What would you MOD & D/L (if it were possible)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by billcosby, Aug 23, 2010.

1. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    These days console ports either aren't moddable by intent of the developers or gamers haven't figured out how to mod them yet. Either way, it seems the developers don't want people sticking their fingers in their code.

It wasn't that last ago when a game came out (on PC) people were all over it and improving the game with extra features and mods and complete overhauls to give the game some longevity. Usually because the players/modders had time/energy to put into the game that developers didn't. I always use the Star Trek: Bridge Commander example... because no one would still play that game if it weren't for the incredible mods the Star Trek gaming community puts out. It's nearly 10 years old now and the quality and stability of the mods for that game inspire users to make their own mods.

It was a fair trade off. The users got great software and a chance to improve on it. The mods came simple (re-skinning a character, the option to customize stats) or complex (a complete overhaul of the UI and tweaks to the game engine). Some of those games even came ready to mod. Star Wars Battlefront II had a folder you could put user created maps in. A lot of other games have the same feature. No third party install software needed.

So.... long story short. Let's say War for Cybertron were open source with a thumbs up from High Moon to mod the single player campaign, thus making cheating in multiplayer impossible. I'm guessing that's the reason they don't want modding.

Modders: What kind of mod would you make?
    Downloaders: what would you be looking for?

Here's my own personal wishlist:

SKIRMISH MODE - It's so simple. I'd want to drop the enemies in the arena I'd want to fight them in and go at it. I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer so this kind of setup would be a lot of fun for me... and I know I'm not alone with this inclination.

CAMPAIGN EXTENDED OPTIONS:
    I know the reason we can't choose our two playalong buddies in single player... because of the story and dialouge. I'd like to go around it and allow players to choose whomever they'd like to play with. Also, there should be an option to "switch" out between the three.

SKINS - Make 'em all Geewun. Actually, I love the Cybertron designs so I'd be amped to see classic G1 characters redone a la WFC style. Wheeljack. Mirage. Do all the Constructicons properly. If us players could mod these things, there would be everything from Beast Wars to Energon available as add-on skins.

SANDBOX MODE: I'm sure someone would try to take a stab at this. But this would be a huge undertaking.

COMBINERS: I know this is a topic that invokes nerdrage, but I know this can be done simply: Allow the player to control an entire team of combiners that can create one big gestalt the player controls. A cutscene shows the combination/transformation. When not combined, the CPU controls your other bots. Enough of this foolishness about "who controls the leg" rubbish. It's been done before. Google MVAM's Galaxy class or Promethius class Star Trek Bridge Commander mod. It's the exact same kind of script. It might not work in confined spaces, but there's already a "can't transform here" message built into the existing game. Bob's your uncle. Done.

SINGLE PLAYER MAPS: How I would love to build some maps for this game. The look/feel is awesome. I'd like to build some Cybertronian cities. Since the game play is so linear, they'd likely have to be long narrow maps, but it's cool. I love driving mode. I think WFC could have used some more driving levels.

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

I've had this idea for a cool transformer stage for awhile now. It's a Devastator boss stage. You control Silverbolt..but the other aerialbots are being held captive (separately) and it's up to you go through the level and find them. Once you find one, that bot is controlled by the CPU. It's no easy task finding your other team members, and getting to Devastator is possible without finding them all. When you reach Dev, you press a button that combines them into Superion (but you always have the option of separating). He could be missing an arm or whatever, but it makes it way harder to defeat Dev if all your components aren't complete.

3. wyze2099

wyze2099 Well-Known Member

The two things I'd want to see most are in character creation:

I wouldn't mind seeing the entire color palettes opened up for both factions, so each TF has access to any color imaginable.

I'd also like to see interchangeable heads and facial features (mouthplates, visors, helmets, crests, etc.). It'd give each player-made character a distinctive look without interfering with the alt mode. Would anyone notice in multiplayer? Doubtful, but with a little tweaking here and there, the character customization process could be a labor of love that's just as fun as the actual combat.

4. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right now id just happy to be able to pick anyone i want for single player mode. I want to play as Jazz for more than just escalation mode....

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm all for full customisation. I was severely disappointed. Pick a chassis then colour him/her in two colours. What was the point of even putting it in? No matter what it feels like a cheap version of the character. I'd rather have access to the character themselves. I don't want a blue Optimus. It's still Optimus - only blue. And the illusion doesn't go away with generic voices.

Actually, mod the game to include a voice for Jazz. Rip it out of ROTF.

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I remember when DOOM came out players moded damn near everything to the point where levels would like the corridors of the Enterprise or like it was right out of The Simpsons. I would love to have that level of customizability with WFC, but proprietary nonsense being what it is, we'll never see it. Bah.

7. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Soundwave mods... that is all

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    WFC is way too complex with out a SDK.... =P

9. burn2theground

burn2theground New Member

Player Made Add Ons

A player could literally make thier own bot (by uploading it from a 3d modeling software to the game even the past transformers games with a little mods).

They could also make maps that they could upload to the transformers war for cybertron site.

They could also make custom scripts for the the game like gesalts and new transformations for characters.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wanted to use War for Cybertron for machinama but the game doesn't give me the tools I needed.

But custom characters is what would make me the most happy in the pants.