What would you pay for...

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by jegol71, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jegol71

jegol71 Member

...the unproduced screenplay for TF:TM from 1986 that no one has ever seen outside of the early development stages? It's the script that could have taken the place of what we know and love, never seen by the public before. It may be available for sale.

If interested, please send an email to [email protected] with offers.

Thanks!

2. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How would one go about verifying that such script is real?

3. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I want someone to splice up season three and make it kick a little more ass.

I can do it, but I lack the equipment

I wouldnt want to pay for that script, is it even a script or a bunch of Tolkien like notes, but i wouldnt mind readin online

But really........Tracks didnt Die, unless it actually happened...........

4. jegol71

jegol71 Member

Ron Friedman, the original writer of the movie, can have the script notarized and verified. Additionally, since it was a commissioned draft, it has to be archived with the Writers Guild, which would prove its validity, likely containing a draft date and number in context with the final. The fact that the script hasn't appeared on the internet like other early movie drafts is testament to the script's singularity. I have read through some of it, which is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY, and all I'll say is that Ron has had a career of almost half a century for good reason. A prototype or unproduced figure tells the story of one item. This script can be considered a prototype as well, but for the story of all the characters, and all the items that would have been.

I have been bombarded with PM messages, and unfortunately cannot reply to all of them, so if you are interested in this script or any other pieces of Ron's vast Transformers estate, please submit offers or inquiries to [email protected].

Thanks,

Jared

5. jegol71

jegol71 Member

Development Materials-- Going soon

Ron has been approached by an auction house to purchase the entire lot. All of the items in question will be slated to be part of a Sci Fi film and television museum in Houston. He will make his decision at the end of the week, and from then on nothing else will be available to you. He has agreed to let me post a partial listing of what he has here.

Any serious offers will be entertained through [email protected]

Here are the words straight from Ron Friedman, the original writer of the Transformers:

"17 - 11x17" brilliantly colored model sheets for the lead characters in the movie, each with an acrylic cover - HOT ROD as a vehicle and transformed AUTOBOT, ARCEE the same et alia. Each a beauty,

About 25-30 11x17" brilliantly colored, but not quite as high quality MODELS OF ALL MOVIE CHARACTERS. UNICRON is shown in a separate series of drawings.

The COMPLETE SET OF ORIGINAL NOTES, STORY LINES, AND REVISIONS FOR MY FIRST VERSION OF THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE, AND THE SAME FOR THE SECOND AND FINAL VERSION, WHICH WAS FILMED.

Plus THE ORIGINAL ONE SHEET FOR THE MOVIE, which is neatly folded in quarters and was not used in the final version. I don't think anybody has ever seen this.

Also a set of POLAROIDS from HASBRO showing the FIRST finished version of the Transformer character toys. I think ten - fifteen of them. They're faded, but...."

This is a landmine find that an serious collector should entertain adding to their personal museums, since it's not going to ever be available again.

Pictures of the first items are available. Here's a unique one for size. Note: these are not the same model sheets sold by Sunbow on eBay some time back. These are DEVELOPMENT SHEETS. Notice none of them carry the Transformers: The Movie logo. This is because they were not finalized.

Thanks guys.

Jared

Attached Files:

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Not to sound greedy or anything, but are more pictures available? Or is this all you are allowed to release to the public at this time?

Thanks so much for sharing!

7. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Not to sound like a jerk but, is there anyway to verify any of what youre saying here ? Do you have any personal credentials ? All you have said is that you have a one of a kind relic, which one would reasonably to expect to be worth thousands, that may or may not even be available.

I hope you can understand my, or anyones, skepticism.. Im not sure how one would reasonably go about contacting Ron Friedman about this, much less have any of what youre offering certified to be authentic by professionals.

Without it already being able to be proven to be legit, it seems to me like anyone would be taking a huggge gamble sending money imo.

8. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

So is any tf fan a member of the writers guild? seems to me this is a good excuse to get access to this draft- scan it in and viola! at the least it shopuld be readable and someone can read and report back! anyone can go to the WGA script library!

Any one out in LA? i think the wga library is .... at fairfax and 3rd but its been a while- i do remember they close to take a 90 minute lunch or somethinf ridiculous like that. oh and park under in the garage- it was free last i was there.

In other thoughts? the writer could have shared (and can still) this stuff with us as a resource and hed be a god. this is the sorta guy who could be at a botcon as a superguest. Think about your 50 years mr writerman and that none of us affiliate you in anyway for this flick that we just love and remember you probably want to leave your legacy in more than cash...

you wanna do an interview Ron?

Lets talk about your time in our world. we'll all line up if youve got a story.

welcome.

9. phantomfharlock

Blurr- again- heres where we can verify it- if it were a commissioned draft- an LA based member needs to go visit the library- they can get the ref number from the helpful staff and look it up. that solves that. Or well theres other ways for a current wga member to do things.

I'm stunned that ron or jared here didnt realise that an unauthorized tf the movie book with all this hoo ah would sell in print on demand at 30 bucks a shot all year long. ron could be GOH at every con he wanted to for a year sign books and what have you.

10. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Yeah... I dunno, I still dont think I would send that kinda money with out certificates of authenticity, and knowing the person I was getting it from, personally.

edit-
    I duno about that either.. I hate to say this but, even me personally, would be one of the first people that would try to take it and make available for everyone @ free. Im a firm believer in "rights to know".

11. phantomfharlock

you mihgt- and so would i and really if there is a copy at the library someone really should scan it an post it hint hint. theres ways to do that. ahem. but if i was the author of a mess of material?

next step? contact the museum in houston. trust me this stuff is gettable.

and really anyone who wanted to make MONEY off a transformer item? shoulda Never hit up junkion exchange...

12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Interesting. I'm not WGA per se, but I work the writer's room for an animated show that is filled with WGA writers. Perhaps I can ask them to grab me a copy of said script. Easy peasy.

13. jegol71

jegol71 Member

I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm in the process of making the move up to Los Angeles, hopefully doing something similar to what I'm sure CookSux hopes to be doing.

Interestingly enough, in a roundabout way, Ron has confirmed his connection to the work and his authenticity by informing me that the WGA does not deal with animation in most cases (such as here) and as a result was not registered. Moreover, since this draft was not used, I doubt it would have been available.

To speak to my credentials and to Ron's:

I met Ron while pursuing my MFA in Screenwriting at Chapman University. He has been a mentor and a good friend, and I am blessed as a Transformers fan to have had this experience for life, especially after being forced to sell much of my collection for medical and school expenses. I am more so fortunate that I had someone with his breadth of industry knowledge there to help me craft my scripts.

To wit, here's a pamphlet from my school, with Ron taking part in a forum on the last page:

As for my credentials, I should let Ras --or, from back in the day, Artfire-- vouch for my character should anyone not be swayed by my ebay feedback. Have Ras tell you the story of how I sold him a MOSC Milton Bradley Seaspray, unpunched, only to have the punch card fall out the day before I shipped it to him. Weeks later, he received the smallest of boxes in the mail, sent to the UK from Florida, containing the piece of cardboard missing. I guess I told the story for him.

Furthermore, Ron has expressed not only an interest in accessing the fandom (possibly on here), but to contribute what he can to its incomplete development history. More on this later, I'm sure.

In the meantime, the script all of his other development material is still up for sale through the end of the week. Phantomofharlock, if you can think of somewhere better to post this, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Jared

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016