Whats better: Prime VS RID15

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Dec 29, 2017.

?

Prime or RID

1. Prime (2010-2013)

73 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. RID (2015-2017)

16 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Galvatross

Galvatross Complete Trainshrek. Veteran

LoL.

I mean I'm not crazy about either show, but I was able to watch Prime. RiD lost me after the second or third episode.

2. Hysteresis

Hysteresis The energy loss that God abandoned

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I like RiD because it did what all animations need to do: get kids interested.

Kids drive a lot of the sales and give us more content. Having the kids like it as well as the adults is why things can last so long we want it to be "timeless". (Star Wars)

Prime failed in that measure it's far from timeless and rewatching tends to take a degree of the fun from it. Prime also had plot holes never discussed and usually just dropped. Some of the episodes were painfully resolved in ways that seemed incredibly out of character. RID has similar problems.

RID has my most favorite episode of all time in it. Because it creates a very Animated/G1/creative atmosphere that really embraces the audiences variety of ages. It's a close margin but I think RID is "better".

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, which episode are you referring to?

4. Hysteresis

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It wanted to be a pretzel.

5. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah that was one of my favourites as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hysteresis

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I felt it had a lot of good points as well as some laughable moments. As a standalone episode, it was super good and I feel if the whole series had that same kind of hijinks RID would be super likable even by adults. It's rewatchable and you can still have fun with it.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Like TFCybertron, TFP was the second show I managed to watch til the very end and I made it a tradition in my life to celebrate an anniversary for good memories. I make a small cake with a single candle, my TFP toys sitting with me and just watch all three seasons and the movie for a whole day. It made me laugh with Bulkhead’s girly scream, it made me cry when Optimus made the ultimate sacrifice, and it made me love Predaking as an individual instead of being a combiner. Motherfucking dragons please!

• Like Like x 1
  8. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be brief and just say Prime is my preferred show. Rid isnt offensive (its like the new Armada, Car Robots) but it has two major flaws for me.

1) Its written for kids in mind. As weird as this sound but the cartoons I watched as a kid and remember weren't dumbed down for my audience. PBS Cyberchase for example. Kids going into the internet to stop The Hacker. They don't frame it as "Lets learn math" like a Dora the Explorer clone. It's more "We need to solve this equation or the internet will break". If you're going to have a show with low stakes and is generally considered "safe for kids" then I must point you to Rescue Bots which already existed and did the job better. Besides I think Reverend Wilbert Awdry (aka the creator of Thomas the Tank Engine) put it best.
    [​IMG]

2) The toys. The main line is ok (I didnt invest that much) but then you look at how much else it has going on. To compare Prime/PRiD had the standard figures, cyberverse sets, and 2 weaponizers. Meanwhile we look at RiD and we see the standard line, cyberverse, 1 step changers, 3 step changers, mini con deployers, activators, combiners, and crash combiners. These didnt appear all at once but the line was spread too thin. Keep the basics and the small scaled figures then choose one gimmick. Going overboard just wastes plastic and money.

Like I said its not a bad show as its like Armada or Car Robots. Kids will watch it but once they grow older I doubt theyre going to go back and say "yay thats what my childhood is about".

9. BR3AKDOWN

BR3AKDOWN Stunticon Trooper

Prime was far better in my opinion. The characters, the art style, the setting, etc. RiD was cool, but I didn't love it as much as I liked Prime. Prime has it's fair share of faults and hiccups, but they're small in comparison to RiD's honestly.

10. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated.

Prime only recycled Animated and did not bring not much characters or originality.

RiD had great first season, but it become weaker and weaker.

11. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

I guess Prime, but it'll take some explanation.

I often fall into the trap of seeing Prime through rose-colored glasses, since I have fond memories of watching it in middle school. However, when I look back at it now, I see that it's not quite as good as I remember. Not that it's a bad show, but it definitely has flaws. Although it's still entertaining and interesting, don't get me wrong. All in all, I would give Prime a "B". It's an above-average cartoon, although it's not perfect.

RiD...I found almost all of RiD to be extremely boring. I respect that as an 18-year old male, I am not the target audience for RiD 2015, but, if you're strictly asking my opinion, RiD was boring. Besides the Starscream arc, I just didn't find most of the show to be especially interesting. I respect that RiD tried to do something different than other TF series, but it felt really dumbed-down, even for a kids show. And the wasted potential...oh gosh the wasted potential. Prime had this too, but I feel like RiD's was definitely worse. Season 3 had a lot of potential with plot points like Soundwave, the Stunticons and the council. Unfortunately, these plot points got virtually no payoff. All in all, I would give RiD a "D".

So, for me, Prime>RiD