What You think of ROTF Toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Nov 11, 2009.

?

what you think?

1. its Awesome

35.2%
  2. its ok

48.5%
  3. it Sucks

9.7%
  4. BEST TOYLINE EVER IN THE HISTORY

4.2%
  5. WORST TOYLINE EVER IN THE HISTORY!!

2.4%
  1. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    I bought Sideswipe and Sideways in the initial release, and didn't purchase another movie figure until I finally saw Leader Prime and Jetfire together. Even that I did begrudgingly because I wanted to wait for a repaint of leader Prime.

I hate buying figures I already have, even if they are updated and better. I just don't see a point to having two Ironhide's, a ton of Bumblebees, or anything like that. The Twins never interested me much (only mildly interesting in the Ice Cream Truck variation, which should've been released first), the Arcee Twins and Devestator I decided against the moment I saw them in the movie. I've been meaning to pick up leader Megatron, but I haven't been able to coerce myself into blowing the money on him. Bludgeon's the only other character I'm interested in at the moment. I've got the Deluxe and I'm still waiting for the Voyager to come in from China.

Anyway I'd say it's okay because the other answers are rather extreme. Some figures have been impressive, others haven't, and overall it's just been more of the same. A lot more.

2. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I was disappointed with Sideswipe but I really enjoy some of the scouts. I really like Thrust. I will most likely purchase Leader Prime on Black Friday. I am really excited about Bludgeon. I like the line more than the first movie.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm having fun with the movie line. I'm only collecting movie characters (until bludgeon and his friends show up) and same-character repaints (ratchet, ironhide), so I'm not buying a whole lot, which I'm also enjoying as it doesnt require spending much money.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

It's not one of my favorites, but still a good solid toy line overall.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ehh, it's okay. There's some fugly-ass stuff in it but I've found a few to keep me happy, mostly the Scouts and Legends. Just like with BayFormers '07 I've ended up buying more than I originally intended to, but it's not the end of the world. I'd have probably bought more figures if it hadn't been BayFormers and just a normal TF line though.
    Actually, I seem to be finding more of the Universe and Animated figures I didn't get a chance to buy first time around. I've not been actively searching for them but just coming across them in stores while nosing about. Best of all, because they're not the current lines they've been much cheaper too.
    So, ROTF has been useful in distracting people away from spotting the non-BayFormers figures so I can nab them, so for that I thank it. :) 

6. Nightslash12345

Nightslash12345 Member

(you already know lol, but) I think it is the BEST EVER XD lol

7. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    I put OK. Leader Prime is cool, and I think the Human Alliance figures are the saving grace of the line, but most figures are just meh. I don't think the movie characters translate well to toys.

8. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the ROTF toyline is ok. Some of the figures are awesome on its own right. The awesome figures that come to mind is obviously the Leader Class Prime and the deluxe class Sideswipe... And the Human Alliance series is good enough too, but with some minor flaws.. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with what Hasbro has done for their ROTF toyline...

9. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    There is some great stuff, some good stuff, and some bad stuff. Not as good as Animated though.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The vehicle modes are just fanatic, but then I look at the bot mode on the back of the package and I put the toy back on the shelf. The robot modes just lack that spark or magic that would make me want the figure. I don't know they just seem like ugly lumps of plastic with no personality compared to their butt kicking vehicle modes.

I don't mind passing on them because it's been a rough year when it comes to money. Still I do rather hate the way it's been movie toys or nothing. I'll be lot happier when we get something that seems like armored knights from Cybertron instead of the movie's zombie robot look.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    lol i tohught there woudl be more awesome votes than ok votes lol o hwell

12. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

From what I know lets see :

Pros : individual constructicons are awesome
    : retooled ironhide is great
    : leader class optimus
    : leader starscream
    : lots of other figures
    : the new ratchet ... I haven't got it yet, i saw it on a thread of january releases, the ratchet looks completely retooled, with a much more accurate robot mode

cons : unimpressive devastator toy
    : the fallen's 'cybertronian mode
    : kibble in jetfire
    : megatron's leader is once again, nothing compared to optimus'

I vote :OK

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same pattern as any other line, really:

- A half-dozen toys that are generally well-liked by everyone,
    - A half-dozen toys that are generally not liked by anyone,
    - About half of the remaining toys pretty solid, creative, and interesting,
    - The other half of the remaining toys pretty 'meh'.

And, lest we forget, a handful of uber-supporters on one side and a handful of uber-detractors on the other side who battle with one another for the entire duration of the line, as if they will ever actually change their perspective. :lol 

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I pretty much like the line pretty well besides a few that just have weird designs that /i don't care like Rampage, Breakaway, and Blazemaster. Would've voted awesome but Supreme Devs brought down to ok

15. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I like the Human alliance line a lot and maybe leader Starscream. But outside of that, not much.

Still wish there was a leader Blackout.

Actually my attention went to the masterpiece and Alternaty lines.