What's after G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by squawkbox74, Sep 3, 2007.

1. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

I saw the last episode of tranformers G1 recently. The introduces all these headmasters and targtmasters and such, but Then what. Is there a series after G1, Because it would be stupid to make all these characters and just end it there in a cliffhanger. So what happens next?

2. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

The show was canceled in the U.S. Continued into a Japanese-only TV series called Transformers: Headmasters.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Headmasters is separate and entirely different from The Transformers: The Rebirth.

Masterforce and Victory followed after that. And they're really good too.

4. squawkbox74

Why was it canceled?

5. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

It was cancelled but Japan kept it going, they really should of finished Transformers on the Return of Optimus Prime 2 after the spores were gone and everyone was back to normal, it was such a better ending ;) 

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    For me, the series ended with the Movie. I remember watching that when I was 10, and since my local affiliate never aired any episodes after season 2, Rodimus/Galvatron was a one time deal.

I'm actually really happy it didnt. Having seen "The Rebirth" and "The Return of Optimus Prime" recently has made me glad that I'm not nostalgic for those characters or toys. The characters are really stupid and the toys ugly overpriced POS's.

7. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i may be wrong,but including the japanese series,it goes:
    g1
    headmasters
    masterforce
    victory
    beast wars
    beast wars 2
    beast machines
    robots in disguise/car robots
    armada/micron legend
    energon/superlink
    cybertron/galaxy force
    animated('08,of course)

8. squawkbox74

Ya, but nobody has still answered my question, WHY was it canceled???

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Kids interest went down after the movie. Characters like Prime, Starscream and alot of the first season autobots died in the movie and were replaced with guys like Kup, Springer and Magnus. Hasbro then brought back Optimus Prime because of the kids parents who begged them to, and to bring life back into the franchise, but at that point it was too late.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you forgot Beast Wars Neo

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You forgot BW Neo.

Because popularity was waning and Hasbro only considered the show to be expensive advertising, that's why. Have some patience, not everyone is sitting at a computer today.

--Moony

12. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

And remember that the show was a big advertisment for the toys. However, season 3 toys weren't that interesting as the Season 1 and 2 toys, so there was this lack of interest.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    NOTHING!!!
    Will nothing good

14. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

Even the ones that survived you didn't really see again

The day Prowl, Prime, Ironhide, Wheeljack and Ratchet died my life went down hill LOL

no seriously Season 3 & 4 was crap and any series after G1 are crap ;) 

15. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Add to the list Zone, and I suppose Scramble City could be slotted in (assuming G1 refers to the US shows only).

16. Nerdling

Ebay:
    QFT.

I think Jazz and Bumblebee were still alive but didn't appear after season 2. I dont remember seeing Wheeljack die but he was gone too. Blaster and Perceptor should not have gotten the exposure they did. And Galvatron was a one sided villain with no charisma after his performance in the movie. The overall tone of the show was just depressing. Too much emphasis on the Quintessons and time travel.

Meatformers and Power Rangers/Gundam-esque TFs (where all the fighting happens in some projected outterspace future) were garbage. I just dont dig the overblown uber geeky stuff with names like "Victory Star Saber Convoy" etc.

17. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Jazz was shown in Five Faces of Darkness part 1 where he's in a race in some sort of Intergalactic Olympics. However, they called him Munka Spanka or something dumb for some reason. Maybe because they didn't wanna give Jazz any lines because his Voice Actor had passed away. Also, Bumblebee appears with the other minibots in Five Faces of Darkness when they try to defend the Ark against a newly made Trypticon. Also, in Call of the Primitives, when that energy sucking creature Tornitron attacks Cybertron, Kup calls a planetwide alert and in the background you can see Jazz and Bumblebee running. Finally, Bumblebee is seen in the Return of Optimus Prime and is mortally wounded fighting a crazed Superion. He's later rebuilt into Goldbug.

And Wheeljack dies in the movie because we see his and Windcharger's corpses together while Springer and Arcee are trying to mount a defensive.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Perhaps you guys should have pointed out that Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory ect are all from the JAPANESE continuity, which diverges from the American G1 continuity from the Headmasters onwards.

In answer to the OP's original question, we don't really know what occured after the last episode of G1, other than the Autobots winning the war somehow. Beast Wars is set some 300 years after the final episode of G1.

19. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

exactly. Also, the newer cartoons seemed to be lower quality, not to mention that the toys were very different as well.

20. Nerdling

Ebay:
    It's so insane how rushed this was. We never actually saw WJ die, and Goldbug gets about 3 seconds of "Hey its Bumblebee 2.0! Hurray! Now, let's focus on something important and try to not get bamboozled by Galvatron." They could have easily written an ep about WJ, Jazz, and BB going on some spy mission on Cybertron and captured, then turned into their season 3 counterparts. Woulda sold more toys and made more sense.