What would you think if Starscream was bigger than Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    This sprung to mind when I was thinking of a design for Starscream. Because Starscream is an F-22 they had to compensate by making him wider but unless his Cybertronian jet was as big as an F-22 he could easily have been taller instead of wider.

2. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I would like it if he was roughly the same height as Megatron, but not taller than him. I feel that if Starscream was a bit taller, he wouldn't be so wide and hunched over. Megatron should still have more gerth, and muscle than Starscream though, seeing that he is the leader.... But still movie Starscream looks like he could fight Megatron, and possibly win against him.

3. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    It would suck if Screamer was larger than Megatron. Megatron is supposed to be the big badass Decepticon, not his cowardly supposed 2nd-in-command.
    Now if Soundwave was slightly bigger, then I'd be satisfied. That way, he could've been a little more of a challenge for Bumblebee instead of being pummeled and killed like a random Protoform.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, for some people, you can bet that Starscream being larger than Megatron would result in thread-upon-thread of rage and claiming that it's a bastardization of his character. You know, because "height" is such a compelling part of his character.

But on a serious note, I don't think I would've minded (minded? mind? mound? whatever.) if Starscream was larger. Especially if Starscream was only slightly taller. It would've been cool to have a scene (if this were the case) where Starscream straightens his legs and stands as tall as he can and just frickin' towers over Megatron, to show the difference between his "cowardly hunched stance" and him standing in all of his glory. But in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. He's roughly the same size as Megatron anyway.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering Megatron spent two movies with a Cybertronian alt mode you'd think he'd not have a limit on his size and they wouldn't have needed to hunch up Starscream to make him smaller than Megatron in robot mode. But then Megatron had to fight Optimus, who was limited by having to fit into his truck alt mode size. So it's kinda Optimus' fault that Starscream ended up hunched and wide because Optimus' size meant Megatron's size had to be limited too.

That said, a Megatron much bigger than both Optimus and Starscream would've been perfectly fine with me. In the first movie Optimus was getting his arse kicked anyway until Sam shoved the Cube into Megs. And in ROTF it would've worked out fine since Megatron killed Optimus in the forest and then later Optimus got a power-up from Jetfire, so size between them became less of an issue in the final desert battle.

The only place things become sticky is DotM as Megatron finally gets an alt mode that constrains him to a particular size and has a knock-on effect his robot mode too.

How tall was DotM Megatron in robot mode compared to both Optimus and Starscream?

But when it comes down to it a TF's robot mode design shouldn't be constrained by the movie makers just because 'Starscream can't be bigger than Megatron or why wouldn't he have overthrown Megatron?'. Starscream can be as big as he likes, but Megatron will always be more powerful. Don't be small-minded and just turn Starscream into a chicken-legged Dorito gorilla because you don't understand that it's not just about size in robot mode that makes one Transformer more powerful than another.

6. SoundwaveFanboy

SoundwaveFanboy Decepticon

It would be dumb if Starscream is bigger than Megatron considering that Megatrons the leader.

7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i'm always open for more proper scale in the fiction. i picture starscream as a schemer, acting like megatron's lowly second-in-command and then when he least expects it he uses his size to his advantage and wrecks megatron. at the very least i would've like starscream to be slightly taller than megatron when he's hunched over.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I wouldn't really mind. After all, they're both pretty much the same size anyway, so it doesn't really matter if Screamer was taller, because both of them can still perform their respective roles regardless of their size in comparison to each other.

Besides, Blackout's bigger than both of them :lol 

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Every Starscream ever should completely tower over everyone else if scale where adhered to. I'd love to see a series that played that straight.
    [​IMG]

If memory serves:
    Megatron = ~36 feet
    Starscream = 33 feet
    Optimus = 28 feet

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yes.

Megatron was a simple truck, and Starscream was a freaking jet. He should be taller.

11. Avengers

Avengers Banned

No thanks. this would go against 28 years worth of TF established media fiction.

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The barrel bottom isn't even there anymore, we've scraped it so much.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Thanks.

Hmm... good job Megatron has that extra three feet over Starscream or he'd be in real trouble. However does Optimus hope to defeat either Megs or Starscream while they tower over him so much?
    What would that be if Megs and Starscream were human heights? A few inches difference between them? No man has ever beaten a man three inches taller than him.
    Realistically leaders don't come to power because they're biggest/tallest. Otherwise Devastator should've been the leader.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He should be.

15. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i'll never get the "starscream is built like a linebacker so he isn't tall" argument. the leader toy and voyager toy both do that and while the leader toy admittedly does shrink, it's not a considerable amount.

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    What's wrong with W I D E !?????

17. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Really?

A) If height dictates leadership skills then Yaujta should be the governer of Pennsylvania... (actually he should be, regardless of height). But why should the "leader" always be the tallest?

B) Ever hear of a tiny little guy named Napolean? He conquered most of Europe in his day and was all of 5' 7". Or how about Hitler? He lead forces that conquered 1/4 (or more) of the world at roughly the same height (shorter actually, I believe). Not big guys, but HUGE accomplishments.

C) Both Blackout and Grindor were much taller (AND bigger overall) than Megatron. Why were neither of them leader of the Decepticons?

D) Barrel. Bottom. Scraped.

18. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

It was a simple design decision. Personally I like his more unique body structure, it fits the character well.

I mean, who wants to see a Starscream having the same old humanoid with jet wings yet still shorter than Megs somehow all the time?

Oh yeah. Forgot about those GEEWUN guys...

I wouldn't really like it if Starscream was taller. He actually had a personality, so his body had to fit his character. (And as stated above, it did.)

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Completely ignoring the fact that it's Galvatron and not Megatron, Starscream is still clearly larger.

[​IMG]

20. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't like it. In the scenes Megs and Scream have together in dotm, you can tell screamer would be taller if he wasn't hunching over like igor.