What would you say this lot is worth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaddicus, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

So I'm thinking about down sizing my collection, plus I could use the extra coin. What do you all think that this lot is worth?

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

Vintage or reissue? Complette?

3. Chaddicus

Well from what I can tell, all are vintage. All three combiners have all parts/ weapons for gestalt mode. I have a few of the accessories for the computron bots. Sunstreaker is missing his left front tire, have both hands, shoulder rockets, and I think 3 miissle. Astrotrain has his rifle, blitzwing has sword and turret. The microx reflector has the lens. 2 of the 3 insecticons have their guns. Red alert has his rifle. Prowl has rifle, both launchers and 2 missles. Inferno has rifle, hands, 1 missle, both spoilers. Bot only are original cyclonus, venom, pounce/wingspan w both wings. I've rerolabled cyclonus and the technobots.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Combiners vary in price. They could go from anywhere between $50 for ones with missing parts for the smaller robots and up to almost $200 complete with paperwork.

I would suggest checking completed auctions on ebay and find items in similar condition and check sales threads here and do the same. Get a feel for what you want for them and then sell them off (individually would be best).

5. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    $500-700 is my guess. $100 per combiner/gestalt. The last time I picked up a reflector, he ran about $100 and that was 5 years ago. Depending on if the other guys are reissue, they may go for $20 a piece. Not sure the cost of the clones but I rated themas $50.

6. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reflector, complete, is your crown jewel. He's extremely hard to find complete with all three bots. For the lot, $500 to $750.

7. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Problem is if you put that up as a lot on ebay, you wouldn't get close to that. It would pretty much get picked up by a dealer who would break it up to re-selll and they would want to get it as cheap as possible. Once it breaks to $100, then $200, and $300 you loose more and more possible buyers.

You are much better off putting up each Gestalt and Reflector on their own. Those are your big sales and will make up most of what you could get and you will get maximum price selling individually. The rest you could put into smaller lots and likely sell decently.

I would get completed auction prices on them. Figure out what the ebay fees would cost ya, which can definitely eat into your profits, deduct that and find a good attractive price and post them up for sale here first and see if you get any bites.

Gluck

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is really good advice. Selling individually is the better way to go.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking USD $800 but ONLY if these are complete & unbroken pieces. Since there's some missing parts/accessories, I'll say about USD $700.

You should get more if you were to break these up & sale 'em individually instead of ridding 'em in one lot. :) 

10. Chaddicus

I appreciate all your input. Much needed and very sound advice. Well keep an eye out for additions to my sales thread. These will probably be on there soon.

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    If you were to sell it as a lot, I dont think you'd get more than 300. Sell them individually I would say you'd get somewhere inthe neighborhood of 500. I think the estimates of 700-800 are a bit exagerated, however it all depends on who is in the market when you list these and what they are willing to spend. Also most of these prices are for mint and complete figures, anything less than that will obviously detract from the value.