What would you want to see in the new Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paxtin, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Optimus Prime is one of the most iconic transformers, and at the same time one who has gone through many different visual interpretations.
    With every new transformers series, comes a new version of the character. What do you think, or would want to see in a future version of Optimus Prime?

I thought this might make for an interesting topic.
    Since this is the toy thread, I'm talking strictly visuals and toy gimmicks here. Not character fiction.
    Would he just be a straight forward transformer, or would he have some crazy awesome gimmicky design?
    What would his alt-mode be? Would he be some new scifi design of a large truck like in Galaxy force/Cybertron, or something you'd more likely see in real life?

I'm interested in seeing what you'd come up with.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    A semi truck would be nice. Red cab, blue frame and axle section. Maybe throw a dump bed on him to mix it up. I always thought animated would come out with a Dump Truck Prime, since he kind of was one in the Wreck-Gar episode.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Animated Optimus was kind of a all-purpose truck in the show.
    Though officially they'd always refer to his alt-mode as a firetruck.

4. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

i would really like to see prime close to what he was for his rotf leader mold but it would be cool if he had some kind of super mode and gimmic were he can rool on his own and that would lead into the transformation like the big animated prime did. also have his guns tf out of his gas tanks and smokestacks like voyager rotf prime. that would be eipc and i would buy it.

5. Maloknazh

Maloknazh @MalwareSculpts

Ebay:
    Thats a good question. I myself would like to see a color change up, kinda like the Movie Prime with the flames to create the red, but something less subtle. Maybe like a Red body, but Blue and silver limbs. Something along those lines.

And a gun. I didnt really dig the Animated armguns in place of physical objects to hold.

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'd like to see anything but this on his robot mode:
    [​IMG]

7. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :horse: 

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    a jet of some sort, give prime some altitude mode once.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    A triple changer as a semi and a cargo plane.

Robot mode can be like Cybertron Optimus and/or Animated Wingblade Optimus with a melee weapon and gun(s).

10. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

headmaster prime.

actually i want to see a return of the headmasters in general. they were cool, and with the level of balljointed detail we have these days there could be some really cool heads + transformations. we're due a new gestalt line imo.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If we are talking about for the movie, basically a retool of the current mold. Maybe a different head-sculpt, his transformable gun, crisper paint apps, and make his swords slide out intead of swing out.

If we are talking a new series, I would like to see a revised G1 Prime. More articulation, better paint apps, just a new mold that keeps enough of the original G1 Prime to feel like it is just an updated version.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The toy never actually did that though. I think it would have been kinda cool if it did.
    I still kinda wanted a Animated Prime that had his grapple launchers.

That's what the Jet autobots Wingsaber/Jetfire/God Ginrai are for. :thumb 

We had that, it was called Masterpiece.

I'm talking completely new design here.

In retrospect, I probably should have made the title "A new Prime" rather then "the".
    Seems some may have thoguht I meant the next movie Prime figure. I just ment a new Prime in general.

13. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

A truck resembling movie Prime's, a Peterbilt 379. It would be camo green, armor plated, and towing a missile trailer.

Robot mode would essentially be G1 Primes, with more guns (the trailer combines with him).

For someone who hates the movie designs so much, you seem pretty obsessed with them.

14. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

isn't this pretty much masterpiece prime?

a 'masterpiece' voyager-sized line would be very cool indeed.

15. editnis

editnis Well-Known Member

thats a great idea, lets make it able hold on some LED weapons and trans autobot guns that would be awesome, and lets say it can break down into pieces where we can store it on his body.

16. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It basically is, but at least it would be affordable and if it could start a whole line like that, it would work out great. And since I couldn't afford the Masterpiece Prime, it would be new to me.

I mean, who wouldn't want a new "masterpiece" voyager-sized Megatron?

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think Optimus is the one thing you really shouldn't mess too much with. Pick a slightly different model of truck, change proportions and brightness/darkness of his paint scheme, Give him longer/shorter antennae, smoke stacks, etc. These are the sort of things you can get away with changing. So long as he's still recognisably Optimus, and so long as it looks good.

Optimus is one of those core things that even people outside the fandom can relate to, and I don't think there's anything to be gained by going back to the drawing board and starting from scratch.

What I'd like to see in the immediate future is a return of the trailer. There can be no topping the current Leader Optimus mold. So if it were up to me, TF3 Leader Optimus would be a smaller scale version of the same truck that now combines with a trailer. Powermaster Prime. Pretty simple.

18. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Bumblethumper gives a good point about how they shouldn't mess with Prime's design too much. You asked what we would like to see in a new Prime, and I said a new G1-esque Prime. It would be a new mold with a new transformation, paint scheme, and a new-but-same-old-Optimus look.

19. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I was always very fond of the GI Joe vs designs. WWII GI Joe Prime from the cancelled Dreamwave series was one design I thought looked incredible. However, the 20's gangster truck Prime from GI Joe vs 2 was my absolute favorite non-toy design ever, one I would adore seeing in plastic.

Google them.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

lol fine if that's how you want to play it. But I'm talking about a new design overall, not a rehash of what has been.