What you Think of Transformers animated toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Nov 11, 2009.

?

wha t u think?

1. its awesome

77.5%
  2. its ok

16.9%
  3. it socks

5.6%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i made one of universe toyline so i was thinking of a what you guys think of animated toyline? so what u think of this toyline?, If you ask me, I HATE IT, VOTE :p  WTF I TYPED SOCK instand of sucks in the poll XD lol sry XD, i hate the line but i do still buy figs but not that many i only have 5 animated figs lol

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my head hurts....anyways, the animated toy line is absolute greatness......anyone who says otherwise must be blind or got dropped on their head a lot as a kid. the figures look like their character models and can transform, hell a lot of the transformation scemes are absolute ingenius. I love universe, but animated was the better line, hell animated was/is better than the majority of movie figures.......haters don't know what they are talking better.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ What gc said.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I can understand if english isn't your first language but...I mean, a little coherence would be appreciated, that just looks like someone trying to butcher spelling.

Anyways, Animated=the best TF line ever.

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

While I like some of the other aesthetics more I agree that TF Animated is overall the best line we have ever received.
    On a figure to figure comparison to other lines a few fall short but most of the others more than make up for the ones that can't quite get the grade.

One of it's strongest features is that it doesn't rely to heavily on any one gimmick (other than signature weapons, which quite frankly is AWESOME).

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

No offense, but are you dyslexic? You need an option for "more than freakin' awesome", cos that's what Animated is.

7. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah, but i was only thinknig of awesome, ok and suck :/ to bad i cant edit polls :/

8. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i fixed my spelling :p 

9. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

i never collected animated, only because my budget can only afford one line. but i really appreciated the aesthetics of the line.

10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Its ok

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's awesome. Plain and simple.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Animated gets a big "meh" from me. Nothing wrong with it, really. Just not my thing. If that's what people are into, then that's what people are into.

At least it didn't interfere with the Universe line like RotF did.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I LOVE Animated, but (please don't jump me in a dark ally) the Movie stuff is better.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The only thing that sucks about the Animated toy line is so many figures will go unmade. I wish Hasbro would throw in a Ramjet before the line is over. If not then I will just have to settle with my custom, whenever I get around to finishing it. The figures show just how far Hasbro and Tommy/Takara have come since G1. Lockdown still amazes me when I look at him. I remember when we first saw pictures of him and was wondering how he could transform into that car.

Sure at first I hated the designs but after seeing the pictures of the figures and the cartoon I feel in love with the series. At least I didn't wait to decide to buy the figures at the last minute like I did with the first movie, that really hurt my budget and savings in the long run.

15. CaptainChunk

CaptainChunk I bought it for my kids..

Ebay:
    There's a couple iffy figures but overall it's a fantastic line, and is what brought me back to collecting after over 15 years away.

16. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I don't think socks are an adjective, so I picked awesome.

Simply because of Wingblade Prime and Leader Megatron. :D 

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I appreciated it because it was 1: a new series 2: had a lot of classic writers and homages, and 3: didn't suck.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was charmed a great deal with this line. Some figures I didn't like at all at first have grown on me a great deal to become some of my favorites (namely Lockdown).

Screen Accuracy: A (I don't know how much better they could look unless the damn things transformed themselves and spoke...the only issue is scale, and that's mainly relegated to Lugnut and Bumblebee)
    Vehicle Modes: B (pretty good but not many grabbed my eye in vehicle mode besides Megatron, Lockdown, Prowl and the Seekers)
    Complexity of Transformation: A (nice balance between complexity and simplicity)
    "Playability": A (All the above combine to make a pretty fun toy which doesn't make me want to bang my head against a wall wondering why something's such a pain in the ass to transform or why it's so small)

Overall: A
    Fun toys with only a couple duds for me. The line seems far more kid friendly to me, which makes me sad it apparently didn't sell well enough. The line ending prematurely without many of the show's mainstays like the Constructicons and Omega Supreme getting toys makes me sad. Plus I'd much rather have a simple repaint like Cliffjumper or Ramjet than seeing Waspinator get a release.

20. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    This line was a big breath of fresh air after having Movie 1 for so long. It brought something unique to Transformers, with fun toys all around. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it had to end so soon, with so many great potential characters going unmade.