What You think of ROTF Toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Nov 11, 2009.

?

what you think?

1. its Awesome

34.8%
  2. its ok

48.8%
  3. it Sucks

9.8%
  4. BEST TOYLINE EVER IN THE HISTORY

4.3%
  5. WORST TOYLINE EVER IN THE HISTORY!!

2.4%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i just made an what you think of animated toys thread Mintues ago. i wanted to make this one in a few weeks but i could not wait cuz I WANTED TO DO one of rotf, This is my last what u think of thread But i will make anotehr one in the future (TF3 and new TF Show line), so VOTE, for ME THIS IS THE BEST TOYLINE EVER!!!!!, Vote lol

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I don't think it is the best, ever...but to each there own, like whatever you want, man

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's good, definitely not perfect, but not bad. I currently have seven figures from the line, and have a decent amount I still want to get, lol. I'm still looking forward to Universe returning next year though. It's nice to get away from the movie styling for at least a little while.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I voted 'BEST TOY LINE IN HISTORY'. I love it :D 

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based ont he figures I have, I'd say it's good. It's better than okay, but not quite awesome.

Yet.

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    It's pretty good, with its dark spots. Not really on the poll though.

Oh, and what you think of grammar?

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really, really, like it so far. Some molds for returning characters have been redone in super-screenaccurate ways (Prime, Starscream, BB), and others have gotten solid upgrades. I like how HasTakis experimenting with a lot of new things. Breakaway and the scouts are examples of impressive originality, and many new characters have gotten very good first offerings. The only thing which I have disliked about the line so far is the often lack of paint apps. I would not mind paying $5 extra for a figure with more paint, but I see where they're coming from.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I like the RotF line in the fact that it gave my wallet some chance to fatten up (or in hindsight, put money into savings that I've been needing since I lost my job).

That said, there are a few gems in there. Leader OP without a doubt. I snagged up Voyager Starscream pre-release too. Great figure, but now I'm wishing I had any amount of patience for the Leader fig coming out soon. Bludgeon is a definite buy to be displayed on my Classicsverse shelf. And Deluxe Sideswipe, but mostly because I have plans to re-shell that Corvette onto another figure to create a Classicsverse Tracks.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is alright, there are some great figures, but there is no way in hell it is even close to the universe/classic and animated lines (as a whole)

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I heart it.

11. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Like Animated I think this line is awesome. It is a lot better than the first movie figures and some of them are really good too. Sure there are some bad figures but every line has one, or a lot. One of the things I really like about it is some of the odd robot modes like Demolishor, Arcee, and Chromia. The transformations are a little more complex which on some figures is a drawback but on others a plus, like Leader Optimus Prime which is probably the best Prime if not best figure ever. Probably the biggest downsides are that too much comes out at one time and the line will probably drag on for a little too long for most collectors. Other than that, awesome but not the best line ever.

12. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    its not particularly good but its better than the RID series :) 

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not "Best Ever" but generally awesome, despite a few bad figures.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Had there been the rest of the constructicons (Hightower, Scrapper, Overload), a PROPER devastator, more kitchen Bots, better arms for Blazemaster, Leader Blackout/Grindor, Leader Bonecrusher, HAs for every car character, it definitely would have been the best ever as far as I'm concerned

*crosses fingers we'll get some of these in the TF3 line*

15. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

I just picked up Deluxe Mudflap....I was OMG..a friggin' rubix based transformer! Some of the Movie series designs are good...some are lame and some...waste of money. I'd give the ROTF a A- its not pefect but its good.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    All lines are hit and miss, and subject to many opinions, and Im actually suprised there hasn't been much bashing in this thread.....yet. While I think it is a lot better than the first movie line, a lot of the figures somehow don't do it for me the more I look at them. Dig the Human Alliance (although I hope Barricade looks better in person). Think that the deluxe twins and ICT turned out pretty well, as well as Leader Prime and Voyager Longhaul. I also think the early gallery of Leader Starscream looks incredible. But at the same time, there have been a lot of misses. I think most of them can be blamed on the movie designs rather than the toy, but there just seem to be too many little flaws that get to me, and I just want a good Leader Megatron someday. This one just looks goofier and goofier with the gimp hand.

17. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    'Tis pretty cool. Any line that brings me new Legends is a-ok in my book.

18. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Movie line is what got me back into TFs, and while I wouldn't say "best line ever," it's definitely had it's ups and downs. The shining crown jewel, Leader Optimus, is one of the most brilliantly engineered Transformers to date. ROTF toys have definitely improved from the first movie, and I only have high hopes for the third movie.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the line a great deal.

Screen Accuracy: B (not a jab at the toy designers at all, since I think the Movie designs are practically impossible to nail down exactly...they do the best with what they can given transformation and scale issues)
    Vehicle Modes: A (even the figures I don't like look good in vehicle mode)
    Complexity of Transformation: A+ if you like complex Transformer toys and rubix cube-like figures in some instances...D if you don't like that degree of complexity.
    "Playability": C (spring-loaded stuff and gimmicks for the kids, though I'm still not sure how many kids would describe the transformation part, the main gimmick of transforming toys, as 'fun')

Overall: B+
    Solid line whose gems, for me, greatly outshine the duds. If I wanted to play with these toys (I only display mine), I sure wouldn't pick these ones though. The biggest drawback for me, as an adult collector, is the lack of all characters in the film getting toys. The Animated cartoon being canceled and nixing the corresponding toy line is one thing...getting stuck with Blazemaster or Stratosphere at the expense of Scrapper or Elita One/Third Cycle Sister is a little irritating for a line that's been a boon for Hasbro.

20. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

My vote is that it's awesome for toys like StarScream, Sideswipe, and many others that I love and adore for the complexity of their transformations. Leadre Optimus Prime is very much loved as well simply for being my favorite toy in a while, though I have a feeling Leader Star Scream may take the cake.

If only they could release an accurate Soundwave and Megatron. Seriously, why is there no accurate Megatron?!