What you think of Transformers Universe Toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Nov 5, 2009.

?

what you think?

1. Its Awesome

81.8%
  2. its Ok

16.4%
  3. IT SUCKS!!!!!!

1.8%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Sorry if there was already a thread of this, anyway i was wondring what u think of universe toyline?, so Vote, Its ok for me i dont like it to muvh but its good :)  i dont liek the toyline to much but i have to agree that it have some great figures :)  (like cyclonus, prowl, Smokescreen), VOTE

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I love the line! I only own 3 figures (and 1 is a repaint :lol ) from that line so, I'm not sure if that makes my opinion valid.

3. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only own Powerglide and Inferno, and got them for the price of an ultra, but I wouldn't mind picking up some of the deluxes I missed out on like Cyclonus, Hound and Sideswipe.

4. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Too little Decepticons and very little original Voyager molds. I certainly hope they can do more this time.

5. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

second best line after classics and followed by animated.

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Classics/Universe/Henkei is THE best toy line we've EVER gotten. Some of the re-paints from Universe aren't the greatest, but I mostly get the Henkei versions anyway. Some of the re-paints fit the whole "classics" thing VERY well though.

7. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed although I always considered Universe on the whole to be an extension of Classics, that was until they started re-releasing just about every Cybertron figure they could lay their hands on.

The original moulds of Universe: Prowl, Sideswipe, Octane, Onslaught, Dinobot etc were good.

Not all Cybertron repaints were bad though Predacon Bruticus, Springer, Roadbuster were great

8. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I actually like it more than classics in part because it puts to use some of the molds that could really use a fresh coat of paint (so to speak). I pretty much buy any Universe figure I don't have on site (and some that I do have >_>'). I personally think that Hasbro should run Universe at all times even if they slum it down to just repaints for a little while to focus on the "main line" (they can always kick it back up to new molds later on).

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    its awesome

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Classicsverse? Best line out right now (or kind of out right now). I own nearly all of the new mold deluxes and voyagers (mostly, I'm just missing exclusives I think).

But the line isn't perfect. The Cybertron repaints are an all out pass for me. The only one I probably would get would have been Vector Prime, but I never once saw it at retail (and I don't desire it that much to order it online). I want repaints of worthwhile Cybertron molds, like Metroplex.

I don't care for the Ultra class molds, no matter the paint scheme. And the Legends class only makes me want to have those characters done in Deluxe sized molds (Jazz, Brawn, Beachcomber...).

In short, Classicsverse is great. Got me back into toy collecting, and back into TFs. But I'm not going to lie, there's a fair deal to be desired.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's not perfect but it's the toyline I've wanted since I got back into collecting with RiD. My fav TF line by far.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Classics Universe is great- figures I actually look forward to.
    I don't care for Energon or other lines repained and passed off as G1's tho.

If I can find anything wrong, it's Silverbolt: from what I understand it's not built for Superion assembly.

I would hope that they "remedy" this type of stuff in the future.

And I am still hoping for a G1 Devastator re-do.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure how Universe is being defined for the purposes of the poll, but I love the new molds provided via Classics/Universe. For the purposes of my collection, I don't consider the repaints as the 'Classics' version of older characters from that line but Cybertron repaints (since it's Cybertron molds that are being used at the moment) that we never got while the Cybertron line was up and running (the Voyager Blaster toy is my Cybertron Blaster, not my Classics Blaster, and I'm just fine with that). I don't mind the repaints as long as they look good. Some, for me, have, and I bought them. Others haven't interested me at all.

15. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics/universe is my most favorite line of all time and will be the ONLY line to never leave my shelves.

16. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if it wasn't for all the early repaints...
    For me, it's ok.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    And? If you've heard anything about ROTF Devastator then you'll know how difficult it is to make modern day combiners with individual robot modes too. Silverbolt's a good toy. Kinda basic and simple but still good. I'd rather have a good Silverbolt toy than a crappy or expensive Superion.

Besides, a Superion would need four limbs too. I wouldn't want four existing deluxes scrapped in favor of creating four different Autobot jets.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For the most part, it's awesome.

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I voted for "IT SUCKS!!!" only because it leaves my pocket empty, and me wanting more. Henkei special editions, Fansproject upgrades, all the must haves have drained my wallet. And when it goes on a break, I start to think about all the cool figures like Jazz, Blitzwing, Insecticons, Soundwave that I still want from the line, and I nerdrage. Cant wait for the next round.

Oh yea, and I have to mention the kick-ass Roadbuster upgrade from Nanobot, well worth the price.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Cheetor, Dinobot, Galvatron, and Hot Shot.

I would have rather gotten Aerialbots instead of those four.