Whatever happened to Generations Deluxe Hardhead.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Hardhead was suspose to use the Generations Deluxe Warpath toy mold. With a new Hardhead robot head & colors.

The Asian market didn't grab this cancelled toy. like they did with other cancelled TF toys.

My speculation is that Hasbro releases a Generations deluxe Hardhead using the warpath mold in the 2013 Generations toy line.

2. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Many figures never came out that were speculated. Lugnut had a head remold also.

Maybe in a future 2013 GDO line.

3. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There was never officially a "Hardhead" toy. Any of the stuff based on new heads from instructions are just pure speculation based on clues. Until you see listings in store computers/online dealers or reveals from various conventions, it's best not to expect it.

However, do remember that some of the instruction heads were used for BotCon exclusives, such as Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I was hoping the New head on RTS Lugnut would have turned the mold into G-2 Jhiaxus. I wanna see this in the Hasbro USA 2013 generations toy line. because it will cost under $24. I don't like paying import scalper prices for the Asian GDO toys.

BTW,I gotta know,what is GDO abbreviated for?

5. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    “Global Development Organization."

One thing you need to realize is that toys from previous lines are now much bigger than the standards for the price points in the main lines right now.

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Thanks for the GDO abbreviation info.

I prefer not to buy into this info. As it's been proven wrong in more than one example. the proof that it's wrong is easy to do. just compare all the TF toys that you have on display. measure the robot heights. look at on-line TF toys gallery comparisions pics.

Because their are plenty of Prime toys with bigger scaled robot modes. Rid Vechicon is a bit taller in robot mode compared to FE Vechicon.

2012 FOC Jazz has a very Tall robot mode. I suspect some 2013 FOC Generations deluxes,voyagers & basics will have some tall robot modes. that are in equal height to FE,AEC & Movie verse tall sized toys.

Some of the Rid Prime voyager sized toys are taller in robot mode compared to some DOTM & Animated voyager sized toys. Rid Voyager Megatron,Sarscream & Dreadwing are taller than DOTM Voyager Megatron. their all taller than Animated voyagers like lugnutz,safeguard,bulkhead & wreckgar. Dotm Voyager Shockwave was shorter in robot mode compared to all the Rid Prime Voyager sized toys.

FE & Rid Bulkhead are the same exact height in robot mode.

More examples that the Prime Rid deluxes are not that short in robot mode height. The beastwars deluxes were tiny compared to the AEC deluxes.
    Their were plenty of really short deluxes in the 2008 Animated toy line like Arcee,Swoop,Snarl,Bumblebee,Jazz,sentinel Prime.

Dotm had plenty of small sized deluxe toys like. Skids,air raid,mudflap,walmart deluxe Optimus.

Most of the Rotf & DOTM toys were smaller than the 2007 movie toy. minus the leader sized toys.

Most of the 2008 Animated toys were smaller than the AEC toys.

The Prime Rid Weaponizers $29.99 toys. appear to be the new Ultra size class name with a $4 raise in price. Weaponizers Optimus Prime has the bulk & 8 inxh height of the Classics 2.0 & AEC Ultra sized toys.

2008 Animated leader sized toys were much smaller in robot height. compared to AEC,Movie verse & 2001 Rid super sized leader sized toys.

7. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still holding out hope that we eventually see the scourge remold. It looked like it had potential as either leozack or ratbat, I don't care which really :lol  either would have been awesome.

8. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Which character mold are you referring to?

The only recent Scourge molds I know of are Generations deluxe Scourge.

If I had my way. I'd want Hasbro to repaint the ROTF Voyager sized Mindwipe toy. Into 1986 Scourge colors & give it a newer 1986 Scourge robot head.

9. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This one:
    [​IMG]

what could have been :( 

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Could still happen in 2013 in the Generations toy line.

Or the rest of the new un-used RTS & Generations head sculpts could get used for Botcon 2013 convention toys.

Yeah I think the new head looks like Leozack.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No they aren't.

12. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I agree,I don't know who started this rumor. but it gets a bigger fan base every day.

The proof against this rumor. Is in the the toys themselves. Just measure Eight years worth of TF toys on display shelves to prove this rumor as false.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So what heads are unaccounted for?

Lugnut, Scourge, Hardhead, DotM Laserbeak... which others?

14. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Ok now weigh them. Its never been about measurements. They dont use plastic by the foot, its always about weight and cost of the materials.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those spare heads are there so TFCC can lower their remolding budget.:) 

16. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As of right now there is no confirmation of this figure ever being produced and released in the future.

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I hope for the repaint in 2013 as well as for Generations Skywarp.

Please? Pretty please?

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It went the way of Generations Rumble.

19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I sincerely hope that it ISN'T Hardhead. First, we got an excellent ultra class Hardhead already. Second, if they are gonna reuse that mold, I'd rather they get Gutcruncher or Treads from it. Wait, was there a tank as part of Liokaiser?

20. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The 2008 animated Deluxes & basic sized activators were super light thin plastic toys similiar to the 2012 TF Prime Deluxes & smaller toys.

The Beastwars deluxes & basics were also short in height,light in weight toys.
    when they switched over to transmetals 1 & 2,the deluxe & basics toys got really small & extremely light

I'm am a mild level customizer. I take apart Transformers toys all the time.
    I was amazed & floored how simplistic the insides of the Animated deluxes were. no inner gears,no inner pressured springs. no nothing,but hollow insides.

Other Transformers toy lines from AEC,Movie verse,Classics,Generations,RTS, HFTD. Have deluxe sized toys with more complicated insides. with springs,gears. Compared to the 2008 Animated toys.