell out instantaneously regardless of when they are released. I would believe they did it because of the price rather than the character, since MP-10 is $30 more, it might be a better xmas time purchase.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My guess, around black friday. Save the big ticket item for Christmas.

13. bestbuddy09

Ok if you say so.:confused2 

14. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    We already heard that the toy will be coming to the US in Novemeber and again in December. Other countries just get it first though...

15. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Optimus? Only officail release for him was seen at sdcc saying july 2012, anything else has been speculation. I do expect this to be a holiday release at this point though, just hope there's enough to go around.

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    He was released in July... In Asia (specifically China and Hong Kong) :D 

17. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I still think that it is not going to be less than $150 US. The US dollar is worth so much less these days that the actual value of the goods has to be paid for ultimately. With the demand globally for this being high it would be silly to sell it at a discount in America while the same stock could sell for full price elsewhere.

18. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Price has already been confirmed at $99.99 in the TRU computer systems.... now if I were to bet I would say it will come out at $129.99.... though.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but they still have to be able to sell it though, and not just to collectors. A hundred or so (yes, sales tax in various places will up the price regardless) is one thing, but once you start going well past? Suddenly it's an iffier proposition; I'm not sure how many general buyers want to plunk down $150 on this and we collectors can be rather bitchy about prices (whether it's justified or not in certain circumstances).

As for what Hasbro/Takara can sell stuff for globally vs what they can sell it for here at retail....though TRU has already seen price increases (though they are more of a specialty store compared to Target/Walmart/Kmart), if retailers thought they could price stuff that high and still see it move as much as it currently does, I imaginen they would have by now. That said, I also doubt TRU executives are paying attention to what MP-10 sells for.

Aren't you the same person that thought MP Optimus was going to retail for $200 or something like that?

20. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Asian demand is what I refer to. We already know it exists now.