What'll Happen After the Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by EvaUnit13, Aug 10, 2007.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What'll happen to the series after all the hype of the third movie has gone down? Will it pull a Star Wars and come back a few years later? Or will they just end right there? There'll probably be new TV series after the movies, but then Transformers will slowly lose the popularity that it had in the 80s and this summer. What're your thoughts and opinions?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd rather them not potentially ruin the franchise like Lucas did with those god awful prequels.

I don't see the movie(s) taking the place of the cartoon or its toylines in the long run (for various reasons, some should be fairly obvious)..so way I see it, nothing really is going to change..if anything the franchise will just be more popular.

3. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I'm going to make my six movie series based loosely on G1, but revolutionizing Transformers and I will be heralded as a hero because of it.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah....good luck on that.

1) The vast majority of the time (but not always) fanfiction tends to be...less than subpar

2) Better start working on getting them rights from Hasbro...lest you want a nice juicy lawsuit/cease and desist order

5. BlackTrailerOps

1) I'm not a fanfict writer, I'm currently going to school to write and direct films. So I'm gonna be playin with the big boys, except I'm more interested in making action films with good stories like Gladiator or 300, but with giant freakin robots waging war across the galaxy.

2) What I'll do is take the scripts to a few of the movies or maybe just the first one, and pitch it to Hasbro. Complete with toy ideas and such, allowing them to mull it over and what not. If it works I'll be able to ride on the coattails of this movie's success, and get a nice big budget.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    1) I can dig it :thumb 

2) Good luck with that (I do mean that sincerely)..just try not to get too hopeful over this (and also try not to let it go to your head).

7. BlackTrailerOps

1) Cool beans

2) Oh yeah, I'm not gonna live or die off making these movies, I love Transformers but if one set of movie is enough for Hasbro thats cool with me. I definitely won't let it go to my head like I feel the success of Bay's films have clearly gone to his head. Thanks for the good luck wish, I'll probably need it.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You're welcome.

Will be looking forward to a possible G1esque franchise in the future...and if it happens I know who to give props to for it.

Also...cool beans, you just saw Hot Rod didn't you?

9. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Transformers have been around for 23 years... either as toys, toons, comics, novels, or film. I honestly can't see them going anywhere. The property is pure gold.

It may loose steam, as all things do - but I can't see it going away completely. It hasn't yet.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    jump the gun much?

LIVE IN THE NOW!

11. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    By the end of a film trilogy, the general public will probably be all Transformer-ed out and will have lost interest, but the franchise will continue as it always has with new lines, cartoons, homages and all the rest. No difference to us!

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm more worried about what's gonna happen after Transformers Animated. I don't want that Batman TAS/Teen Titans stylized crap to continue. But if it's a hit.............:cry 

13. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

its going no where tf has been through stale periods before (beastmachines) and always comes out kicking, sure the popularity will drop off a little after the movies but now theres litterally thousands of kids who are feeling just like we did in the 80's and a large proportion of those kids will stay with it like we did. so tf is here to stay and I for one cant wait to see what happens.

14. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

This thread is a good chuckler...

But after the trilogy, Beast Wars. Beast Wars could itself become a trilogy, assuming the public takes the next movies as well as they did the first.

15. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Now, I disagree with that partially. Granted I do agree that Episode 1 was terrible. Episode two was better, but still no where near the original three in storytelling. Episode 3, IMO, was a well written story to finally finish off the development of the Darth Vader character. Yes the story did seem rushed all of a sudden, however, the final transition to the dark side was very satisfying from a fan POV.

16. BlackTrailerOps

I agree with you about the 2nd and 3rd movie, I thought that while not as good as the original trilogy they were very well done.