Whats a little Road Rage to start the day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tikgnat, Aug 15, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ahahaha. Oh I have to post this little story while its fresh in my head.

Righty, its early in the morning, and its been a couple of minutes since I left the house, driving to work. There are two lanes of traffic, I'm in the fast lane (thats on the right here in the UK) because apart from side roads which people frequently turn and out of (from the left lane) I know that further up the road there is parked traffic that would force me to move into the right hand lane anyway.

So there I am pottering along on the limit, 40mph and even though its 7 in the morning there's traffic not 10 metres further ahead than me, so you know, I'm keeping pace. No problem.

Until some guy with his missus is in a VW Estate, and tries to undertake me (ie pass on my left in my massive blind spot). Anyway, he doesn't make it because you know those side roads I mentioned? The guy right ahead of me in the left lane suddenly brakes and turns off to the left. VW Estate guy pretty much has to emergency brake to avoid getting into an accident. Duh.

Further ahead the traffic has pulled away a little (I accelerate slowly, conserve petrol what with the stupid prices) but traffic is still only what? 25 metres up the road? Suddenly Mr VW Estate (who is behind me again) veers into the left lane and mad tries to pass me on the left again. Fuck that says I.

So I speed up to keep him behind me, and lo and behold, you know that parked traffic I mentioned earlier? Yup up they come. Mr VW Estate has to brake (again) and get behind me (again). At the end of the road he's now DESPERATELY trying to get beside me at the roundabout, which he can't, because of the other traffic on the road.

But he does, a couple minutes down at a traffic light. He's giving me his best evil death stare. (Oooooh I'm shaking). Bear in mind, I'm a pretty confident guy when it comes to confrontation (I'm a few days short of 33, been doing martial arts since I was 15). So I open my window (at first the rear one by accident admittedly, its not my normal car) give him a big old grin and call out to him:

'Why are you trying to undertake me back there!? Where were you going to go?'

*Still gives me his best evil death stare (wavering slightly because this isn't the reaction he was probably expecting)*

'Why are you trying so hard to get past me? Where were you going to go?' (Meaning, even if he did pass me, he would gain at most 1 car space)

Lights change, just before he pulls off he says, and I shit you not,

'Go home.'

WTF. The best you can come up with is a weak ass racist comment? AHAHHAHAHA. To top it all off he's slightly ahead of me (because the way the queues at the lights were stacked) and he pulls off SLOWLY expecting me to try to churn around him as fast as I could, and he would in a big hero moment, cut me off.

Except I can see, that traffic is only a few metres up the road. Slow acceleration suits me, I save more petrol that way. We eventually catch up to the traffic ahead anyway, because its MOVING SLOWLY.

In every possible way he failed to get one up on me in front of his missus. Who (from her lack of participation) probably thought he should just let it go.

But no, instead he showed what a shit driver he was and that his default 'go to' argument is weak sauce racism. Go start a riot already pea brain.

Anyway, cool story bro. I thought I'd share the start of the day, I suppose it can only get better right?

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did you go home?

I hate people like that. I also hate tailgaters. Years ago when I was going to a local college clear on the other side of town I'd drive out there every day. It is a big express way with 3-4 lanes each direction. I was moving along around the speed limit as I came to one lane construction area. Normally it was about 2 lanes in the section. I slow it down to the new speed limit and notice there is a guy really riding my bumper. I mean he was nearly in the backseat. Well I am ALWAYS massively early where ever I am going. Also no other traffic behind the ass on my ass. So what do I do. Take my foot off the gas and drop to about 10MPH for about a mile. I could see this guy's face in the mirror. He didn't get the hint to back off. My policy is that the more you tailgate, the slower I will go. Finally it got out of the 1 lane bottle neck and he passed. I laughed and pulled into WM to look for TFs.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

If people tailgate more than my dad thinks is proper he'll start taping the breaks to make then back off.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, no need to tap on the brakes. I found an interesting trick. Let them ride you close enough, then slow down. They'll be right there where bumper almost meets bumper like they're drafting you (as if they were NASCAR drivers or some dumb shit). Then, you apply just enough pressure to the brake pedal to where you're not slowing down, but the brake lights come on. That freaks people the fcuk out! I know because I've done it many a times and have always gotten a good laugh at seeing the looks on people's faces when I do that :D 

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Three months after I got my license last year (I was 29 yrs old) I was driving down a four lane road when I saw my turn coming up. Being a new driver I looked at all my mirrors and behind me before merging into the right lane. Unfortunately a truck, which had been two blocks away was right at my bumper. Yep, he sped UP so I wouldn't be in front of him. Well, he pulls up next to me, rolls his window down and shouts, "Get off the f'ing road, woman!" He then tries to push my small SUV off the road. So I speed up hoping to get away but I got stuck at a red light. He pulls in behind me, gets out with a crowbar and starts heading my way. I'm royally flipping out at this point. I'm not that big and this guy was MASSIVE! Thankfully other drivers saw him and actually got out to help. This scared the guy enough that he ran back into his truck and sped off. Now, I carry an inch thick steel pipe in my car because of that.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I hate dickheads trying to overtake me when I'm doing the speed limit, especially when there's no easy way/place to overtake anyway. They have zero reason to overtake me if I'm doing the speed limit already. Apart from them being a nob. And then when they do overtake me (with a look of triumph on their stupid face) they catch up to whatever traffic is ahead and have to slow back down anyway as I draw up behind them and they try not to catch my eye. And then when we start moving again I get to see them hanging out into the oncoming traffic lane looking for the next chance to cause an accident and probably kill everyone but themselves.

No bugger is going to confront me though as I'm not a little chap. Always remember one time some dick ran me off the road cutting me up and I beeped him and waved some gestures at him out the window and he stopped and got out like he was going to start something. Then I got out too and he goes *gulp* and got back in his car and drove away. They ain't so tough without their metal box around them.

7. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

???? Arent you "home" so to speak? I mean I know you were on your way to work and what not, but is this country not "home" to you?

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

tikgnat isn't white, IIRC his ethnic heritage is Chinese. And "Go Home"/"Go to back to your country" are the weak sauce ethnic slurs from white people too pussy to trot out the proper slurs.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I'm Chinese, but born here (BBC, British Born Chinese which means unfortunately I'll never be 'fully' accepted in HK where I'm from Ethnically). I suspect that part of the guys 'wavering' was part my attitude and part the fact I had a better grasp of English than he did.

Quite plummy wot wot.

10. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Lol that makes owning him all the better. At least be creative when you go to insult someone!

11. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Fuck tailgaters. I do the same thing

12. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I will remember this trick and use it with great pleasure!

I've chilled out over the years, and will let people pass me if it means them getting the fuck away from me and out of my hair. However, there are those times, like in tikgnat's case, where there is absolutely no reason for the person to be trying to pass you in the first place. Then it's a lot of fun to be a huge dick to them.

13. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. I generally just let people go when they're that much in a rush. Funny story, this dude in an Escalade was just going well over 15mph down a 40 mph road. 3 lanes mind you. I saw him weaving in and out of traffic when he was about 3 blocks down and I knew he was going to pass me up soon and cut me off. What did I do? I sped up in the middle land and went in formation between the two vehicles to my left and right :D  Yeah....when he caught up he was not happy. Finally the one on my left had to turn left and the guy got his passing lane. He gave me a middle finger and sped into the intersection...........breaking a red light........almost killing several people.

Of course, I saw him 10 blocks down pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle. The cop was returning to the bike for something I guess so I went over to the right lane....and as I passed slowly....I made sure he saw me....pointing at him.....laughing.

14. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Ugh, you are so lucky! I've yet to see a doucher like that get pulled over. Seriously, I wish for it to happen so often, but to this day I've never seen an asshole like that get pulled over by a cop. Which is why it still pisses me off that I got pulled over for doing 75 mph in a 65 zone in the middle of the night on a near empty highway. I had the cruise set at about 71 or 72, but I was driving my dad's vehicle, and I guess the cruise could creep up in it. I didn't get a ticket, but I was annoyed that the cop even bothered. Must've been really bored that night; if it had been day time I'm sure there would have been countless shitdicks passing me at 95 mph, and I wouldn't have seen a single one get pulled over.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :lol 

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. Let the dangerous risky drivers get away from me before they crash into something and take me down with them.