Whats better: Prime VS RID15

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Dec 29, 2017.

?

Prime or RID

1. Prime (2010-2013)

121 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. RID (2015-2017)

21 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Prime. RID is worthless to me. I would not accept the DVD even if it was given to me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think I'll remember Prime longer, it was definitely a more ambitious show, just a shame the second half kind of had its style cramped by meddlesome execs. RID2015 was a more pleasant experience, because I went in expecting a low stakes Saturday morning cartoon, I wasn't too invested and enjoyed what I got. I really like the new designs we got but hate that barely any of them were made into toys.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Prime has a nice cinematic feel while RID does a great job with it's episodic _____ of the week formula even if it lacked any real ambition.

RID is more fun, so I'd go with RID.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Who's hotter: Woopi Goldberg or Rosie O'Donnell?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Collectotron

Collectotron Let’s just say i’m a bit of a Brawn enthusiast

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Prime
    S1 amazing
    S2 amazing
    S3 amazing
    Predacons rising amazing

Rid
    S1 really good
    S2 good
    Starscream arc amazing
    S3 started off meh but it kept getting worse the final episodes were awful especially the soundwave one

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love them both, but RID didn’t forget to give the characters personality beyond their job description. That, and I love the influx of so many new characters. It was great to get a TF show for once that wasn’t all about Megatron & Optimus.

That said, TFP has some of my absolute favorite takes on iconic characters like Soundwave, Starscream & Arcee, while adding in some cool new guys like Knockout.

So RID wins it for me. But they’re both awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    In my opinion I think Prime took much more serious risks like having Unicron be earth etc. RID was for a target audience way younger and I was so bored with episodes that I had to force myself to watch them to continue having watched every TF show.

Also it's standalone mostly so if you miss episodes you don't miss much. Prime had more arcs and more of a plot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Prime easily. NuRID is meh.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Last Hope

The Last Hope Autobot - Team Prime

Transformers: Prime would be my vote.

While the show may be far from perfect, I as many others have come to enjoy what Transformers Prime has to offer. And despite the criticism it receives around here,
    based on what I've seen the Transformers community generally speaks very positively about the show.

That's not to say that Transformers: Robots in Disguise is a bad show by any means. But personally, I feel that it was not a worthy sequel to Transformers Prime.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kafei

Kafei Fan of the robots

I watched both shows in their entirety and if i think about RID a can recall a couple of moments, while if i think about Prime i can remember almost everything, and i haven't rewatched it in years.

Even now, if i look at my figures i find myself imagining them talking and acting as their TFP counterparts, even when they look more G1.

I guess my vote is on Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Prime is my favorite TF show ever. RiD has its strong suits too and I can ignore how it doesn't really feel like a sequel, but I felt there were far less moments that made me go "Wow, that's awesome!" and I found the characters to be less interesting (I can't judge plot for obvious reasons).

• Like Like x 2
  12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Prime hands down for me. The show that got me back into Transformers after G1.

RID I watched about 10 episodes of and got bored.

Prime was prime-time entertainment for me and by Primus, Bulkhead, I needed that!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Fivepeepeeman

Fivepeepeeman Who the hell do you think I am?!

For me, Prime by a long shot. It got me back into Transformers
    RiD wasn’t bad, it was just boring

• Like Like x 1
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TF equivalent of Shrek vs Sponge Bob?

Let's see......Neither!

15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Really enjoyed Prime. Kids loved it too!

My son and I tried to watch nuRiD...and we couldn't get past the third or so episode. While it had its moments, we just weren't compelled to keep watching. Unfortunately, I think all of us have been trained now to want to watch seasons in binge mode, where episodes leave a nugget to compel someone to watch the next one to complete a story arc. Prime had a smidge of that whereas I just didn't feel anything with nuRid at the beginning (I'm certain that came later but it's already too late).

16. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Although I'm not a fan of cartoons at all, certainly Prime was better. It showed again that TF can be serious. It was epic and beautiful story. It looks amazing visually. It also brings a lot of emotion and affection to characters. They are loveble. Prime brought many new things to franchise. RID is just plain, it's fun and that's all. Decepticons are mostly useless, Autobots don't look like a team at all, as much as I have seen. Just a group of guys and girls, maybe colleagues, but not friends. Most of episodes are separated from each other, you can watch them in random order. Autobots are too humanized and you can totally forget, that they are aliens. And visual style is too simple for Transformers! I don't feel, that they are heavy mechanical beings at all, they're just shining plastic toys.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Although I enjoyed Robots in Disguise (2015), I prefer Prime over it due to the story, cast, animation, tone and I find myself rewatching episodes of it again and again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I'm the same. Prime feels like it was aimed at "everybody" while RID15 feels like it's strictly aimed at kids. I got half way through RID15 before the boredom was too powerful that I couldn't finish the episode, much less the series. It's way too dumbed down and doesn't even feel like it fits with Prime/FOC/WFC which.... Isn't it suppose to be a continuation of Prime? None of it made sense to me and that always bugged me with each episode.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Except Prime is more like Ashley Graham. To some, it's sexy gold. To others, it's a tub of lard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Prime for me. I was watching RID when it was starting, but lost interest before the 1st season reached its half point. RID was just... "not quite my tempo".

I really enjoyed Prime a lot though. It was a darker take, and I'm into that type of story. I get TFs are a toy line to the general public, but it's very much story heavy.

Also, I'm starting to get sick off all the happy-go-lucky vibe of most media of recent times.