What's a good price for Fansproject Bruticus parts?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ubertenorman, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

So, I know now is not the time to try to pick up the Fansproject Bruticus set since the prices are elevated due to excitement over the FOC version. But I'm thinking about picking up the set in the near future (probably at a convention) and I'm wondering what a fair price is.

After a quick perusal of eBay it looks like most go for between $300 and $400 for a complete set. Do you guys have any advice? I've only really been picking up newly released 3rd party items since I started collecting about 2 years ago, so I'm not very well versed in this area.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The Munitioner & Explorer sets go for ~$200 for the pair. As for the Energon combiner parts, I would try to pick them up individually, since you only need 3 of the 5 and you can save a few $$$ in the process.

3. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really not a good time to jump in now buddy, so you better be prepared to get ripped off.
    Even the original Universe Bruticus boxset is hard to find now. I paid 70.00 for mine. Fansproject guys can turn shelf warmers into hot cakes, shall we hate them or love them as collectors?

4. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

FP reissued City Commander and Warbot Defender. I'd say the Bruticus pieces are prime candidates to be reissued. Just sayin'.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, they were reissued, twice.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which is why I'm going to be selling my pair here soon. LOL, I don't have the other three plus I love the TFC combineder scale.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I managed to pick up a loose ROTF Bruticus set for $50 shipped on the boards 2 years ago. If you're patient and/or are willing to make concessions on which repaints you want to use, you can probably score a used one for well under $100. As for the FP limbs, you may have to pay extra. I just don't see anyone selling them at their default price point, but if you're patient and do your research, you may come across a deal that's well below the current market price. You're just going to have to turn down a lot of people and remain firm on the prices you're willing to pay.

That's what I did. All in all, my FP Bruticus cost ~$150 altogether and I was willing to make some money back by selling off the two extra Energon limbs.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012