Customs: Whatever happened to Boombox?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Methusalen, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I noticed that there hasn't been much interest in the joint venture between Reprolabels & Sculpt-bot lately... While I'm not exactly a poster child for kitbashing/repainting here (or anywhere for that matter), I thought I'd check to see if there were any kind of updates or advancement in the project...

I recall Delta had shown some artwork for the reprolabel side of things, and Sculpt-bot had a completed head which he was going to start casting... I was curious to know if the project was just on hiatus, or if there was just no interest in it anylonger?

Needless to say, I have a PowerUp VT6 sitting on my desk, waiting for a coat of paint, stickers, & a new head... I know there was a lot of interest in this before, but it's been a while since anything'd been brought up about it... Is there anyone else still interested in making TFW's mascot Boombox? Enough so that there's a reason to get the ball rolling again?

-Edit: OK, my PowerUp isn't headless... In fact, right now; he's wearing a K.O. Superion head on his own head... looks kinda cute really... like a little, chibified TF...

2. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I am now designing a totally brand new set for Redline to be printed by Reprolabels which are almost done. So far for what I have done, both Redline and Tony both really like what they see, so that's a good thing. I was hoping to be done with them this week but this week has turned out a bit cray to say the least. One thing I have did without showing any spoilers is that the song listing for the display now showcases one of Tony Bacala's own mixed song titles.

So in answer to your question, the project is VERY much alive!

-Gregg

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I was hoping that this'd be the case! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us then!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yah, dont worry if it was cancelled or whatever we'd tell you.

5. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sweetness. :)  This gets me all excited and giddy. Sqwweeee... :) 

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Heh. I've been wondering the same thing - I don't normally leave things in their boxes, but I've done that for my future Boombox.