Whatever happened to their flight modes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The big speculation is that the Autobots are gonna leave Earth on a modified space shuttle.

Starscream left Earth in the 1st movie.
    Megatron left Earth the second movie.

The Autobots talked about leaving Earth the 2nd movie.

The Autobots flew to Earth the 1st movie- likely with the intent of locating the Allspark and leaving again.

So why would they all of a sudden need assistance getting off this rock?

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We never saw them take off, only land. It's possible that they need an initial boost in their protoform mode to escape gravity but they can travel through space without issue.

Or it may just be that they want to travel as a team in a ship and not a bunch of debris flying loose.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So the singular leader of the entire Autobot- race? faction?- took a 1 way trip to Earth only to destroy the 1 entity that could revive his home planet- and stay here?

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The one entity that could destroy the whole universe if it got into the wrong hands, yes. Primes are big on sacrifices.

5. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Hey, everyone needs a hobby.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think they have three forms of travelling:

1 - That jetpack thing that Optimus has in the Super Bowl Teaser, used for Earthly distances or short space distance [like between Earth and Moon].

2 - The "Meteors" they turn into in TF1, used mostly for mid-distances [like travelling Pluton to Earth].

3 - Ships, used for warfire and very long distances [like from here to Alpha-Ceuntari].

He was the only survivor of a Decepticon Slaughter, I'm pretty sure someone like Starscream wouldn't stop to look for a ship: He would just run like hell and stop when no Autobot is at sight.

Then run some more.

Similar to the first case [Megatron just saw the freaking GOD OF THE DECEPTCIONS have his face ripped off by Optimus, I would be running away fast too].

Then again, we don't know where they could go [probably to THA MOON some other Solar System Planet].

So I always assumed that they lacked ships in the first one because it seems that the Autobots are scattered across the universe and without contact to each other [and presumably without a ship], as the whole Autobot Army [in the first movie] seemed to be made of five individuals only: Optimus, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide and Bumblebee.

In other words: Their ships were destroyed/lost/taken amidst the war, so they were forced to travel in a less-efficient method.

You can even notice further prove to this when the only Autobot Ship you see is crashed on the Moon, and the Only Decepticon Ships came from the moon too.

7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I think they use the "meteor" forms to avoid being burned up when entering a planet's atmosphere. (In the comics, Jetfire teleported a Mixmaster unit outside the atmosphere, and then he burned up in re-entry)

Starscream and Megatron were able to leave because they had flight-capable modes, but there's nothing that suggests the meteor forms can be used for atmospheric flight. This may be why the Autobots need a shuttle to get out of earth's gravity.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think it's the difference between walking home and borrowing a friend's car.