What x-men spinoffs would you like too see?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Since hollywood is shoving down x-men spinoff movies(starting with wolverine and magneto) down are throughts I'd like too see your top five you'd like too see mine:
    #1.Colossus-Feel like we didn't get enough of him yet sence all hes been is a mind-less brute
    #2.Nightcrawler-Whould like too see where this guy went off too since he just magical dissaper from the second one
    #3.Beast-I love this guy hes my favorite x-men(that is the cat version of him)
    #4.Iceman-It be cool too explore with this guy abit more with him now being able to turn into his solid ice-form and they can get more envolved with his relationship with rouge
    #5.Gambit-Maybe sorta like a sequal to wolverine since hes in it apperantly shows what happens too him during X-men 1-3

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Fixed!

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

You missed his use of "too" instead of "to." Twice.

I'd like to see an EXiles or Longshot spinoff, but they'd never do them, and they wouldn't make sense at this point anyway... so I'll vote for Shadowcat instead.

4. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

If you're going to be particular about fixing someone else's grammar, perhaps you should make sure that your "fixes" are correct, as well.

Sense? Wrong. Since? Correct!

Back on topic, I think the X-films have already run their course. I was sorely disappointed with the last film, and really don't have much hope for a Wolverine or Magneto solo film. I think they should just let them be as they are.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I will try harder next time!

And I agree, I'm not really excited about this franchise anymore.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    After the debacle that was X3, I'd rather just see a reboot of the movie franchise.

7. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I as well I agree that its stupid to milk to death this series but iceman is already being talked about and I belive a comple more are too.F##king hollywood!

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just want to see an x-men movie that has someone other than wolverine as a/the primary character.

x1: A bunch of wolverine, he is popular, but at least other characters had screentime

x2: Ok, a plot that revolves around wolverine. What about the other interesting characters?

x3: Kill more characters so they can spend more time with wolverine on camera, wtf?

Wolverine movie: enough already

Magneto movie: Will somehow involve wolverine

Gambit: Could be interesting, too bad it'll have wolverine in it

x3 beast prior to him working with the government: There's a LOT of potential for this character. But, even though wolverine didn't know him prior to x3, it'll somehow involve wolverine in the story.

Nightcrawler: A cool character with a kick ass power, but his past honestly doesn't seem interesting enough to make a movie out of unless they involve wolverine

What I REALLY wanna see, isn't a spin-off though. Make an x-men movie, that doesn't involve wolverine, or give him a small role, maybe have him join the x-men at the VERY end of the movie. Afterall, wolverine did not start the x-men. The only problem with this, is that it'd mean a reboot of the movie series, which they don't seem to be prepared to do.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how Hollywood is "shoving them down our throats", unless I missed some memo saying that we'll all be forced to watch Magneto, Wolverine and Toad: The Journey Begins...or whatever else they come up with.

Anyway, I thought all three X-Men films were terrible, with the third being slightly more interesting, so I'd prefer to stay away from that 'core' as much as possible with any sequel. What I'd like to see...

(1) Age of Apocalypse (trilogy) - Sticking to the original, '90s story.
    (2) Exiles
    (3) Reboot of the X-Men 'core' franchise...but keep Patrick Stewart and Kelsey Grammar.
    (4) Cable - Set in the far future, with no time travel until at least the first sequel.
    (5) X-Men: Wolverine Force - The supremely powerful mutant Proteus is threatening the very fabric of reality. The only ones who can stop him? A team composed entirely of different versions of Wolverine from alternate realities! Starring Sean Connery as Proteus and Hugh Jackman as virtually every other character in the movie.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    gambit in n'awlins.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just want to see a film where Cyclops isn't treated like shit.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cyclops deserves to be treated like shit :p 

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

But then it wouldn't be true to the comics!

14. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    ugh, x-men has been run into the ground. i agree with prisoner, we got way too much wolverine. i was joking with my friends after X2 that they'd kill off cyclops since he's become pretty much useless to the movie story, talk about foresight. they killed off the leader of the x-men. ugh. anyway, they wouldn't need to reboot, just make a movie a true ensemble cast (think LOTR where everyone was pretty important not just one character). i don't like the spin-offs, we already got wolverine the movie.

15. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Agreed hes a total d**k

16. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Ditto.

And sadly Wolverine looks to be following the X-3 look and feel.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I really don't see spin-offs working very well. I'd prefer a reboot. Start with the original five expand from there. Otherwise, for a direct sequel I wouldn't mind the X3 team, but remove Wolverine and return Cyclops to lead.

18. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:

NOW it's fixed
    Except for the utter lack of punctuation that I didn't add.

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I'll drink to that, even if I don't have a problem with the first two movies despite who their focused on.

And....
    For Arguments Sake:
    Technically, depending on what characters they choose as "important" (hopely Wolverine isn't one of them), they could do three origin stories and put them into one movie, assuming this is all they focus on. They could do an origin story for characters like Magneto and Charles Xavier and put it into one movie (presumably with the running time of X2 or LOTR). Or in terms of movieverse, do an origin story on Cyclops, Storm, and Jean and put into one movie.
    End of "For Arguments Sake."

As for spin offs? No thanks, they interest me about as much as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

20. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

What is with the title for the Wolverine movie? "X-Men Origins: Wolverine?" Really?

Wouldn't "Wolverine: Weapon X" have been much better? Oh yeah, movie execs are dumb and profit-mongers.