What you think FIRST EDITION Means?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by eagc7, Jul 25, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    In pictures of the Prime toyline Box we see that it have written FIRST EDITION on the box but So far we dont know what it does mean. So What you think it may mean?

It is the first edition of the toy, or something ELSE?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must be the fact it's the first waves or something, IDK, all I know is that the box claims the robots come with DISPLAY STANDS and that is AWESOME.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My guess is that we will expect several re-releases of these molds in the next few years.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    It's used for the first wave, which I understand is to predate the main line by some months. I may well be wrong in that understanding (as always, if someone knows better, I'm happy to be corrected - knowledge is power and all that), but that's what I've come to understand.

What throws me off is the Voyagers. Prime and Bulkhead both bear the 'First Edition' logos. Are they being bumped up to December? Or are they simply stating that they're the first wave, and come out with the main line (in which case I hope it's not too presumptuous to suggest there's a bit of a disconnect between that and it's deluxe use)?

Of course it could simply be that it means it's their 'first go', and subsequently the figures aren't the final attempts (with a voyager starscream coming, this is possible. I wonder if they'll attempt Arcee and Bee again in later waves. I'd be keen to see what they do better second time around.)

5. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

maybe they're like the movies "preview wave" :p 
    or I dunno...
    and btw, anybody knows how are those stands?

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't think they're predating the line at all. Wave one of deluxes and wave one of voyagers are supposed to premiere at the same time. At least that's what I thought.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I don't think we've had a pic. (Although there's been so many I may have missed them.)

I wonder whether they're just plain stands, or more interesting.

You may be right. A glance at the wiki seems to indicate that wave one in general hits in december and the subtitle is little more than a 'wave one' subtitle. I'd presumed Prime wasn't coming proper till Spring 2012.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The display stand is just a simple piece of cardboard.
    [​IMG]

I think First Edition is used to separate repaints and sub-lines; I think they just ran out of names to give the dozen repaints, for example Allspark Edition, Premium Edition, NEST Edition, HFD Edition, MechTech Edition, and etc.

I wonder what the first sub-line to Prime will be?

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, the only difference I can see between the "first editions" and the regular release is going to be that display stand, and MAYBE the packaging since it's not usually designed with such a large window for just Voyagers. Since I don't really care about the display stand (unless it it epic like Titanium display stands), I could go with either First Edition or later releases.

But if I see First Edition Bulkhead, I will beat the ever-loving crap out of ANYBODY who tries to tear him from my hands, because I want him something fierce.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It's attempted collector-bait. First-editions of books are always sought after. Like if I had a first edition of Moby Dick, or even Harry Potter, that'd be worth something.

We've become accustomed to Hasbro's habits of redoing characters, so some collectors might postpone a purchase or think "I'll wait to see what the voyager looks like". What Hasbro are doing here means, even if they end up redoing this Bumblebee multiple times to the point where this current toy looks clumsy and primitive, it will still have value as the 'first edition'.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Marketing lingo--First Edition = More $$ :) 

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Remember how there's supposed to be a "Preview" wave of Prime figures this year before the Spring(was it spring?) Launch in 2012?

I wouldn't be surprised of Voyager Optimus and Bulkhead was also part of that "Preview" wave, if they have First Edition slapped onto them. That's my guess on this First Edition thing.

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I'm hoping it means they'll arrive earlier than expected, like August-October window (like originally planned >:l ) but I'm probably wrong. Like others I agree that it's just a title.

14. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    January/February at the soonest.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I dunno about that. A lot of the figures looked like production samples. Also consider just how much they showed us. They acknowledge that DOTM is continuing in 2012, but they didn't really show us anything beyond 2011 other than EVAC.

At the slideshow they went through images from the first few waves of TFP, before they get to the work-in-progress prototypes, where it says 2012 preview. Does this mean that everything before then is scheduled for 2011? Not necessarily, but we shall see.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper wave is in December along with delicious Voyager Optimus.

That's all I care about for 2011.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think it means an earlier release by a little bit. Maybe a few weeks like a preview wave? Who knows? Also, why did no one ask at SDCC?

18. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

thanks, I didn't knew how to say "carton" in english (now I know it's cardboard :p  i was trying to ask if that is confirmed :p )

19. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the first edition toys are the ones originally designed for Generations.

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Weren't these guys supposed to be released in July to preview the line, which would come out in full at the beginning of December? I'm guessing that fell out thanks to movie toys, and these guys, as well as their packaging, got pushed to December with the rest of the toys.