whatever happened to 'the evil that men do'?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by KA, Jul 9, 2005.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    so i just picked up ish 1,2,3 from a local store. staff claims theres no issue 4.

what gives?

2. RID_Scourge

RID_Scourge Active Member

Kevin Smith was so busy doing movies and so forth, he didn't write the issue yet.

I read quite a while ago on Newsarama that Kevin Smith had said that the issue was coming, and he submitted the script for the issue or something to Marvel.

Since then, I haven't heard anything about it.

3. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Yeah not the only one waiting. Considering how 3 ended wouldn't be surprised they (marvel) wouldn't want to have it finished. Though that guy needs a beat down.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

A few months ago when Joe Quesada ran Newsaram for a week, he did an interview with Kevin Smith. Apparently Kevin just puts everything off if he finds smoething else to do. This is that happened with Black Cat. Then when working on Green Hornet, he was trying to put writing tht off so he actually hammered out 2 issues of Black Cat. That was the last i knew of it.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Damn. I love Kevin Smith's work (both comics and movies), but I really wish he'd make an effort to get issues out in a timely fashion. :( 

6. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I agree, although I'd prefer that Marvel actually wait until the issues are done before soliciting them. Kevin Smith isn't the only one with this problem: Joe Quesada's DAREDEVIL: FATHER got delayed and supposedly the rest will come out this year.

I'm just hoping it actually DOES get completed. There's been a lot of comics I like that haven't been completed:

-Alan Moore's 1963, YOUNGBLOOD, and SUPREME
    -John Byrne's "The Last Galactus Story"
    -QUANTUM AND WOODY
    -Neil Gaiman's MIRACLEMAN run (though I hear that things are already underway to bring it back)
    -HEPCATS
    -Andrew Helfer and Kyle Baker's THE SHADOW
    -Ben Edlund's original TICK series (I know they've been publishing TICK comics in the past couple years, but Edlund left his book on a cliffhanger before he worked on the cartoon and hasn't come back.)

7. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Theres also the rumour taht the higher ups in the Marvel/Sony chain of command didn't like the propsed storyline that Black Cat got raped in issue 4 and canned the series.

8. RID_Scourge

RID_Scourge Active Member

Well, if Kevin Smith gets off his butt and finishes the series, I can guess with some imaginative writing on his part that the "rape" aspect of the story could be turned into something else that the execs would like better. :huh

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    well, a rape incident would definitely fall nicely into the 'evil that men do' theme. even the costumed bad guys had a sense of honor.

im more interested to find out if spidey rescued BC in the nick of time, howd he pull it off since mr brownstone had leverage in his place with the drugs in storage and all.

oh, alternative name for mr brownstone? dr feelgood? XD